Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>$50 gift certificate to my local B&M - what to get?
alexa071 04:08 AM 06-01-2011
Hey all,

I got a $50 gift certificate to my local B&M for my birthday from my wife. I'm thinking I want to get something special since I can get better deals on most cigars on cbid.

I have a new humidor in it's infancy sitting on the shop table at Waxingmoon humidors. I was thinking about getting two cigars... one to smoke now and one to age in my new beautiful humidor for a few years.

If you could buy any TWO cigars in the $20-$25 range each what way would you go?

Thanks for any input!

Randy
[Reply]
Patrick B 04:32 AM 06-01-2011
Padron 46 maduro, the strongest and best cigar they have made.
[Reply]
alexa071 09:43 PM 06-01-2011
Thanks Patrick... I'll look into it!

Any other suggestions? I don't know exactly what they'll have in stock...

Randay
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:49 PM 06-01-2011
Arturo Fuente Anejo or an Opus X.

Smoke the Padron 46 Maduro now, and the Opus or Anejo would be best with some age.
[Reply]
CoreyD 09:55 PM 06-01-2011
I'd get a god of fire ,Ashton, or Diamond Crown. If you know the worker or owners really well , and can trust them ask them the oldest cigars in the humidor. I have asked the owner and workers and have enjoyed sticks I can purchase other places but these had 3+ years of aging on them. Found a great Madurro Trinidad that was 3+ years old on it, smelt so stinky the owner smiled at my face I made, was tasty as heck. If I had the money I'd buy rest of the box. But like I stated not sure how big or how rare the sticks are in your humi so It'd be hard to give you good insight specialized for your B&M or question.
[Reply]
lilwing88 07:10 AM 06-02-2011
I'd go with anything top of the line from Fuente or Padron.......

As an alternative suggestion, you might want to consider that $50 off your favorite box of smokes, is a good deal too.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:03 AM 06-02-2011
Originally Posted by lilwing88:
As an alternative suggestion, you might want to consider that $50 off your favorite box of smokes, is a good deal too.
Agreed! :-)

If not toward a box, I would get as many of my favorites as possible. Can't say I would pay $20 for any nc.

:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:22 AM 06-02-2011
$ 50 towards some AWESOME maduros. :-) :-) :-)

CAO MX3
601 Blue
Sancho Panza Double Maduro Quixote
Old Henry Maduro
DPG JJ Series Maduro
El Cobre
Cubao Maduro
A. Turrent Triple Play
Paul Garmirian (PG) Maduro
Omar Ortez Original Maduro
Liga Privada #9
Murcielago
Paradigm 262
Tampa Sweethearts #500 Maduro
[Reply]
dwoodward 01:03 PM 06-02-2011
Not really 20 a stick, but Short Stories always hit the spot. They are tooooooo expensive at my B&M's, but when a buddy buys me one it's always a nice treat.
[Reply]
alexa071 02:09 PM 06-02-2011
Originally Posted by :
I know I might get chastized for it but I'm SO leery to spend money on a box of smokes at my B&M that I can get on cbid for half-price. Maybe if I was more loyal but my B&M is a good hour away and I really don't go there to smoke... just when I need a cigar without the wait or when I'm in the neighborhood and want to browse.

I figure if I have to spend $50 there (and get $25 in value for it vs. online) then I might as well get something I CAN'T find on a bid site.

So if I'm seeing everything here is what is on my list to check on:

Padron 46 Maduro
Arturo Fuente Anejo
Opus X (had the lost city recently and LOVED IT)
God of Fire
Diamond Crown
Ashton
Oldest damn cigar in the store

Thanks everyone for your input... I can't WAIT to get to the store!

Randy
[Reply]
Kreth 02:43 PM 06-02-2011
If you're not set on getting super premiums, $50 should cover a Palio. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
big a 02:50 PM 06-02-2011
I must say I like this idea. All of those sticks listed will be expensive in a B&M and online. My vote is for Padron or Anejos. Last time I got Anejos they were closer to $15 so you might be able to pick up 3-4.

With my experience of local B&Ms I would not being going for the oldest in the store. Mainly because the conditions of the humidors are not ideal for long term storage IMO. Let us know what you end up going with.
[Reply]
GWN 06:10 PM 06-02-2011
Since it's a gift, what about a lighter or a Palio or some other accessory? Something that will last awhile and will give you an excuse to buy more smokes.
[Reply]
Drez 06:24 PM 06-02-2011
I would get a Nice 15 - 20 dollar stick and a few padron 3000. That way you can smoke one now and another in a few months and so on. Or a fee oliva series v.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 06:26 PM 06-02-2011
Originally Posted by GWN:
Since it's a gift, what about a lighter or a Palio or some other accessory? Something that will last awhile and will give you an excuse to buy more smokes.
[Reply]
hammondc 06:52 PM 06-02-2011
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
Yep

This

yeah...I have to agree

+1
[Reply]
Bill86 07:01 PM 06-02-2011
Originally Posted by GWN:
[Reply]
markem 07:12 PM 06-02-2011
If you don't already have a stinky ashtray, get one (for about $20) and a cigar to break it in with.
[Reply]
Sherlockholms 07:22 PM 06-02-2011
I have nothing to add, there are some great suggestions by you guys!
[Reply]
dwoodward 10:56 PM 06-02-2011
Originally Posted by markem:
If you don't already have a stinky ashtray, get one (for about $20) and a cigar to break it in with.
+1 on this idea. I love BOTH of my stinky's... Yes, I have 2 of them... they are the best ashtrays I have ever used. I just like the fact that I can smoke a couple with a buddy, then set it aside to rest (and forget about), then come back and still have room for another cigar before emptying.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up