Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>New sticks and humi.
Scottw 11:33 PM 11-21-2008
In 14 months, I went from buying a box of cigars to give out for my sons birth, to this. Her is a pic of the collection as I was loading it into the new humi that I had to buy thanks to spending tons of time on cigar forums. Let me know what you think!!
Attached: thecollection.jpg (113.6 KB) new humi 1.jpg (110.0 KB) topshelfsticks.jpg (117.4 KB) 
[Reply]
zmancbr 11:38 PM 11-21-2008
Sweet! That is a nice looking collection and humi there... I see many coolers or cabinets in your not too distant future! :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:38 PM 11-21-2008
Nice :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 11:45 PM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
Sweet! That is a nice looking collection and humi there... I see many coolers or cabinets in your not too distant future! :-)
I have 80 more stogies en route as well, I think you are right!!!:-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 11:46 PM 11-21-2008
Nice collection Scott. That new humi looks awesome. :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 11:56 PM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by Scottw:
I have 80 more stogies en route as well, I think you are right!!!:-)
Better start looking for the cooler deals... :-)

I started with a 150ct and then it was the 150 and another 300 ct... then it was a 2-3k stick cabinet which I have owned for less than a year and it is getting a bit hard to fit stuff in these days... :-)

I am still trying to convince my gf that we need to convert the spare closet into a humidor... that might be a lost cause but dammit I am still gonna try... :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 12:00 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
Better start looking for the cooler deals... :-)

I started with a 150ct and then it was the 150 and another 300 ct... then it was a 2-3k stick cabinet which I have owned for less than a year and it is getting a bit hard to fit stuff in these days... :-)

I am still trying to convince my gf that we need to convert the spare closet into a humidor... that might be a lost cause but dammit I am still gonna try... :-)
I have an unfinished basement and my wife said as long as I put our home office down there (it is currently next to the kitchen, we have a data center there with laptops and stuff) I can build a walk in humi and wine cellar. Too bad I am all thumbs when it comes to construction. I can do an 8 X 6 walk in for both. Might need more for the wine but she is cool with it.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 12:01 AM 11-22-2008
looks really nice, excellent collection

but you should have just bought the 150qt :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 12:04 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by RX2010:
looks really nice, excellent collection

but you should have just bought the 150qt :-)
There is 176 in there already (there is a box of RP decades on the 2nd shelf that you really can't see and a box of anejo's ( 11 in the box) on the bottom.
Getting 80 more minus the 3 or 4 I will smoke this weekend and we have a little over 250 sticks.
[Reply]
Waynegro1 12:14 AM 11-22-2008
Humi looks great. Congrats on finally adding stogies to it. That waiting has got to be the hardest part (hey, I think I just subconsciously quoted a Tom Petty song). Anyway, I love the top tray!! :-)
[Reply]
DrDubzz 12:16 AM 11-22-2008
There is 176 in there already (there is a box of RP decades on the 2nd shelf that you really can't see and a box of anejo's ( 11 in the box) on the bottom.
Getting 80 more minus the 3 or 4 I will smoke this weekend and we have a little over 250 sticks.
trust me, in 6 months, you'll have at least one cooler

unless you get that walk in you lucky bastage
[Reply]
Scottw 12:20 AM 11-22-2008
trust me, in 6 months, you'll have at least one cooler

unless you get that walk in you lucky bastage

If I do, I will be on this site like a sonufa***** asking questions. Honestly, she doesn't care as long as we have a spot out of the way for paperwork, etc. If I put up a little 10 X 10 space with a desk, computer and filing cabinets, I am free to do whatever I want with the basement. I am lucky I guess. When it's done, we are all herfing (yes, Jay Hemmingway, Blaylock, NJ Stogie king, Smokey, Bubba ,et al. I am talking to you!
[Reply]
DrDubzz 12:22 AM 11-22-2008
I like our dual thread convo here

if you do, pics pics pics!
[Reply]
Scottw 12:25 AM 11-22-2008
I like our dual thread convo here

if you do, pics pics pics!
Damn skippy! I'll be proud to show em if of course I get an actual contractor to build it. Min would look like chit!
[Reply]
DrDubzz 12:27 AM 11-22-2008
Damn skippy! I'll be proud to show em if of course I get an actual contractor to build it. Min would look like chit!
man, someday when I'm no longer a renting student. I hope to have one of my own. A pipe and cigar lounge with a walk in, a TV, and a fridge.

that's all I need, aside from all that stuff like a good marriage and job and blah blah blah
[Reply]
Scottw 12:37 AM 11-22-2008
man, someday when I'm no longer a renting student. I hope to have one of my own. A pipe and cigar lounge with a walk in, a TV, and a fridge.

that's all I need, aside from all that stuff like a good marriage and job and blah blah blah

Well then, I wish you all the success in attaining these things and look foward to the day when you need / want no more. It will happen!
[Reply]
DrDubzz 12:43 AM 11-22-2008
Well then, I wish you all the success in attaining these things and look foward to the day when you need / want no more. It will happen!
thanks man, until then, I will live vicariously through the more established types around here.

CA is a great place to be isn't it?
[Reply]
Scottw 12:48 AM 11-22-2008
thanks man, until then, I will live vicariously through the more established types around here.

CA is a great place to be isn't it?

Ain't it the truth bother, ain't it the truth. This place is great and you will get there and revel in the glory of your payoffs through hard/smart work
[Reply]
sofaman 05:43 AM 11-22-2008
Nice Humi and collection :-)
[Reply]
troutbreath 07:48 AM 11-22-2008
Nice collection and Humi! I absolutely love filling up a new humidor. You get an inventory of your collection, and you remember the good experiences in trying those sticks, or even the hesitation in buying them. Everything seems new, and the SMELLS! Yum.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up