Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Good Quality Quick Smoke
Stephen 12:06 PM 01-17-2011
Any recommendations for a quality smoke that takes < 20 minutes? Living in the Midwest where the winters can be quite cold, which doesn't make for a pleasant environment for enjoying a nice cigar. I purchased some La Aurora Principes which aren't too bad for what they are, just curious if I'm missing the boat on something out there. Any help would be most appreciated!
[Reply]
pektel 12:12 PM 01-17-2011
I like the CAO 4"x38 sticks. Some have a rather tight draw, but are still long-filler hand made sticks. CI has tins of 5 for 12.50. They take me 20-25 minutes. I really like them for out in the garage too.

Use URL www.cigarsintl.com/freesp8 for free shipping too. :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 12:13 PM 01-17-2011
Your question is a bit vague. Almost all hand rolled cigars available in the US are of good quality. As to what tastes good that would depend on what you personally like. Everyone has their own favorites. I would look for something small in the brands you like, most of the major brands have a small cigar in their lineup.

Of the NC's available, the JFuego Origen's in the 5-pack(5x44) and the Tatuaje Verocu #5(4x40) are quite tasty in the Med/Med Full range. :-)
[Reply]
floydpink 12:16 PM 01-17-2011
I'm a big fan of the Avo Domaine Puritos.

I smoke em on the way to work, on the way home, and while walking the dog.

Heck, I even smoke em on just about any occasion that only allows me 10-15 minutes.
[Reply]
neoflex 12:23 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Tatuaje Verocu #5(4x40) are quite tasty in the Med/Med Full range. :-)
:-)
Tatuaje Petit Cazadores, Pepin Black Perlas, Tampa Swetthearts 500 Maddies. That basically sums up the ones I prefer.
[Reply]
neoflex 12:24 PM 01-17-2011
Tatuaje Verocu #5(4x40) are quite tasty in the Med/Med Full range. :-)
:-)
Tatuaje Petit Cazadores, Pepin Black Perlas, Tampa Sweatheart 500 Maddies. That basically sums up the ones I prefer.
[Reply]
Stephen 12:28 PM 01-17-2011
Your question is a bit vague. Almost all hand rolled cigars available in the US are of good quality. As to what tastes good that would depend on what you personally like. Everyone has their own favorites. I would look for something small in the brands you like, most of the major brands have a small cigar in their lineup.

Of the NC's available, the JFuego Origen's in the 5-pack(5x44) and the Tatuaje Verocu #5(4x40) are quite tasty in the Med/Med Full range. :-)
That's just it, I really don't know what I like yet (silly noobs :-)). I found the Principes and they seem to be agreeable, just was wondering what else was out there that I could try. Thanks for all the suggestions!
[Reply]
hscmit 12:32 PM 01-17-2011
you must really like those john
[Reply]
timj219 12:43 PM 01-17-2011
I sometimes smoke the Nica Libre Principe for a short cold weather smoke too. The Oliva Serie G Special G takes closer to 40 minutes than 20 but it's just over $3 per so even if you have to toss it a little early it's not a crime. I love the Serie G in both wrappers.
[Reply]
Whynot 12:44 PM 01-17-2011
Cabaiguan Petite and DPG Blue Demitase are two of my favorites.
[Reply]
OLS 12:46 PM 01-17-2011
Not intentionally trying to promote me blog, but I reviewed these little Montecristo
Pronto Petites, which I sent out to the troops. Not bad at all, pretty satisfying for
an all-tobacco machine made minuto. You can find them pretty cheap in some
places, although tobacco sales rules ended up making these tins of tiny cigars way
more expensive than they used to be, counting each of the ten individually as a taxable cigar.

http://olscigars.blogspot.com/2010/1...oke-those.html

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?pa...ls_mxclp_11no1
[Reply]
pektel 01:01 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
Not intentionally trying to promote me blog, but I reviewed these little Montecristo
Pronto Petites, which I sent out to the troops. Not bad at all, pretty satisfying for
an all-tobacco machine made minuto. You can find them pretty cheap in some
places, although tobacco sales rules ended up making these tins of tiny cigars way
more expensive than they used to be, counting each of the ten individually as a taxable cigar.

http://olscigars.blogspot.com/2010/1...oke-those.html

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?pa...ls_mxclp_11no1
You smoke NC's?
[Reply]
OLS 01:17 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
You smoke NC's?
haha, look at the title of the blog post. I had 5 packs of ten, I was smoking one of em no matter what.
[Reply]
neoflex 01:22 PM 01-17-2011
Weird, how did that double post???? Can a mod please remove one? OK, back on topic.
[Reply]
Superbad 01:25 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by Stephen:
That's just it, I really don't know what I like yet (silly noobs :-)). I found the Principes and they seem to be agreeable, just was wondering what else was out there that I could try. Thanks for all the suggestions!
Might I suggest the Newbie Sampler Trade. You can let the CIA person know you are interested in quick smokes, they might just surprise you.
[Reply]
pektel 01:25 PM 01-17-2011
haha, look at the title of the blog post. I had 5 packs of ten, I was smoking one of em no matter what.
Just clicked the link. Supposed I should've done that before commenting lol.
[Reply]
Superbad 01:28 PM 01-17-2011
Pronto Petites, which I sent out to the troops.
Thanks for supporting the troops Brad!
[Reply]
Krish the Fish 01:35 PM 01-17-2011
Petit Cabaiguan, Petit Tatuajes, AF Short Story/Work of Art?
[Reply]
BTcigars 02:12 PM 01-17-2011
Im looking forward to the Los Blancos Nine when they come out in a 4x38 vitola and packaged 5 to a tin.
[Reply]
joeobx 02:22 PM 01-17-2011
I've the CAO petites, and just picked up a five pack of the Origens and the 1 I've had was pretty good. I keep RP maduro juniors for a quick smoke also. The RPs and origens can be had for about a buck a each so if you have to toss it your not out that much.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up