Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Would you pay your neighbors to smoke in your home?
jonumberone 06:02 PM 02-23-2011
Didn't think this should be in legislation and wasn't sure where to put it.
Mods please move where you see fit.

Man has to pay $2000 to neighbors every time he smokes in his own apartment!!

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...KyxEPzWBKxT9yL
[Reply]
E.J. 06:09 PM 02-23-2011
I'd pay any of my neighbors $5 a cigar, if one of them would let me come smoke in their house Mid October to Mid March....:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:54 PM 02-23-2011
Apartment living is tough and I can see how ventilation issues can cause problems. It's not worth $2K to me to be able to smoke, but then I don't live in an apartment and I can always go to the Shilo for < $15 a night...
[Reply]
icehog3 07:16 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by :
Would you pay your neighbors to smoke in your home?
They would have to pay me to smoke in my home, why would I pay them to smoke in my home? And they can only smoke cigars or pipes in my home, they would have to pay me big bucks to have a cigarette.
[Reply]
Neens 09:37 PM 02-23-2011
This to me seems a bit out there. Whats to stop someone from doing the same thing if their houses are very close togeather. Some houses around here are less than 3 feet apart, if your smoking outside that close theres a good chance they are going to smell it.
[Reply]
thecatch83 10:36 PM 02-23-2011
If I lived in an apartment, with horrible ventilation I wouldn't smoke inside. I can only imagine the stench lingering in that place......go outside, find a cigar shop/lounge and move on with your life!
[Reply]
loki 11:18 PM 02-23-2011
assuming I don't have a clause in my lease that says i can't smoke inside my neighbors can kiss the fastest part of my ass
[Reply]
Bax 01:39 AM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by loki:
assuming I don't have a clause in my lease that says i can't smoke inside my neighbors can kiss the fastest part of my ass
I hear it's pretty fast, too. :-)
[Reply]
thecatch83 01:43 AM 02-24-2011
that's fast...
[Reply]
hscmit 07:15 AM 02-24-2011
ridiculous
f*cking lawyers
[Reply]
Christiel49 07:20 AM 02-24-2011
:-)

Originally Posted by thecatch83:
If I lived in an apartment, with horrible ventilation I wouldn't smoke inside. I can only imagine the stench lingering in that place......go outside, find a cigar shop/lounge and move on with your life!

[Reply]
maninblack 07:22 AM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by hscmit:
ridiculous
f*cking lawyers
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:25 AM 02-24-2011
He got off cheap!!! Two million dollar lawsuit!!! Yikes!!!

If he does smoke, I hope it's something worth $2,000!!!
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 07:28 AM 02-24-2011
That's ridiculous...but like the story says, the original fine could have been much worse. This guy must be doing ok if he can afford 2 grand a smoke. :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 07:31 AM 02-24-2011
he said he will not smoke in his apartment again

so I dont know that he can
[Reply]
Kreth 07:38 AM 02-24-2011
The real question is: would my neighbors be happy with $2000 in pennies, rectally deposited, with the still-lit nub of that expensive cigar leading the way? :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
cmitch 10:08 AM 02-24-2011
All civil liberties that we give up are under the guise of preserving the rights of another. While I acknowledge that smoking in public places such as parks and restaurants is troublesome to others (i.e. where there are those who don't appreciate having to inhale my exhale), restricting ones rights in their own home where they are not encroaching on another is just wrong. Tobacco laws are just the first test. Next thing you know, we WILL be taxed on every hamburger and french fry we buy in order to 'fund' health programs set up by the 'government' to further regulate our lives.
[Reply]
loki 11:38 AM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by Bax:
I hear it's pretty fast, too. :-)
depends on what i ate that day :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:51 AM 02-24-2011
I can't imagine that anyone can do anything to me if I smoke on my own property; and I do. I have a neighbor down the hall who keeps propping the fire doors open and has been heard to complain about the smell of smoke, but she hasn't said one word to me. There's not a damned thing she can do about it because there is zero reference to smoking in the master condo docs. BTW, the wife keeps taking the door wedges because propping the fire doors open is a violation of fire code. :-)
[Reply]
J0eybb 11:55 AM 02-24-2011
Theres a local shop here, and if I remeber correctly, that has to pay for the ventalation maintenance if they get a complaint from a neighbor.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up