Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Going to NY, Any specific cigar spots I should know about?
TheFool 12:55 PM 01-16-2011
Hey, I'll be in New York next month for about a week. Are there any specific cigar shops or spots I should know about?
[Reply]
DBall 01:34 PM 01-16-2011
Originally Posted by TheFool:
Hey, I'll be in New York next month for about a week. Are there any specific cigar shops or spots I should know about?
Define NY... :-)
[Reply]
Domer 06:11 PM 01-16-2011
If you are going to NYC I would definitely recommend checking out the Davidoff store and Barclay Rex (I went to the one on Lexington Ave I believe). I visited both last time I was there and picked up some sticks. They had a lot of cigars I don't have access to on a regular basis, but as with everything else in NYC be prepared to spend a bit more.

Have fun.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 06:12 PM 01-16-2011
Where in NY? Be prepared to spend a lot of cash for primo smokes.
[Reply]
TheFool 06:42 PM 01-16-2011
Originally Posted by DBall:
Define NY... :-)
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
Where in NY? Be prepared to spend a lot of cash for primo smokes.
Sorry guess i should have clarified. I'm going to the big city.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:01 PM 01-16-2011
Originally Posted by TheFool:
Sorry guess i should have clarified. I'm going to the big city.
Albany? :-) :-)
[Reply]
TheFool 10:54 PM 01-16-2011
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Albany? :-) :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 10:08 AM 01-17-2011
Take a ride to the Jersey side and save yourself a lot of cash!:-)
[Reply]
floydpink 11:19 AM 01-17-2011
I'm headed up there myself and definitely plan on bringing my own.

I'm more worried about finding spots to enjoy my cigars as I've been hearing the laws are really bad up there.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 11:23 AM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Take a ride to the Jersey side and save yourself a lot of cash!:-)
Any place to smoke in the Fort Lee/North Bergen corridor?
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 12:48 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
There is a great little shop in Ridgewood that has a lounge. Little bit of a drive from Fort Lee but it is Bergen County and its well worth the trip :-)

As for the city, as others said, Davidoff on Madison, Barclay Rex, De La Concha, Nat Shermans, Club Mac is a nice lunge.
[Reply]
Chingas 01:21 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
JR has a nice lounge and a huge store. Nothing unusual or rare but big nonetheless. North Jersey for sure. I believe Rt 17.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 05:15 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by Chingas:
JR has a nice lounge and a huge store. Nothing unusual or rare but big nonetheless. North Jersey for sure. I believe Rt 17.
The JRs on 17 shut down the lounge. Quite a few of us frequent the JRs on 10 in Whippany as it still does have a big lounge. And a bar :-)
[Reply]
MiamiE 05:21 PM 01-17-2011
Check out Merchants East off of 1st Ave and 61 St. Great lounge and no cutting fee!
[Reply]
staminator 06:07 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Check out Merchants East off of 1st Ave and 61 St. Great lounge and no cutting fee!
Cutting fee? I have never heard of this....
[Reply]
MiamiE 06:54 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by staminator:
Cutting fee? I have never heard of this....
Apparently some establishments in NYC have a cutting fee if you bring your own cigars.
[Reply]
floydpink 07:08 PM 01-17-2011
Last time I was up in NYC was a quick visit and I went to see a concert at MSG.

The concierge turned me onto a bar called Macanudo Lounge and it was close to Central Park around 63rd St.

Although I wouldn't make it a destination, it served the purpose of a warm place to have a cigar and a drink before the show.

I remember feeling quite underdressed in this establishment as I was headed to a rock concert and the rest of the bar seemed to be heading home from Wall Street.

I'm going for a week in May and will certainly be looking a little harder for something a little more casual, like a rooftop.
[Reply]
DBall 07:44 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
I really like Merchants East... Florio's is also great... amazing food and a smoking area upstairs.
[Reply]
jitzy 07:49 PM 01-17-2011
I believe Florios doesn't allow smoking upstairs anymore but 2 of the best places in NY to smoke are The Cigar Inn east 70 and 1st and also on I believe east 52nd and second. Gus and Billy the owners forgot more about cigars than alot of us will ever know. There stock is second to none and the people in there are always respectful.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 08:34 PM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
There is a great little shop in Ridgewood that has a lounge. Little bit of a drive from Fort Lee but it is Bergen County and its well worth the trip :-)

As for the city, as others said, Davidoff on Madison, Barclay Rex, De La Concha, Nat Shermans, Club Mac is a nice lunge.
My daughter was born in Ridgewood Hospital, we used to live in Woodcliff Lake. I'll actually be spending lots of time in Mahwah office so Ridgewood is easily doable.

Addy for the place in Ridgewood?

TIA.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up