Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Opus X?
cajun 03:28 PM 08-12-2011
Are they really that good. Never had one so I thought I'd give it a shot. Can anyone recommend a online shop that has them in stock. Tried several places but all were sold out. There has to be a site that has a single left somewhere.
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 03:31 PM 08-12-2011
:-)

I've only had one and I would like to find some more. My local B&M used to have some and thats where I got the one that I had, but they don't have anymore.
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 03:32 PM 08-12-2011
Most online shops seem to mark these up quite drastically. At least where I've seen them online. You might be better off spending a little more time around here and doors might possibly begin to open for you :-)
[Reply]
pektel 03:34 PM 08-12-2011
My honest opinion - Are they good? Yep, with some age. I haven't had many, but there are so many good cigars out there that I don't think they are worth the hype. Give me a Hemingway WOAM or Don Carlos instead.

But I do have the palate of a goat.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 03:43 PM 08-12-2011
I like them with 3+ years on them. They tend to calm down a lot and they are much more balanced with age. I really can't handle them fresh at all. Over the top spice/woodiness.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:47 PM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by cajun:
Are they really that good.
Originally Posted by pektel:
My honest opinion - Are they good? Yep, with some age. I haven't had many, but there are so many good cigars out there that I don't think they are worth the hype. Give me a Hemingway WOAM or Don Carlos instead.

But I do have the palate of a goat.

Yes, and yes again. They can be good, but IMHO are overpriced and overhyped. You should find one to try, but when I overpay for a cigar I prefer a VSG. Just my :-) , and worth every penny.
[Reply]
jesseboston81 03:54 PM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by The Poet:
but when I overpay for a cigar I prefer a VSG
[Reply]
WittyUserName 04:05 PM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by jesseboston81:
HAHAHA, I have not had one yet, but it is on my list. :-)

Edit: I meant the VSG
[Reply]
The Poet 04:06 PM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by jesseboston81:
:-)

Jesse, you finally found my invisible avatar!!
[Reply]
scottdurand 04:39 PM 08-12-2011
Cajun make the drive to the shop here in Lafayette and I will share one with you.
[Reply]
hscmit 04:44 PM 08-12-2011
excellent job on the vsg meme

some of the opus are worth it to me, but not to others

like you will hear lots of times like what you smoke, smoke what you like.

it is worth tracking one down to try, but I wouldnt pay what some of these online places charge for them
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 05:04 PM 08-12-2011
Haven't had a horrible one yet! I agree they can be high priced online. Limited Editions usually aren't as limited as what they make it sound like.
[Reply]
bruceolee 05:10 PM 08-12-2011
They're pretty good but for the price......eh. Let me put it this way

Opus x vs Padron 1964 anny? Padron

Opus X vs Ashton VSG? VSG

Opus X vs Bolivar PC? Bolivar

You can see where I'm going with this. If I'm at my B&M and they're in AND at retail value then I may pick up a few but it's rare. I'd rather invest my money on international investments.

These are jut opinions and all taste is subjective so the fun of cigars is the discovery of smokes you like, love, or hate. The best advice I can give is buy some and find out if you like them. Either way it's always fun. :-)
[Reply]
Pat1075 05:20 PM 08-12-2011
I like them and I think they are worth the coin, I also like VSG and ESG. Wait till your B&M has them back in stock probably will be sometime around christmas, by then they will probably have anejos as well. But that is just one mans opinion. Are they superior to Padron Anniverio? No, just very different.
[Reply]
darkninja67 06:24 PM 08-12-2011
An Opus with 3-5 years on it is one of the best cigars you can smoke IMO
Padrons are also very good if you want to smoke fresh
VSG? Good but not in the same class IMO, good cigar for the money though
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 07:19 PM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by Pat1075:
I like them and I think they are worth the coin, I also like VSG and ESG. Wait till your B&M has them back in stock probably will be sometime around christmas, by then they will probably have anejos as well. But that is just one mans opinion. Are they superior to Padron Anniverio? No, just very different.
My 2 favorite cigars. I haven't had an Anejo in a while but I love them.
[Reply]
jsnake 08:20 PM 08-12-2011
Some good complexity but I have had better $5 cigars. I just don't think they are worth the price. I guess to elaborate nothing struck me as being better compared to really good cheap cigars. I think you are paying for the hype and availability. I had construction issues especially with the burn. The flavors are really good though but I personally won't buy these. If I get a trade, bomb, or pass I will gladly smoke them but I won't go hunting them down.
[Reply]
JJG 07:25 PM 08-13-2011
I love them. While its true that there are other good or better cigars available for less, that doesn't mean they taste the same. The Opus definitely has a unique flavor which I really enjoy.

The only cigar that tastes the same to me is the LG by Litto Gomez. It's still a pricey cigar, but cheaper than the Opus. I haven't bought an Opus X since I found the LG

If you have never had one though, I still recommend them.
[Reply]
darkninja67 08:10 AM 08-14-2011
Originally Posted by JJG:
I love them. While its true that there are other good or better cigars available for less, that doesn't mean they taste the same. The Opus definitely has a unique flavor which I really enjoy.

The only cigar that tastes the same to me is the LG by Litto Gomez. It's still a pricey cigar, but cheaper than the Opus. I haven't bought an Opus X since I found the LG

If you have never had one though, I still recommend them.
They are one of if not the most unique cigar out there IMO. The smell of the wrapper smells like nothing else out there, and the aroma of the smoke is very special as well.
[Reply]
x man 08:22 AM 08-14-2011
I`ve been smoking them since 1995.:-)
I always have 3 or 4 different sizes. But it costs the same
to send u one cigar or 5 or 10. How far are you from Lafayette.:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up