Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Vudu
neoflex 08:04 PM 01-11-2011
Anyone try this stick yet? I'm not a big fan of Rocky these days but for some reason this stick intrigues me. Maybe it's just the aesthetics that attract me. A nice oily sheen with an evil looking solid black band.:-) Would like to here some feedback on this one from those who have tried it. The price point does not seem to bad but the Rocky factor makes me wonder if it's any good.(No offense to the RP fans on the board)
[Reply]
EricF 09:31 PM 01-11-2011
I was gifted one and I gotta tell ya it really wasn't that bad considering it is a RP. I believe this and the Next Generation are a new blend and they both have pretty good flavor.
[Reply]
Kreth 09:34 PM 01-11-2011
I realize that cigar catalog pics are about as natural as the food shots in a BK commercial, but it *is* sexy looking... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:50 PM 01-11-2011
Whats the price on them?
[Reply]
cort 10:15 PM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I realize that cigar catalog pics are about as natural as the food shots in a BK commercial, but it *is* sexy looking... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
:-):-)
[Reply]
neoflex 10:39 PM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Whats the price on them?
Box prices are between 80-88 for boxes of 20.
[Reply]
bigliver 01:50 AM 01-12-2011
If I'm not mistaken, these are blended by Amiclar Castro who also did the blending on the Brothers Next Generation.
[Reply]
Dunkel 02:26 AM 01-12-2011
I've smoked both the Vudu and PB Next Generation and they are both very good IMHO. They are both blended by A. Castro as Jason mentioned. I bought an assortment of newer RP's from Famous awhile back that had 3 each of 1961, Vudu, PB Next Generation and Famous Signature Rocky Patel Robustos for $19.99. I've smoked 1 of each except for the 1961 and the Signature was probably the best. I liked all 3 of them very much.
[Reply]
dannysguitar 11:01 AM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
I've smoked both the Vudu and PB Next Generation and they are both very good IMHO. They are both blended by A. Castro as Jason mentioned. I bought an assortment of newer RP's from Famous awhile back that had 3 each of 1961, Vudu, PB Next Generation and Famous Signature Rocky Patel Robustos for $19.99. I've smoked 1 of each except for the 1961 and the Signature was probably the best. I liked all 3 of them very much.
:-) I bought the same sampler and was very happy with my purchase, so happy in fact that I went and bought another. The signature was the best IMO as well. This sampler is on the Monster today and you can grab 1 for $20 with free shipping when the mash up comes along...
[Reply]
JJG 11:31 AM 01-12-2011
I'm kind of on the fence in regards to RP right now. Until a week ago, I had always just ignored them, but last week I was gifted a 1961 for my birthday and found it to be surprisingly good. As a result, I went back a few days later and picked up a Decade Lonsdale. In my opinion it was exceptionally boring a flavorless.

I guess I would be willing to try another Patel if it tasted closer to '61. sorry for getting away from the original thread topic.
[Reply]
neoflex 01:03 PM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by dannysguitar:
:-) I bought the same sampler and was very happy with my purchase, so happy in fact that I went and bought another. The signature was the best IMO as well. This sampler is on the Monster today and you can grab 1 for $20 with free shipping when the mash up comes along...
Thanks for the heads up. Like I said earlier I'm not much of an RP guy but for 20 beans I may need to grab that sampler at 11.
[Reply]
mpd340 01:10 PM 01-12-2011
Funny you should ask. I smoked one this weekend on a long drive. Im not a big Rocky Patel fan, but can say out of the ones I've smoked this was my favorite. :-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 04:39 PM 01-12-2011
Originally Posted by dannysguitar:
Thanks for the heads up Danny! I'm in for 2 samplers come 11PM iffin' I don't fall asleep first. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 04:45 PM 01-12-2011
Thanks for the heads up Danny! I'm in for 2 samplers come 11PM iffin' I don't fall asleep first. :-)
Aren't you usually in bed by 8 or so, Doug? :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:21 PM 01-12-2011
Not a bad smoke imo John.
[Reply]
dannysguitar 05:29 PM 01-12-2011
I doubt you'll be unhappy with your purchase :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:45 PM 01-12-2011
Smoked one ROTT...wasn't that great. Waited almost a month and lit another...DAMN TASTY!! :-) And this coming from a guy who NEVER buys RPs.
[Reply]
Dunkel 09:02 PM 01-12-2011
:-):-):-):-):-)

SOLD OUT! Stayed awake for nothing.
[Reply]
neoflex 06:51 AM 01-13-2011
No luck here either. :-)
[Reply]
OHRD 07:32 AM 01-13-2011
Something interesting to add to this thread...

There is a new cigar out, Illuminati Crusade. In a recent cigar blog review, the reviewer thought it tasted a lot like the VUDU...after going back and forth with several people, it became apparent that it is essentially a re-banded VUDU...there still hasn't been a total confirmation of it though.

Here is the review that started all the talk.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up