Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Fathers Day Gift Ideas
dwoodward 01:23 PM 06-01-2011
Father's Day is just around the corner, and I am looking for a gift idea for my dad. I normally just buy him a box of golf balls, and I know that is what he will be expecting of me this year again. However, I had other ideas. I am thinking a nice box of cigars.

He has taken the trip down the slippery slope with me, however, he has gone a slightly different direction. I enjoy nice full body long smokes, but he has a favoring for the smaller petite sized cigars. So I was thinking about picking up a box of Cohiba Black Pequenos or something for him. He has always bought the cheapos like Alta Gracia and Shrapnel and has never had a good box of small smokes.

I am looking for ideas, money is very tight for me, am hoping to keep this under 50 bucks.
[Reply]
jledou 01:41 PM 06-01-2011
You could always do something with him like pay for a round of golf for both of you or bring over some steaks for the grill.
The Pequenos would be a nice step up for him over the others you have mentioned.
[Reply]
Ogre 01:44 PM 06-01-2011
If you are wanting a box here are a couple of recommendations.

Macanudo Petit Corona 5X38 about $70
Macanudo Court 4 3/16 X 36 about $65
Punch Elite EMS (nat or maduro) 5 1/4 X 44 about $60

Just a few ideas for the price.
[Reply]
Ogre 01:46 PM 06-01-2011
I am going to take a couple of sticks, some single malt and head over to my dads for some grilling.
[Reply]
Sherlockholms 01:50 PM 06-01-2011
I'm no help on this matter, my dad hates cigars. I doubt he's even tried one.
[Reply]
awsmith4 01:56 PM 06-01-2011
I wanted to come here and suggest the LVH Early Years but I can't find them for sale anywhere. Around that price there is some boxes of habanos that can be had.

I know of a bunch of bundles but I understand and agree the box presentation can be paramount in a gift situation.
[Reply]
Sled Dog 02:14 PM 06-01-2011
Couple other options as well.....

CAO Brazilia Cariocas
Cohiba - Miniatures
Partagas Black Pronto
Ashton - Cigarillos
Ashton - Esquire Tin
[Reply]
GreekGodX 05:23 AM 06-02-2011
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
I am going to take a couple of sticks, some single malt and head over to my dads for some grilling.
That sounds like a good idea :-)

Thinking about getting him a new smoker for father's day.
[Reply]
lilwing88 07:16 AM 06-02-2011
I'd go with a few tins of pequenos. Let him try some different smokes.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 07:55 AM 06-02-2011
There is the J fuego Origins Originals in the 5 pack. Great little smoke that is big on flavor and not very expensive,a great value if he winds up liking them. That with some nice craft beer will do the trick.
[Reply]
jjirons69 08:21 AM 06-02-2011
Check out Tampa Sweethearts. Good, cheap smokes made by respectable family.
[Reply]
TXRebel 08:34 AM 06-02-2011
Originally Posted by Ranger_B:
There is the J fuego Origins Originals in the 5 pack.
+1 good smoke at a good price.

also:
Gloria Cubana Minutos Maduro
DPG CC 1952
[Reply]
Stinky 08:55 AM 06-02-2011
all good ideas. You'll come to a decision just right for your dad. Be sure to include a nice card with a personal note from you. And, include a hand written check for one million dollars. :-) I did that for my son when he was 21. Told him if he could cash it, we'd split it! He still talks about that.
[Reply]
nofeardiver 09:01 AM 06-02-2011
DP CC BlackLabel around $85-95... one of my favorites right now... you could always buy him a couple of nice cigars like Padrons!.... either way i bet he will be stoked no matter what you do as long as he gets to spend time with his son...
[Reply]
dwoodward 12:45 PM 06-02-2011
Thanks for the ideas guys, I decided on going with a bunch of tins so he can try a bunch of different smokes to find one he likes. Would be a real shame if I bought a box and he hated them.

Thanks for the ideas.
[Reply]
Kaiten 05:00 PM 06-04-2011
For fathers day I'm giving my dad a few good sticks as well as AigarAficionado subscription. They have a special on there page that's a two for one so you can get one as well. It also comes with a free copy of The ABC's of Whiskey. To find that page just add a /fathersday after the .com for deal.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 05:14 PM 06-04-2011
My dad doesn't smoke. I'll bring over some nice steaks, grill them for him, a nice card, and hang out all day watching sports. We do that every year.
[Reply]
dwoodward 04:16 PM 06-09-2011
So the tins came and they are wrapped in plastic. Should I leave the plastic on them and stash them in my humidor? Or take the plastic off? I guess I am wondering if the plastic has any effect on them.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 08:48 PM 06-09-2011
Plastic shouldn't make a ton of difference... but I would put them in the humi. If they wont fit, take them out of the plastic. Then you can wrap them all individually! :-)

Nice idea for your dad's present. :-)
[Reply]
Sarae 10:59 PM 06-10-2011
Originally Posted by Coach Deg:
My dad doesn't smoke. I'll bring over some nice steaks, grill them for him, a nice card, and hang out all day watching sports. We do that every year.
Yeah, my Dad doesn’t smoke, too. What I plan to give him is the Just5 cell phone as he prefers using gadgets that do not offer complicated features. It’s a very nice simple phone and it’s very affordable as well.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up