Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>JR Cigars
mangwhop 02:40 PM 07-18-2011
Im on my way to FL from MA and we just hit the half way point in NC. Im seeing all the signs for JR Cigars. Was just wondering if anyone here has been? Do they have good deals?
[Reply]
Tyler 02:43 PM 07-18-2011
Their internet deals are pretty good IMHO. I have bought from them in the past. The only reason I don't now is that I use Cbid and Cigar Auctioneer. They normally have pretty good box prices with free items such as ash trays, lighters, etc.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:44 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by mangwhop:
Im on my way to FL from MA and we just hit the half way point in NC. Im seeing all the signs for JR Cigars. Was just wondering if anyone here has been? Do they have good deals?
There are exactly 67 signs from Ocala, Fl to the store in NC...my wife and I counted 'em last year on our way back from Epic III. They have tons of sticks and usually can find a pretty decent deal. Seems that their big deals are on their JR Cigar sticks (the ones they try to compare to their brand name counterpart). You'll be surprised, it's more like a country Walmart than it is a straight cigar shop. The cigar shop is in the middle. Definetly worth a stop.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:46 PM 07-18-2011
Which one? There are 3 in NC.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:48 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Yepper. As I've only been to the Statesville one (albeit on numerous occasions) I can only help with info on that one.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:48 PM 07-18-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
The one we stopped off at was the one in Selma, NC...right off I-95.

67 JR Road
Selma, NC 27576
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 03:00 PM 07-18-2011
Do it. Very nice (CIGAR) store, knowledgeable folks. Couple of the guys are members here. Plus they carry Pepin sticks now.

I think the one @ 70&95 is exit 97.

Edit to say prices not as good as they once were here in NC due to our governess. Also, Smokers Palace in Wilson is a decent little stop if you haven't passed it yet. It's @ 95 & 264 alt. 121 I think.
[Reply]
sheeper 04:27 PM 07-18-2011
it's worth a stop. I picked up some nice deals at the one in NJ.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:40 PM 07-18-2011
Hope you stopped... I really like the place. :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:08 PM 07-18-2011
I'm hoping to make it up to one of the NC locations the next time I visit SC on business:-)
[Reply]
Tio Gato 07:14 AM 07-19-2011
Definitely worth a stop. I've only been to the selma shop. They do give you the freebies that are listed on their site. Got a nice leather 3 finger case with a box of Punch Puros.

They have lots of cool other stuff too. Cowboy hats, cheap books and clothing. The best thing I bought was country slab bacon. Haven't seen it on their website lately, but if they have it you should grab some. It doesn't need to be refridgerated so it's a good road trip pick up.:-)

A little off topic, a buddy of mine went to JR and was dismayed that they didn't recognize him as "the guy from Rhode Island that buys ERDMs". It was hard not to laugh at him.:-)

Have a safe trip.
[Reply]
hscmit 08:05 AM 07-19-2011
I wasnt impressed by the selection or prices, but the lounge area was nice, and it is a good way to break up a trip
[Reply]
jjirons69 08:39 AM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by Tio Gato:
They have lots of cool other stuff too. Cowboy hats, cheap books and clothing. The best thing I bought was country slab bacon. Haven't seen it on their website lately, but if they have it you should grab some. It doesn't need to be refridgerated so it's a good road trip pick up.:-)
Uuummmm....Nothing goes with bacon like a good cigar!
[Reply]
mangwhop 07:27 PM 07-19-2011
Thanks guys, Ill be stopping on the way back home (next tuesday) sounds like a cool place.
[Reply]
kaelaria 04:25 AM 07-20-2011
LOL too funny - I was going to post about this myself! I just got back from a week in NY and was amazed at how many billboards they have! They either shelled out a small fortune or have stock in the billboard company :-) Unfortunately it was the middle of the night both times I passed it :-) I didn't expect it to be a Walmart type place, I thought it was just cigars. Seems they sell just about everything!
[Reply]
mangwhop 04:15 PM 07-28-2011
Very cool store. Wish they had one up my way. I could of spent a lot of time in that place. Good thing my humidor is full!!

Anyways.. after the Fiancee found me after being in there for about a half hour i ended up with this..

2 power rangers

These will be my first Opus ever... hope there good.

Planning an overnighter in NC soon to shop some more.
:-)

Thanks for convincing me to stop everyone!!! :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 04:17 PM 07-28-2011
Originally Posted by mangwhop:
Very cool store. Wish they had one up my way. I could of spent a lot of time in that place. Good thing my humidor is full!!

Anyways.. after the Fiancee found me after being in there for about a half hour i ended up with this..

2 power rangers

These will be my first Opus ever... hope there good.

Planning an overnighter in NC soon to shop some more.
:-)

Thanks for convincing me to stop everyone!!! :-)
My first Opus X were found at JRs, glad you enjoyed your stop
[Reply]
The Poet 04:27 PM 07-28-2011
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
My first Opus X were found at JRs, glad you enjoyed your stop
I am curious as to when that was, as I can well remember when one could not find any AFs (or for instance Ashton VSGs) at all in JRs. Yet at my last trip to the one here in Whippany I spotted VSGs, and was told Opus was on the way.

Years ago, Lew Rothman explained he would never offer anything for sale unless he had assurance he could obtain enough stock to provide for his customers' wants. So either these are getting easier for him to procure, or Altadis has convinced Lew to modify his policy.
[Reply]
awsmith4 05:40 PM 07-28-2011
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I am curious as to when that was, as I can well remember when one could not find any AFs (or for instance Ashton VSGs) at all in JRs. Yet at my last trip to the one here in Whippany I spotted VSGs, and was told Opus was on the way.

Years ago, Lew Rothman explained he would never offer anything for sale unless he had assurance he could obtain enough stock to provide for his customers' wants. So either these are getting easier for him to procure, or Altadis has convinced Lew to modify his policy.
This was almost 5 years ago or more at at stop at the store in Burlington, NC. I was surprised to see them and they were only sold as singles and two per customer. The best part was they were at MSRP.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:38 PM 07-29-2011
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
This was almost 5 years ago or more at at stop at the store in Burlington, NC. I was surprised to see them and they were only sold as singles and two per customer. The best part was they were at MSRP.
Interesting. I expected you to say 5 months, not 5 years. Thanks for the reply.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up