Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Opinions requested
Jhooker 04:41 PM 01-18-2011
Hey everyone, I guess this would be kind of a reintroduction of sorts. I just recently joined ca, and enjoy reading the threads and learning about this hobby. But I'm very new to it. When I say new, I mean I just borrowed a humi this past weekend from my father in law, so that the cigars I purchased from cigar bid wouldn't go stale on me:-) And I sure appreciate that mr Gainey! The question I have is. What would be an inexpensive cutter and lighter? (what brand?) I just cant afford a $200 lighter :-) I value your opinions, and look forward to your comments.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:45 PM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by Jhooker:
Hey everyone, I guess this would be kind of a reintroduction of sorts. I just recently joined ca, and enjoy reading the threads and learning about this hobby. But I'm very new to it. When I say new, I mean I just borrowed a humi this past weekend from my father in law, so that the cigars I purchased from cigar bid wouldn't go stale on me:-) And I sure appreciate that mr Gainey! The question I have is. What would be an inexpensive cutter and lighter? (what brand?) I just cant afford a $200 lighter :-) I value your opinions, and look forward to your comments.
Welcome, Jason!:-) Send Me Your Addy & I'll Send You Both Lighter & Cutter!:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 04:47 PM 01-18-2011
Ronson Jet Lite is a great cheap lighter you may be able to find at WalMart, Walgreens, RiteAid. For a cutter get a Palio or Xikar. Not cheap, but you'll never need to buy another one.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Mr B 04:48 PM 01-18-2011
Well played Greg!
[Reply]
hscmit 04:59 PM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by longknocker:
good deed for the day done

nice work greg
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:06 PM 01-18-2011
Way to go Greg!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Jhooker 05:07 PM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Ronson Jet Lite is a great cheap lighter you may be able to find at WalMart, Walgreens, RiteAid. For a cutter get a Palio or Xikar. Not cheap, but you'll never need to buy another one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the info jeff
[Reply]
Jhooker 05:26 PM 01-18-2011
Thank you Greg! I pm the address.:-)
[Reply]
joeobx 05:34 PM 01-18-2011
Nice Greg. And I'm sure you'll JUST send a lighter and cutter.:-):-)
[Reply]
longknocker 05:39 PM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by joeobx:
Nice Greg. And I'm sure you'll JUST send a lighter and cutter.:-):-)
What Else Would I Send?:-):-)
[Reply]
mpd340 06:03 PM 01-18-2011
Nice Play Greg!
[Reply]
G G 06:05 PM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by Jhooker:
Thank you Greg! I pm the address.:-)
I thought I had taught you better than to be a sucker, but alas it isn't to be.:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 06:07 PM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by ggainey:
I thought I had taught you better than to be a sucker, but alas it isn't to be.:-)
:-):-) I'll "Be Gentle", Greg!:-)
[Reply]
Devanmc 06:10 PM 01-18-2011
he is still a NOOB he has much to learn
[Reply]
G G 06:12 PM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by Devanmc:
he is still a NOOB he has much to learn
That's funny, we now have noobs calling noobs noobs.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 06:13 PM 01-18-2011
That's funny, we now have noobs calling noobs noobs.:-)
Better than noobs calling noobs boobs, or boobs calling boobs noobs.
[Reply]
G G 06:14 PM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Better than noobs calling noobs boobs, or boobs calling boobs noobs.
point taken.:-)
[Reply]
Tyler 06:16 PM 01-18-2011
I just use one of the $1 cigar cutters from my local B&M or the $4 two blade kind. For a lighter I use the butane torch ones they give for free when you buy a box. I think they are like $2 when you buy them. I, like you, can't afford to pay for the high end cigar cutters/lighters so I make do with what I have. I think I will save up and buy a nice one someday but being in college I can't justify spending my grocery money on lighters, cutters AND cigars. I will just stick to spending it on cigars for now. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Devanmc 06:16 PM 01-18-2011
hey im better off then when i first got here and got like 3 bombs the first week!
[Reply]
captain53 06:35 PM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by longknocker:
:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up