General Discussion>Memorial Day
hotreds 09:15 AM 05-27-2011
[Reply]
hotreds 09:18 AM 05-27-2011
[Reply]
hotreds 09:21 AM 05-27-2011
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 09:23 AM 05-27-2011
In loving memory of a Hero, Jeff Lehner.

[Reply]
N2 GOLD 10:28 AM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Sooo ture, that is one very BIG price they have paid for us....
:-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
bvilchez 10:47 AM 05-27-2011
I was going to start a thread about Memorial Day but Hugh beat me to it.

I ask from my fellow BOTL and SOTL to take a minute sometime over this weekend and remember what the day is truly about. Many men and women have paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we may live in peace and freedom. You have mothers who will wake up without being able to see their son/daughter again. Children who will never be able to feel the loving embrace of their father/mother. Wives/husbands who will never be able to hold the hands of their spouse as the walk down the street again.

Please I beg you to keep in mind those who have given their all so that we may enjoy weekends like this. And keep in mind their families who will, for the rest of their lifetime, have to endure the memory of their loved ones in just that....memory.

R.I.P. my fellow brethren.....
[Reply]
marge796 11:03 AM 05-27-2011
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 11:34 AM 05-27-2011
:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:36 AM 05-27-2011
[Reply]
Isom-niac2 11:52 AM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by bvilchez:

I ask from my fellow BOTL and SOTL to take a minute sometime over this weekend and remember what the day is truly about. Many men and women have paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we may live in peace and freedom. You have mothers who will wake up without being able to see their son/daughter again. Children who will never be able to feel the loving embrace of their father/mother. Wives/husbands who will never be able to hold the hands of their spouse as the walk down the street again.

Please I beg you to keep in mind those who have given their all so that we may enjoy weekends like this. And keep in mind their families who will, for the rest of their lifetime, have to endure the memory of their loved ones in just that....memory.

Well said my brother!!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 12:07 PM 05-27-2011
Thanks to all Veterans past and present and those currently serving! :-)

[Reply]
ucla695 01:01 PM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by bvilchez:

[Reply]
Sailchaser 01:33 PM 05-27-2011
I have been involved with Mi largest parade in good old SCS and the best part is watching the Vets smile when people acknowledge them, One word for me

GRATITUDE
[Reply]
TBone 02:30 PM 05-27-2011
Many National Cemeteries are having services for those who gave all...The VA Hospital Cemetary in Hampton Virginia being one of them...this would be a great event to take children to so that they may understand the freedoms they have and to meet WWII, Korean, Vietnam War vets and say thank you for what they did for us...and to say thank you to the current Military members for carrying on that service...I know I am.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:38 PM 05-27-2011
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:07 PM 05-27-2011
Great stuff right here!! :-)
[Reply]
smelvis 03:44 PM 05-27-2011
This is one of two of my most important holidays, I never served but Love all who did and will smoke many a stick and shed an equal amount of tears in gratitude throughout!!

Thank You!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 03:50 PM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by TBone:
Many National Cemeteries are having services for those who gave all...The VA Hospital Cemetary in Hampton Virginia being one of them...this would be a great event to take children to so that they may understand the freedoms they have and to meet WWII, Korean, Vietnam War vets and say thank you for what they did for us...and to say thank you to the current Military members for carrying on that service...I know I am.
Do you have any idea of how to find out about something like this in my area?
[Reply]
Drez 04:09 PM 05-27-2011
I've lost people who served with me and can not even begin to imagine the pain that there family's have endoured. God bless all vets past, present and future and god bless all those who support the vets.

It is a honor to have surved and a honor to be part of such a tight knit community that supports the troops. God bless you all and god bless the USA.:-):-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:54 PM 05-27-2011
Well said, Hugh.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up