Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Connecticut Fans! What are your favorites/best?
RRocket 06:19 PM 02-24-2011
Recently, I've started to enjoy (a lot, actually) Connecticut cigars. Don't get me wrong...I still reach for a robust Maduro after a rich meal, or with a cup of strong coffee. And when I want something to knock my socks off, I'll reach for a Cuban. But recently, I find myself really enjoying some Connecticut wrapper cigars.

I've recently sampled a couple, and rather enjoy the Oliva Connecticut Reserve.

What are some of your favorites, or what you believe to be the best in this genre? I'm looking for some more to try, and would appreciate any suggestions or mini reviews.
[Reply]
BTcigars 07:39 PM 02-24-2011
I know what you mean about enjoying Connecticuts again. I really like the Oliva but it is a classic Connecticut because at the end it becomes way to bitter. I found the Arganese Connecticut to be a great cigar. The blend is flavorful and satisfying and it is very much a nubable cigar.
[Reply]
RRocket 07:46 PM 02-24-2011
^^Hmmm. I haven't found the taste to become bitter, and I've smoked them right down to a nub.
[Reply]
G G 07:51 PM 02-24-2011
I just can't get into connies. don't have enough oomph for me. I have also smoked some CCs and don't get any strength out of them either.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:34 PM 02-24-2011
I also like the Oliva Conn., the RP Connies are not bad either. The Cabaiguan is also a Connecticut wrapped vitola and is marvelous.
[Reply]
neoflex 08:40 PM 02-24-2011
Best Connie I have had to date has to be the San Lotano Connecticut but than again this is not your Grandfathers Connecticut. They are spice bombs and a full bodied smoke through and through. If your looking for the typical mild Connie I would have to say the Perdomo Champagne and Casa Toranos are the best IMHO.
[Reply]
RRocket 08:40 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by ggainey:
I just can't get into connies. don't have enough oomph for me. I have also smoked some CCs and don't get any strength out of them either.

Must be smoking the wrong ones.....:-)
[Reply]
quantim0 09:31 PM 02-24-2011
Ashton Cabinet belicoso and Ashton classic are two of favorites. The Berger and Argenti mooch is also a good smoke that isn't $8-10 like the other 2
[Reply]
enlightenedcigar 09:41 PM 02-24-2011
CAO Gold Vintage, Ashton Classic, 601 Connecticut(for a different conn profile)
[Reply]
pinotguy 09:45 PM 02-24-2011
+1 on Cabaiguan. I also enjoy the OR Tabacos Baez and the Old Henry Golds.

I see that Ernesto Carrillo has a new line out that uses CT. (Might have to look into these.)
[Reply]
RRocket 09:54 PM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by quantim0:
Ashton Cabinet belicoso and Ashton classic are two of favorites. The Berger and Argenti mooch is also a good smoke that isn't $8-10 like the other 2

Ah yes, I've had the 8-9-8. Would love to try the Cabinet Belicoso!
[Reply]
GHC_Hambone 11:10 PM 02-24-2011
Montecristo White, Ashton Classic, 5 Vegas Gold, and RyJ Reserva Real are some of my favorites. Davidoffs are also good but pricey.
[Reply]
lbowles2 06:17 AM 02-25-2011
+1 for the Perdomo Champaigne. I also really like the Oliva and Camacho connecticuts.
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:27 AM 02-25-2011
Georges Reserve from Famous
RP ITC 10th Anniversary
601 Connecticut

None of these are what I would describe as mild cigars.
[Reply]
JJG 06:37 AM 02-25-2011
I think my favorite is the 601 black line, but AVO XOs are also really good, just a tad more mild than the 601s.
[Reply]
thecatch83 06:40 AM 02-25-2011
Originally Posted by ggainey:
I definitely lean towards the dark side, but I really enjoy a nice CC pepper stick occasionally when I find them over here in Japan, or on deployment in Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong etc.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:48 AM 02-25-2011
Originally Posted by JJG:
I think my favorite is the 601 black line, but AVO XOs are also really good, just a tad more mild than the 601s.
AVO XOs are a great smoke. Yes they are fairly mild, but mild with excellent flavors - to be sipped contemplatively and enjoyed. :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 07:02 AM 02-25-2011
RP Edge Lite are not mild.
RP American Market Select is a great conn.
[Reply]
scoot 07:04 AM 02-25-2011
The 601 black is the best connecticut cigar I've smoked. Get some while their still around. The Olivas are good. Cabaiguans are also quite good.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
OHRD 07:27 AM 02-25-2011
I smoke Connecticuts probably 75% of the time (or more). Here are my favorites:

- Nub Connecticut
- Oliva Connecticut Reserve
- Camacho Connecticut
- Angelenos
- Davidoff Thousand Series
- Tesa Cigar Company
- CAO Gold and Gold Vintage
- 5 Vegas Gold