Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Nosotros - photography / review
jerseyjay 08:24 AM 03-22-2011
Additional comments / photography --> cigarphoto.net

Originally Posted by :
I smoked my last Nosotros this past weekend and I can report that cigar definitely benefited from extra aging. In construction department, cigar had a well applied Nicaraguan Corojo wrapper with few dark running veins. If you enjoy looking at dark oily wrappers, Nosotros is an extreme opposite. I can probably go to Home Depot, buy an ultra fine sandpaper and you wouldn’t know the difference – it is that ‘sandy’ to touch. Burn has improved, drastically. With my very first sample, I recall sitting there for 1.5hr with a cigar in my left hand / a lighter in my right hand and performing a touch-up procedure for equal amount of time – it was annoying. Although the burn was far from being razor sharp, I only touched it up twice. Flavors – I can’t slice this cigar into 3s since there is definitely not enough complexity. Normal puffs and retrohale presented enjoyable spice on the lips, tongue and a small amount in the back of the throat. If you enjoy ‘wood’ in your taste, there is an abundance of it in Nosotros. I was able to pick up small amount of chocolate / coffee / cocoa. The amount of smoke on the 2nd/3rd puff was out of control. Photographing the nub and ensuring that I get sufficient amount of smoke was a piece of ‘cake.’ In conclusion, one would ask “Is Nosotros Worth The Box ?” Probably not. “Few singles ?” Yes. My expectation is extremely high when it comes to Dion’s Illusione brand and Jonathan’s Liga Privada brand. I hope they continue to innovate and continue to meet my expectation. Who knows, maybe some day we will see Nosotros Take 2.

[Reply]
md4958 08:46 AM 03-22-2011
beautiful pics, but the last one with the curling smoke is awesome!
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 09:28 AM 03-22-2011
Beautiful photo's !!!!
[Reply]
smelly4tay 09:40 AM 03-22-2011
great review and photos!
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 10:16 AM 03-22-2011
That last-1 kicks A$$... Real Nice... :-)
[Reply]
CRIMPS 11:12 AM 03-22-2011
Great photos! Love the curling smoke!
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 12:01 PM 03-22-2011
Nice pics. I didn't care for the 3 or 4 sticks that I smoked from this brand, but that's what makes this hobby interesting!
[Reply]
bonjing 01:16 PM 03-22-2011
The last picture is very nice, any chance of getting a larger copy to set as a background picture?
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 04:26 PM 03-22-2011
That is one of the coolest looking cigar picture, the last one that is.
[Reply]
Bill86 05:35 PM 03-22-2011
Very awesome pictures! :-)

I really wish I could say I enjoyed the Nosotros as much as the pictures of it. Oh well.
[Reply]
GAW 06:22 PM 03-22-2011
"I hope they continue to innovate and continue to meet my expectation. Who knows, maybe some day we will see Nosotros Take 2."

Dion and Drew have dissolved their business relationship - there will not be any future collaborative efforts. Announced publicly a few months ago.
[Reply]
jerseyjay 08:35 PM 03-22-2011
Thank you all for great feedback. Much appreciated. If you are interested, check out the blog to see 5 other photographs from this series. 'The Curl' is indeed my favorite photograph from this series.

Originally Posted by bonjing:
The last picture is very nice, any chance of getting a larger copy to set as a background picture?
Sure ! Send me PM with your email / resolution.

Originally Posted by GAW:
Dion and Drew have dissolved their business relationship - there will not be any future collaborative efforts. Announced publicly a few months ago.
I'm aware of the announcement and referenced it on the blog as well. How do you know that there will be no collaboration in the future ? Who knows what will happen in 5 / 10 / x years ?
[Reply]
68TriShield 04:39 AM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by Lucky_Hippo:
Nice pics. I didn't care for the 3 or 4 sticks that I smoked from this brand, but that's what makes this hobby interesting!
I was underwhelmed by this 12 dollar cigar too.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 08:57 AM 01-01-2012
Smoked one of these for New Years Eve and was very satisfied with it. Having smoked the cg4, 88, hl, hl maddy, and 888 from the Illusione line up I can say that the Nosotros was definately a change of pace and nothing like the others I have smoked. I enjoyed the smoke very much and was happy to have experienced a piece of history in the Illusione line up. I would love to see this line continue one day and have a round 2 but only time will tell...
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:14 AM 01-01-2012
Sweet photos!!!:-)
[Reply]
jerseyjay 09:59 PM 01-01-2012
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
I would love to see this line continue one day and have a round 2 but only time will tell...
Ditto !

Which vitola did you smoke ?
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 04:53 AM 01-02-2012
Originally Posted by jerseyjay:
Ditto !

Which vitola did you smoke ?
I smoked the toro 6x52.
[Reply]
Shawn hines 08:50 AM 01-02-2012
Wow, very nice photos. I just liked you on facebook and saved your blog to my favorites.
[Reply]
UpInSmoke 09:07 AM 01-02-2012
when you get one that doesn't have burn issues it is a fantastic smoke.
and as usual, awsome photos jay. nice to see you here.
[Reply]
jerseyjay 06:48 AM 01-04-2012
Thanks guys !

Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
I smoked the toro 6x52.
I have tried few different sizes but don't think I have had a toro.

Originally Posted by Shawn hines:
Wow, very nice photos. I just liked you on facebook and saved your blog to my favorites.
Thanks ! Enjoy !
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up