Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Time to stock the Humi. Suggestions?
cmitch 07:51 AM 05-03-2011
I am an admitted Perdomo whore so I already like all things Perdomo. I've taken a liking to Ghurka shaggy's as well. My favorite Perdomo is the 10th Anniversary Champagne with the Criollo a close second. 5 Vegas 'A's are good too. A Recent smoke of a Liga Privada T52 was great as well. I've had a few RP's such as the edge and the 2008 Autumn Salomon. What sticks do you guys recommend I branch out to next based on the above info?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 07:58 AM 05-03-2011
Doesn't matter what you have had before, try as many different brands and lines within those brands as possible. It will take many, many years but it can be a fun ride.

:-)
[Reply]
RHNewfie 08:01 AM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Doesn't matter what you have had before, try as many different brands and lines within those brands as possible. It will take many, many years but it can be a fun ride.

:-)
And even a disgusting bump or two makes the journey more fun and gives you a story to tell!!
[Reply]
kickerb 08:01 AM 05-03-2011
check out tatuaje, padron for sure. and i really like panacea cigars from flatbed cigar company.

never can go wrong with some fuentes either.

check out cigarinternatinal, they have good deals on samplers :-)

cheers!
[Reply]
Aero95 08:04 AM 05-03-2011
Tatuaje Petite Cazadores Reserva, 601 Blue, and Illusione Epernay would be a good start IMO.
[Reply]
cmitch 08:40 AM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by kickerb:
check out tatuaje, padron for sure. and i really like panacea cigars from flatbed cigar company.

never can go wrong with some fuentes either.

check out cigarinternatinal, they have good deals on samplers :-)

cheers!
I've had Tats and Padrons. I didn't care much for the Panaceas except for the 54 ring gauge monster. Arturo Fuentes are pretty good.
[Reply]
shilala 09:03 AM 05-03-2011
Your "tried" list is all over the place. In a sense, that's good. It seems you like most anything. My suggestion would be to get in a couple trades, buy a couple samplers at the WTS/WTB forum, and get acquinted with a lot more stuff.
As you find things that you REALLY, REALLY enjoy, grab a box here and a box there.
Take your time, it's not a race. This whole hobby is about learning, and trying to master the fine art of patience. :-)
As far as what to try right now, A really nice starter stick are any of the Punch line. They have flavors that are decent and varied. Torano and Cusano are a couple brands that everyone seems to try, even if they don't stick. I was in love with both for about five minutes.
As you try new things, you'll find your taste and wants will morph until they settle, and you don't want to be sitting on a humidor full of boxes that you don't really don't reach for anymore. Eventually you'll find out what you truly like, and you'll gain the knowledge to seek those things out. That's a good point to start grabbing boxes, because at that point you'll absolutely know that the cigars you have in your humidor are tried and true, and you'll eventually go back to them.
Be forewarned that lots of nc's don't age so well. That's kind of a misleading statement, so bear me out. What happens is that they are usually subpar for the first 8 months, then get stellar for the next 8 months to a year, then start falling off in flavor. After a couple years they tend to really suffer stregth-wise, and you'll find yourself with a very different cigar.
This may or may not be good. To me, it's not. To you, it may be great. Also, that's not something that happens across the board. Some nc's get better and stay better, so there are definately exceptions.
I try to only keep the nc's I can smoke or gift in a couple years on hand, and not too many of one kind. I try to keep my stock new-ish.
Cc's keep much better, so that's where one might want to devote their storage space, unless they don't smoke a lot of cc's. Guys generally end up at cc's sooner or later, so it's probably good to have some room available.
I probably covered way too much, and didn't cover any part well enough, but the guys will fill in the holes with the parts you want to hear about. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:22 AM 05-03-2011
Maduros, Maduros, and more Maduros!! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Average Joe 11:58 AM 05-03-2011
Jump in the NST.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...14254&page=348

Oliva Serie V and O are also great. I like Camacho SLR Rothschild Maduro, but its a tad bit strong.
[Reply]
DBall 12:03 PM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
This whole hobby is about learning, and trying to master the fine art of patience. :-)
No kidding, especially when you start ordering cigars that take a month to arrive...

In all seriousness, though, the NST and trades like that are the way to go.. you'll find yourself enjoying cigars you never thought you would like.
[Reply]
shilala 12:52 PM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by DBall:
In all seriousness, though, the NST and trades like that are the way to go.. you'll find yourself enjoying cigars you never thought you would like.
Absolutely. :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 12:59 PM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Maduros, Maduros, and more Maduros!! :-) :-) :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 01:50 PM 05-03-2011
Padron & San Cristobal :-) I'm just saying....
[Reply]
pnoon 01:52 PM 05-03-2011
The NST is definitely the way to go.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
smokinpeace 02:20 PM 05-03-2011
Try some of Fuentes stuff. Hemingway and Don Carlos are both great readily available.
[Reply]
cmitch 08:52 PM 05-03-2011
I ordered a 5 pack of Padron 1964 Principe Naturals. I'm adding more for Friday shipment.
Now, I'm not a beginner smoker, by no means but I haven't branched out to try new things. I'll take some of these suggestions and add to my order.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 10:05 PM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by cmitch:
I am an admitted Perdomo whore so I already like all things Perdomo. I've taken a liking to Ghurka shaggy's as well. My favorite Perdomo is the 10th Anniversary Champagne with the Criollo a close second. 5 Vegas 'A's are good too. A Recent smoke of a Liga Privada T52 was great as well. I've had a few RP's such as the edge and the 2008 Autumn Salomon. What sticks do you guys recommend I branch out to next based on the above info?
Try the Perdomo2 LE Maduros LOVE THEM
[Reply]
SvilleKid 11:36 PM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by cmitch:
I've had Tats and Padrons. I didn't care much for the Panaceas except for the 54 ring gauge monster. Arturo Fuentes are pretty good.
Clayton...

You try the Don Carlos line?? I think they may be my fav AFs!
[Reply]
thecatch83 04:41 AM 05-04-2011
Originally Posted by aero95:
Tatuaje Petite Cazadores Reserva, 601 Blue, and Illusione Epernay would be a good start IMO.
That's half my collection :-)

Tatuaje
Cabaiguan
Ambos Mundos
El Triunfador
A. Fuente (Opus, Ajeno)
Don Pepin Garcia (anything/all)
Illusione
Viaje

Smoke everything........enjoy the journey!
[Reply]
Duke9192 07:25 AM 05-04-2011
Anything Padron, and Tatuaje is always a good way to go. Possibly a nice box of Anjeo.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up