Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Texas Cigar Festival 2011
enlightenedcigar 10:00 PM 02-18-2011
Who else is going? We are taking a party bus from Lubbock so we can smoke and have a cocktail on the way down there. Hope some of you guys will be there so we can all meet up and enjoy a cigar and stories!:-)
[Reply]
BSB 10:39 AM 02-19-2011
When and where?
[Reply]
kydsid 10:46 AM 02-19-2011
April 16th at Serious in Houston is what he is on about.

http://www.seriouscigars.com/

I have been to a lot of trade shows and large coporate herfs and last years was by far one of the best.

It's in my back yard this year so I am definitely in. Maybe we can park that party bus in the parking lot for an after hours CA herf? :-)
[Reply]
enlightenedcigar 12:04 PM 02-19-2011
kydsid, you got it man! You can finally get to know all of the Lubbock crew haha.
[Reply]
kydsid 12:37 PM 02-19-2011
Originally Posted by enlightenedcigar:
kydsid, you got it man! You can finally get to know all of the Lubbock crew haha.
With home field advantage, no problem. :-)
[Reply]
Beagleone 12:40 PM 02-19-2011
That is the weekend of my wife's bday. Still debating on plans, but this is an option. Ron does really goo parties. From everything I heard of from last year's event, this is something to definitely to consider attending.
[Reply]
pnoon 01:07 PM 02-19-2011
Originally Posted by Beagleone:
That is the weekend of my wife's bday. Still debating on plans, but this is an option. Ron does really goo parties. From everything I heard of from last year's event, this is something to definitely to consider attending.
Goo parties?

I don't think I wanna know. :-)
[Reply]
JJG 06:15 PM 02-19-2011
I live in Houston and frequently make the trip out to Serious Cigars. It really is one of the best shops in Houston, but I have yet to go to the Texas Cigar Fest. Personally, it's not worth the $100 ticket just to meet and take pictures with Rocky, Don Pepin, Pete Johnson and the rest of the industry all-stars. Rather than include food, booze, and shwag in the ticket price, I would prefer to pay $10 and buy my own food and drinks. From the pictures I've seen though, it looks like an awesome party.
[Reply]
enlightenedcigar 07:32 PM 02-19-2011
So... what you are saying is we will see you there then Jeff? haha
[Reply]
kydsid 11:22 AM 02-20-2011
Originally Posted by JJG:
I live in Houston and frequently make the trip out to Serious Cigars. It really is one of the best shops in Houston, but I have yet to go to the Texas Cigar Fest. Personally, it's not worth the $100 ticket just to meet and take pictures with Rocky, Don Pepin, Pete Johnson and the rest of the industry all-stars. Rather than include food, booze, and shwag in the ticket price, I would prefer to pay $10 and buy my own food and drinks. From the pictures I've seen though, it looks like an awesome party.

What you are missing is that for your $100 you get 20 cigars that all retail for $5 or more AND all the food and booze.

Last year there were 2 new releases we got before anyone else. And several smokes that were out but htf in Texas. Now if they didn't do that I could agree with your sentiment. :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 11:23 AM 02-20-2011
Originally Posted by JJG:

What you are missing is that for your $100 you get 20 cigars that all retail for $5 or more AND all the food and booze.

Last year there were 2 new releases we got before anyone else. And several smokes that were out but htf in Texas. Now if they didn't do that I could agree with your sentiment. :-)

You know on second thought. Tickets are limited. You are right its a waste of money. :-)
[Reply]
Tyler 01:01 PM 02-20-2011
Dang, I am originally from Dallas but at school here in Arkansas. If I was going to be in town I would totally be in to meet you guys down there. Hopefully I can make it some other time, though my girlfriend hates cigars so I doubt I could sneak away for a cigar event haha.
[Reply]
kydsid 02:13 PM 02-20-2011
Originally Posted by Wallbright:
Dang, I am originally from Dallas but at school here in Arkansas. If I was going to be in town I would totally be in to meet you guys down there. Hopefully I can make it some other time, though my girlfriend hates cigars so I doubt I could sneak away for a cigar event haha.
It's only 500 or so miles. That is nothin for a college kid.
[Reply]
whodeeni 02:41 PM 02-20-2011
Originally Posted by kydsid:
It's only 500 or so miles. That is nothin for a college kid.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
enlightenedcigar 04:19 PM 02-21-2011
Wallbright you should make the trip. It's 520 miles from Lubbock! Lol
[Reply]
JJG 06:31 PM 02-21-2011
Originally Posted by kydsid:

Hmmm, well when you consider all the cigars, it does seem like a pretty good deal. If I do decide to go, I will defintely try and get in contact and meet up with the Asylum crew.
[Reply]
enlightenedcigar 10:24 AM 04-02-2011
Two weeks people!!!
[Reply]
qsalinas 12:49 PM 04-02-2011
I'll be there count me in!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone and smoking in the PARTY BUS!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
vzontini 09:39 PM 04-02-2011
I'll be there will quite a few of the Houston regulars including my friends Tim and Teresa aka SmokingHotCigarChick. Teresa will be easy to spot, the rest of us not so much. Do we need a Cigar Asylum secret handshake? LOL

PS: If you go to her website you can see the first couple videos of the trip several of us went on to Drew Estates in Esteli Nicaragua. It was a blast!
[Reply]
enlightenedcigar 11:04 PM 04-05-2011
Handshake? hahaha. Maybe we should all wear the same color? haha. I am excited to meet all you guys.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up