Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>Students - End of semester
Spect 11:36 PM 11-19-2008
I'm grinding though the last few tweaks and corrections of a major paper due tomorrow afternoon. Was sitting here enjoying an RS 12 and oddly enough paired with a 12yr old Craggenmore. It suddenly dawned on I'm probably not the only BOTL on the home stretch right now...

It's crunch time right now but finals are just around the corner. Guys, we're so close.

Good luck! :-)
[Reply]
Seanohue 11:54 PM 11-19-2008
Got my last final tomorrow! Can't wait to go home.
[Reply]
Spect 11:56 PM 11-19-2008
Originally Posted by Seanohue:
Got my last final tomorrow! Can't wait to go home.
Oh! Lucky!
[Reply]
webjunkie 12:01 AM 11-20-2008
I have two major term papers due in a couple of weeks. After that I have to proctor and grade a final for the class I TA. Proctoring a final on Dec. 17, at 7:30 am. Oh goodie :-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 05:35 AM 11-20-2008
I'm gettin' kicked in the crotch hard this week!! Finishing up a 15 page research paper right now that's due in a couple of hours. 3 more research papers due next Tuesday. Then 5 exams the week after Thanksgiving.

SOMEONE PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY!!!! :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 06:32 AM 11-20-2008
Hang in there guys. The finish line is within site and then some great down time (hopefully) to enjoy some great cigars!
[Reply]
kayaker 06:44 AM 11-20-2008
You guys are lucky to be finished soon.

I'm trying to finish my thesis before Christmas. Unfortunately, my writing is not tied to the semester so I'll be at it for the next 3-4 weeks. Or longer if I don't get off CA and do some work.:-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:23 AM 11-20-2008
Best of luck guys....
[Reply]
poker 07:32 AM 11-20-2008
Good luck guys. Seems like a long time ago for me. Probably because it was a long time ago. :-)
[Reply]
webjunkie 07:56 AM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by kayaker:
You guys are lucky to be finished soon.

I'm trying to finish my thesis before Christmas. Unfortunately, my writing is not tied to the semester so I'll be at it for the next 3-4 weeks. Or longer if I don't get off CA and do some work.:-)
Hey, Kayaker. What are you studying?
[Reply]
kayaker 08:17 AM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by webjunkie:
Hey, Kayaker. What are you studying?
It a Masters of Phys. Ed. My study was on Sea Kayaking Guides.
[Reply]
webjunkie 08:20 AM 11-20-2008
Cool. Sounds more exciting than mine.

My study was on Sea Kayaking Guides.
How did I not see that coming?
[Reply]
kayaker 08:25 AM 11-20-2008
Cool. Sounds more exciting than mine.
What are you studying?

How did I not see that coming?
:-)
[Reply]
DavenportESQ 08:36 AM 11-20-2008
Sometimes I wonder if this whole grad school thing is worth it
[Reply]
icantbejon 08:41 AM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
I sure as hell hope so cause I'm almost done with mine. Two more classes to go! It can't end soon enough. Stupid me, I'm thinking of going for a second Masters or a Doctorate shortly after finishing this MBA. I need to stay out of school for a while and actually do some work.
[Reply]
webjunkie 08:47 AM 11-20-2008
What are you studying?
Currently working on a master's in Japanese, concentrating on medieval Japanese literature.

Actually, it's not so bad. Medieval lit is just stuffed full of blood, gore, and sex. It's like going to see and R (or NC-17) rated movie everyday.
[Reply]
MileHighGolfer 09:04 AM 11-20-2008
good luck everybody! its been a brutal semester for me.. i got short timers syndrome right now.. only 2 more classes next semester and im done with my BA! next, on to grad school for the mental olympics! :-)
[Reply]
kayaker 09:16 AM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
Stupid me, I'm thinking of going for a second Masters or a Doctorate shortly after finishing this MBA. I need to stay out of school for a while and actually do some work.
I hear ya. While avoiding working on my Masters, I became a welding apprentice so I could make some real bucks. I had originally wanted to go on to my PhD and teach at the University, but that's on hold for now. Welding pays good bucks, I like working with my hands and I like not having to take my job home with me in the evening.

Currently working on a master's in Japanese, concentrating on medieval Japanese literature.

Actually, it's not so bad. Medieval lit is just stuffed full of blood, gore, and sex. It's like going to see and R (or NC-17) rated movie everyday.
Cool stuff.
[Reply]
kayaker 09:18 AM 11-20-2008
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
Are you in school now?

It really depends on what you want to do and what you are interested in.

I have had the opportunity to learn and do some neat things because of my grad experience, even if I don't carry on to work directly in my field.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 10:04 AM 11-20-2008
Good luck guys, thank god I'm done with school and don't have to go through finals anymore
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up