Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>not doing my research bit me in the butt
loki 09:22 PM 04-03-2011
i got a new phone today and without doing as much research as i should have I ended up with the iphone 3gs. well after fighting with it all day i've had enough of it. I'm going back to blackberry, I can't stand this toy with a phone built into it. can't change this, can't change that, can't get service, can't find a wifi connection that i know is there. screw this :-)

just needed to vent carry on with your night

edit: forgot it won't push email!
[Reply]
Silound 09:26 PM 04-03-2011
May I suggest Android based phones? I've yet to find any reason to dislike mine.
[Reply]
loki 09:27 PM 04-03-2011
i like the android os
i don't like the android hardwear
[Reply]
forgop 09:30 PM 04-03-2011
I thought the 3G was a good phone...I upgraded to the 4, but it's still nice. Obviously missing video (3G) and high quality pics. What were you expecting it to do that it couldn't do?
[Reply]
Zeuceone 09:39 PM 04-03-2011
To many people jump on the hype of those phones.
[Reply]
loki 09:45 PM 04-03-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
I thought the 3G was a good phone...I upgraded to the 4, but it's still nice. Obviously missing video (3G) and high quality pics. What were you expecting it to do that it couldn't do?
works as a phone, not a toy that someone shoe horned a phone into as an after thought. this thing would be awesome as an ipod touch. as a phone, it just feels like someone showed up on a tuesday and went...yeah that's good...lets go get a beer
[Reply]
av8tor152d 09:47 PM 04-03-2011
Being a previous BB owner now IPhone user, it took some getting used to but I prefer my IPhone over the BB for sure. Then again its not for everyone.
[Reply]
loki 09:49 PM 04-03-2011
Originally Posted by av8tor152d:
Being a previous BB owner now IPhone user, it took some getting used to but I prefer my IPhone over the BB for sure. Then again its not for everyone.
i want to like it, i really really do...i just can't
[Reply]
forgop 09:53 PM 04-03-2011
Originally Posted by loki:
i want to like it, i really really do...i just can't
Kinda sums up my experience trying out a MacBook.
[Reply]
loki 09:53 PM 04-03-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
Kinda sums up my experience trying out a MacBook.
i love my macbook, and my wifes mbp
[Reply]
forgop 09:56 PM 04-03-2011
Originally Posted by loki:
i love my macbook, and my wifes mbp
Hated it...sold mine after using it one semester...sold a 4 year old 13" MacBook for what I paid ($400) and bought a new/refurbished Dell for less than $50 more. This thing is twice the computer than the MacBook.
[Reply]
Bill86 10:20 PM 04-03-2011
I hate Apple with a passion, I really do. Mac computers are beyond awful. But I have to hand it to them, I love the Iphone. It's pretty stupid simple and I have mine in an otterbox so it might be the first phone that makes it through 1 year without being FUBAR'd.
[Reply]
neoflex 10:29 PM 04-03-2011
I was a Blackberry guy but switched over to the Android Thunderbolt. So far I am loving it and the 4G LTE is blazingly fast. It was tough at first to no longer have the simplicity of the Blackberry but the Droid is far more capable in many other aspects that the learning curve is well worth it. For what it's worth I am a Mac guy through and through but the iPhone just never impressed me.
[Reply]
Humpdebump 11:47 PM 04-03-2011
I love my iPhone, but everyone has their prefrences
[Reply]
Coach Deg 04:20 AM 04-04-2011
Did you by a refurbished 3GS? I had the 3G now the 4 and I get reception where other ATT users do not. Maybe if it's refurb the just didn't fix right.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:01 AM 04-04-2011
This subject is no different than cigars.
Lots and lots to choose.
What one likes may not be what the other likes.
Glad there are so many choices.

Me? Love my iPhone4. Love my MacBook and will never own a PC again. Love my iPods. Love my Apple TV and Airport Extreme. Love my iPad2.
Well, I am just a "loving" guy I guess.
[Reply]
WhoDeySchenk 06:16 AM 04-04-2011
I've had the EVO 4G for a while now & have loved every minute of it. Android is the way to go.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 06:47 AM 04-04-2011
Sounds like a defective unit to me, I've had every iPhone since the 3G and haven't had any issues. As far as being able to "change" this or that, iOS does limit that, but usually a jailbreak can solve any of those issues. After using an iPhone for so long, I just don't like Android or RIM's OS. Every time I play with another phone, it makes me glad that I've stuck with the iPhone
[Reply]
newcigarz 06:52 AM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by Blueface:

Me? Love my iPhone4. Love my MacBook and will never own a PC again. Love my iPods. Love my Apple TV and Airport Extreme. Love my iPad2.
Well, I am just a "loving" guy I guess.

sums it up for me. I will never own a PC. My wife has a Toshiba laptop that she uses for work, and every time I have to do anything on it for her(update the software, fix connection problems, etc.) I want to pull my hair out.
[Reply]
loki 07:11 AM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by Coach Deg:
Did you by a refurbished 3GS? I had the 3G now the 4 and I get reception where other ATT users do not. Maybe if it's refurb the just didn't fix right.
not that i know of. I walked into the local att store went "my wife wants a blackberry i want the 3gs" and we went from there, no one said anything about referb. If I had wanted to spend $150 on a cell phone i'd have stuck with verizon...kinda wish i'd done that anyway...but i didn't want to spend $150 on a cell phone.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up