Springfield XD
Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm
Glock 17
[Reply]
loki 09:13 PM 04-17-2011
depends on what you want to do with it but all of them are fine guns
[Reply]
MiamiE 09:14 PM 04-17-2011
Those are some big boys. I live the S&W MP, but I would almost always go with the Glock. I hate the Springfield safety mechanism!
[Reply]
loki 09:15 PM 04-17-2011
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Those are some big boys. I live the S&W MP, but I would almost always go with the Glock. I hate the Springfield safety mechanism!
so you're anti-grip and trigger safety? can i ask why
[Reply]
emopunker2004 09:26 PM 04-17-2011
Glock all day
[Reply]
Remo 09:38 PM 04-17-2011
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
Glock all day
I used to say that until about 6 mos. ago when I was one of the test guinea pigs for the S&W M&P for our department, now with all things equal I love the M&P. I loved my glock because it went bang every time, clean, dirty, wet, dry it didn't matter the thing always worked.

Well I have put a few thousand rounds through my M&P and it functions every bit as good as the Glock, the big upside of the M&P is that it is just a sexy gun, the lines are alot better than the Glock and the interchangeable back strap is great (although the Glock Gen 4 has them now). The big thing is the angle of the grip, I was always fighting to find the front sight of my Glock but not with the M&P I pull up and my front sight is right in line with the rear no more canting the front sight down to get a good sight picture, the grip on the M&P is more like a 1911. anyways my .02
[Reply]
Negncic 09:43 PM 04-17-2011
I carry the M&P .40cal subcompact. Feels great. Shoots great. Great gun.
[Reply]
JE3146 09:50 PM 04-17-2011
Depends on your shooting stance. Test fire each (or at least hold and aim) before coming to a conclusion. It won't be much benefit to you to hear it from a bunch of people with different opinions. You've already settled on 3 great platforms.

Glock will obviously be the benchmark to beat, but neither the XD or the M&P are slouches.

As someone noted, the grip safety on the XD is a huge annoyance. One that would prevent me from owning it. Trigger safeties aren't that big of a deal imho.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 11:35 PM 04-17-2011
Say what you will about grip safeties but they do come in handy now and then. I.E. http://acidcow.com/pics/18523-worn-l...ccidental.html

I would say all three are comparable. Best shoot them and see which shoots and feels best to you. Dont forget to consider all the other things like holsters, spare mags and and sight changes you would want when looking into price.
[Reply]
Barcode 11:57 PM 04-17-2011
I have 2 XD's one 45 and one 40 and love them both. Have never had a problem with either one.
[Reply]
Bill86 12:10 AM 04-18-2011
I personally hate the glock frame more than life itself. They were not meant to be held by the human hand.

The best thing to do though is either shoot each of them or at least go to a gun shop and decided which fits your hands best.
[Reply]
Bunker 02:33 AM 04-18-2011
I am not a fan or any of the pin fired guns, I want to see a hammer and appreciate the old school mechanics involved.

But, if I had to chose one of your three it would be Glock (but I would go with the 19).
[Reply]
MiamiE 04:53 AM 04-18-2011
I grew up firing Glocks. It's what I know and love. Havent shot myself yet! I would go with a compact model as well. Glock 19. The G17 is a beast. Go with the G19 (9mm) or the G23 (.40).
[Reply]
Angus 05:02 AM 04-18-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I personally hate the glock frame more than life itself. They were not meant to be held by the human hand.
I agree...Personally, not a very comfortable grip. The S & W has three interchangeable grips you can choose from, if I'm not mistaken. I bought the S&W M&P .40 and I love it.
[Reply]
Eleven 06:06 AM 04-18-2011
This poll is invalid without the "All of the above" choice :-)
[Reply]
captain53 06:20 AM 04-18-2011
Depends on which one fits your hand and operates in a way that feels comfortable to you. Even though I am not an M&P fan they are all good quality but the one that fits me may not fit you so my preference does not matter.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 06:29 AM 04-18-2011
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0:
I used to say that until about 6 mos. ago when I was one of the test guinea pigs for the S&W M&P for our department, now with all things equal I love the M&P. I loved my glock because it went bang every time, clean, dirty, wet, dry it didn't matter the thing always worked.

Well I have put a few thousand rounds through my M&P and it functions every bit as good as the Glock, the big upside of the M&P is that it is just a sexy gun, the lines are alot better than the Glock and the interchangeable back strap is great (although the Glock Gen 4 has them now). The big thing is the angle of the grip, I was always fighting to find the front sight of my Glock but not with the M&P I pull up and my front sight is right in line with the rear no more canting the front sight down to get a good sight picture, the grip on the M&P is more like a 1911. anyways my .02
Had an m&p, prefer the glock
[Reply]
emopunker2004 06:31 AM 04-18-2011
Originally Posted by Angus:
I agree...Personally, not a very comfortable grip. The S & W has three interchangeable grips you can choose from, if I'm not mistaken. I bought the S&W M&P .40 and I love it.
Gen 4 glocks have the interchangeable grips
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:57 AM 04-18-2011
I love my Glock's. I will say though, that I have a S&W M&P 9mm and it is phenomenal. Just as good as my Glock.

Rent both at a local range and see which one suits you better :-)
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 07:15 AM 04-18-2011
I was issued the Glock almost 12 years ago and then, I thought this was one of the better semi-auto's out there.....BUT, we Detroit Police Dept, changed over to the S&W MP40 and I love it. I have shot expert with the Glock since I was issued it back in 1997, usually scoring no less than 237 out of 250.

Since changing to the M&P, my highest score was 249 out of 250. I love the interchangable hand grips and my groups are more consistence.

I vote for the S&W MP all day. Just my :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up