Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Needless expense to some, already paid itself for me
Blueface 09:44 AM 04-26-2011
I recently did my third upgrade to my surveillance system for my home.
I spent $1,900 on the upgrade that included upgrading a couple of my nine cameras and a new DVR, with ability for remote access on my iPhone, iPad, or any computer for that matter.

I would have much preferred to have spent that money on other things. However, something told me to do this instead and my wife did not hesitate to agree to spend her bonus money this way.

Last week, while out of town, I decide to check on the house. To my shock, I find my 3.5 year old grandson, on a push scooter, chasing the two pit bulls around the pool. On one part of my pool, there is barely three feet of concrete width for the whole 32' length of the pool. Turns out my daughter was out like a log due to being up all night with the newborn. I called my dad who lives in the same community and within a few minutes, I saw him on the video taking my grandson in the house and locking any access to the patio/pool.

That being said, who thinks the $1,900 has been a waste? I sure as heck can't. It may have saved my grandson's life.

Moral: sometimes, the clear purpose is not as clear as one would think.

I got this to protect my home, where I truly don't need it as I live in a great neighborhood, in a great town. Never thought it would serve me as it did.
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 09:47 AM 04-26-2011
I think it was an excellent investment because it helped save your grandson's life
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 09:55 AM 04-26-2011
Great to hear a tragedy was avoided.

The surveillance system will also protect some of your prized shartwork too!! :-)
[Reply]
Average Joe 09:58 AM 04-26-2011
Sureveilance systems are always a great investment. Helps prevent bad from happening and helps catch those who are doing bad.

In this case, it did the more important of the two! Money well spent!
[Reply]
icehog3 10:06 AM 04-26-2011
Wow. Glad it all turned out so well, Brother.
[Reply]
shilala 10:27 AM 04-26-2011
I guess it's how you think of it. Did you really get it to protect your home, or to protect your family? We can all get another home, and more stuff.
I live in a super nice, brand new neighborhood on the far edge of town, and I've gotten my car robbed twice so far. Dumb kids, I figure.
My home surveillance is Smith and Wesson. I'm a very light sleeper, and I count on it.
I woke up from a dead sleep a few nights ago and got the gun because of a loud bang. I didn't find anything. Next morning it turned out that the peanut butter fell off the shelf in the pantry. So now I'm getting ribbed about doing a naked 9mm full out assault on a jar of peanut butter.
Way I figure, it beats waking up dead. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:48 AM 04-26-2011
Glad to hear that everything worked out OK Carlos!
[Reply]
68TriShield 12:32 PM 04-26-2011
Scary shat right there Carlos.
[Reply]
Bill86 12:39 PM 04-26-2011
Just like that it's paid itself off an infinite number of times over. Glad to hear you got the system when you did. That's pretty creepy though.....some things are definitely meant to be eh?
[Reply]
T.G 12:47 PM 04-26-2011
Great to hear that it worked out so much better than expected. :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 01:07 PM 04-26-2011
Looking back you think, glad I made that decision! :-)
Everything happens for a reason my friend.
[Reply]
MiamiE 01:16 PM 04-26-2011
Damn Carlos, well worth the money. Thank God for your Dad!
[Reply]
croatan 01:29 PM 04-26-2011
Hell of a bargain!
[Reply]
markem 01:56 PM 04-26-2011
I'd say that it was a bargain, Carlos.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 02:10 PM 04-26-2011
Wow looks like the investment got a solid if not unexpected return. Damn glad to hear your family remained safe.
[Reply]
poker 02:23 PM 04-26-2011
Great investment that paid for itself in an unforeseen way. Glad all is well.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:28 PM 04-26-2011
You'll be on a TV ad with that story. Good looking out!
[Reply]
Eleven 03:08 PM 04-26-2011
Originally Posted by Blueface:
However, something told me to do this instead and my wife did not hesitate to agree to spend her bonus money this way.
Divine Intervention.
[Reply]
TonySmith 04:07 PM 04-26-2011
Glad your grandson is okay.

Who's to say it's a "needless expense"? Spend your money as you wish :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 06:00 PM 04-26-2011
Now, just think of all the stuff you never saw prior to the new system!:-)

Seriously, Glad your family is safe, especially your grandson!
:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up