Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Headed out of town for a while
SvilleKid 07:24 AM 12-13-2010
My wife is a travel nurse, and will be finished with her Ft. Lauderdale contract in about 10 more shifts. She will be home next week for several days off before Christmas, then I'll drive back down with her, so we can drive back after her contract ends.

On top of that, we no longer do a traditional family commercial Christmas of spending. Several years ago, we started having a family Christmas get-together in real early January at some other location. Last couple of years it has been Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Since we were just there for a week in October for Ninja's wedding, we decided on the beach this year. Yeah, not much swimming this time of year, but it's not crowded, and food is fresh (and we all love seafood). Our best friends own a condo on the beach, and checking with them, we can get the condo for the entire month of January for about $100 more than it would cost us for a week (and about 2/3rds of what the Gatlinburg cabin usually costs! Needless to say, we grabbed the condo for a month! Don't know how long my wife will be there, depends on what job offers come up between now and then. And, since our friends will be at the condo the last few days of the year, we might drive there from Ft. Lauderdale, instead of coming home. I'll probably be there most of January, and probably take my mother down for a few days sometime late in the month. Her and dad sure loved the beach in the wintertime. He passed away in July after 6 years of full care from a stroke, so mom hasn't been to the beach in years. She should enjoy it, and may be her last chance given her age.

As well as bragging a little, and rambling a lot, this post is also meant to serve as notice that I will NOT be around to receive any packages for probably about 6 weeks starting next week. So, if anyone was planning on sending anything at all to me, send it to Ninja instead:-) Just not during the first week or so of January!
[Reply]
forgop 07:41 AM 12-13-2010
You can run but you can't hide. :-)

Have fun. After I get through nursing school and kids are out of school, I'll sell the house and pursue travel nursing myself. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:50 AM 12-13-2010
Have a good One!
[Reply]
HK3- 07:50 AM 12-13-2010
:-) Enjoy your time!
[Reply]
icehog3 10:16 AM 12-13-2010
Have a wonderful time, Cliff! :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 03:59 AM 12-14-2010
I heard this somewhere once...Paragraphs are your friends...:-):-)

Have a great time Brother but if this is some kind of Cheap Trick to NOT get BOMBED, I think you are Seriously Mistaken!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
EricF 04:40 AM 12-14-2010
Let's herf again while your down here!
[Reply]
hotreds 07:42 AM 12-14-2010
Enjoy and hope the weather behaves for ya!
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:44 AM 12-14-2010
Which beach, Lauderdale? Or up here by Jeremy?
[Reply]
SvilleKid 11:57 AM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Which beach, Lauderdale? Or up here by Jeremy?
Orange Beach. Adjacent to Gulf Shores, Alabama., or as we call it here, "The Redneck Riviera"

Eric- I'll PM you when I get down there, and we will get together.

Chingas - NOT a trick to keep from getting bombed. Just a warning that I'll be gone. BUT.....Any bombs that might come to the house during that time would spend quite a bit of "lonely" time sitting in the weather on the front porch! And I had paragraphs. 3 of them! :-) :-)
[Reply]
aich75013 12:05 PM 12-14-2010
I'll miss your avatars most of all. :-)
[Reply]
Brutus2600 12:09 PM 12-14-2010
Sounds like a much needed and fun vacation! Hope you and the family have a great time!

P.S. Today's avatar (12/14) is my favorite so far :-) lol
[Reply]
forgop 12:14 PM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Orange Beach. Adjacent to Gulf Shores, Alabama., or as we call it here, "The Redneck Riviera"

Eric- I'll PM you when I get down there, and we will get together.

Chingas - NOT a trick to keep from getting bombed. Just a warning that I'll be gone. BUT.....Any bombs that might come to the house during that time would spend quite a bit of "lonely" time sitting in the weather on the front porch! And I had paragraphs. 3 of them! :-) :-)
Too bad you're in the south because if you were in my neck of the woods, you would certainly kill off any hitch hikers along the way.

I'd say we could put together a bombing run around the first week of February. :-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 12:27 PM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by forgop:
Too bad you're in the south because if you were in my neck of the woods, you would certainly kill off any hitch hikers along the way.

I'd say we could put together a bombing run around the first week of February. :-)
I have your addy. I can always send stuff out before I leave town!!!:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
forgop 12:28 PM 12-14-2010
I have your addy. I can always send stuff out before I leave town!!!
You started it, so I retaliated. See how that works? :-):-):-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 12:38 PM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by forgop:
You started it, so I retaliated. See how that works? :-):-):-)
OK, you win!

NOT!
[Reply]
Chingas 06:57 PM 12-15-2010
Maybe Peter can move this to the Bomb Thread Section...:-):-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 08:49 PM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Maybe Peter can move this to the Bomb Thread Section...:-):-)
Naw. I'll post the DC#s in a separate thread, under the Bomb section!
[Reply]
Chingas 08:59 PM 12-15-2010
Naw. I'll post the DC#s in a separate thread, under the Bomb section!
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 04:42 PM 01-05-2011
Bumping this. Mainly because I had a PM inquiry about NinjaVanish and packages. Should have mentioned in original post that he would be at the beach with us for about a week. Thus, anything that might be headed his way before next Tuesday will fall on an empty doorstep. Not much doorstep there either.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up