Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Asylum Restraint
Skywalker 11:15 PM 11-23-2008
I need to show some restraint between now and Christmas!!!

If you are like me and need help saving money for Christmas presents, check in here for a little help!!!
[Reply]
DrDubzz 11:16 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
I need to show some restraint beween now and Christmas!!!

If you are like me and need help saving money for Christmas presents, check in here for a little help!!!
I need help, if I'm not careful I'll be calling up Ditech before too long :-)

but seriously, it's killing me not to be spending, but I simply don't have cash. and unlike last year, the wife and I are trying to be responsible, which sucks btw.
[Reply]
Darrell 11:17 PM 11-23-2008
I'm with you there. I sold some samplers to pick up a few things, but as far as the rest of my $$$$, it's all going toward presents. :-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 11:20 PM 11-23-2008
Must... stop... buying... cigars. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:23 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
Must... stop... buying... cigars. :-)
Bet you don't, Josh. :-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 11:25 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Bet you don't, Josh. :-)
After this week.. I swear!! :-)
[Reply]
GoatLocker 11:34 PM 11-23-2008
Christmas? Bah!!! Restraint is for people who don't smoke cigars. What I need is more cigars. And maybe a bigger humidor. Embrace your OCD! :-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:34 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
After this week.. I swear!! :-)
No te creo.... :-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 11:42 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
No te creo.... :-)
Neither do I. :-)
[Reply]
JE3146 11:44 PM 11-23-2008
Do as I do.

Just tell yourself to be happy with what you got. And that the prices are absurd.... (I know.. I know.. I just tell myself this to keep from buying....) And do not for whatever reason look at the deal or the devil sites.

I haven't bought a single cigar since May.

Saving my money for our wedding (Next July... :-) ).... and all I gotta say is she better damn well appreciate it.. cus I'm going insane. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:49 PM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by JE3146:
Do as I do.

Just tell yourself to be happy with what you got. And that the prices are absurd.... (I know.. I know.. I just tell myself this to keep from buying....) And do not for whatever reason look at the deal or the devil sites.

I haven't bought a single cigar since May.

Saving my money for our wedding (Next July... :-) ).... and all I gotta say is she better damn well appreciate it.. cus I'm going insane. :-)
You're my hero!!!
[Reply]
bobarian 12:40 AM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
I need to show some restraint between now and Christmas!!!

Didnt help me a bit. I just keyed my card number with my nose!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
ucla695 06:45 AM 11-24-2008
It's gets harder and harder to sit on the sidelines when the prices keep getting more and more attractive. Although I plan on spending the money on presents, I might have to pull the trigger on some sticks if there's something I can't pass up.
[Reply]
dcamacho 06:51 AM 11-24-2008
OMG, its been hell! im Latino we have 100 kids per aunt/uncle, my family is H U G E. i cant spend 1 penny on anything until i get Xmas gifts for my whole family. but i found a solution .... a small one, but it works ....

put your CA USERNAME on the Xmas List of Gifts :-) .... no one will know.

- dennis
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:40 AM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Didnt help me a bit. I just keyed my card number with my nose!:-):-):-)
Originally Posted by dcamacho:
OMG, its been hell! im Latino we have 100 kids per aunt/uncle, my family is H U G E. i cant spend 1 penny on anything until i get Xmas gifts for my whole family. but i found a solution .... a small one, but it works ....

put your CA USERNAME on the Xmas List of Gifts :-) .... no one will know.

- dennis
You two are insane!!!:-)
[Reply]
kayaker 07:46 AM 11-24-2008
I need help too. After I swore not to spend anymore before Christmas, I ordered a bundle from Vegas de Santiago, then went in for a box of Diablo Picantes.

I would also be going in on some CC box splits but others had more sense and decided to wait until after Christmas.

I NEED HELP!!!
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:34 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by kayaker:
I need help too. After I swore not to spend anymore before Christmas, I ordered a bundle from Vegas de Santiago, then went in for a box of Diablo Picantes.

I would also be going in on some CC box splits but others had more sense and decided to wait until after Christmas.

I NEED HELP!!!
Hang in there buddy!!! Only a month to go!!!
[Reply]
Drat 12:52 PM 11-24-2008
Is it bad that I just bought $100 worth of samplers from CI and had them sent to my work so I can bring them home and sneak them into the coolidor without the wife knowing?
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 01:02 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Drat:
Is it bad that I just bought $100 worth of samplers from CI and had them sent to my work so I can bring them home and sneak them into the coolidor without the wife knowing?

Crazy? Hell...I do that just so my mailman won't think I'm crazy! He always makes a comment when another box from PA shows up, because he knows he's gonna get a stick or two from time to time. I can't imagine having a wife and trying to hide from her as well...it's hard enough on my own!

Jason
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:03 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Drat:
It is not bad... It's dishonest, but not bad!!!:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up