Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Who likes Man 'O War Originals?
CasaDooley 10:49 AM 12-12-2010
Who likes em and why.
Would these go well with Woodford Reserve?
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 10:59 AM 12-12-2010
I've gone through a love/hate relationship with them. I really liked them at first but the last couple have not been very good for me. I don't know if I'm being finicky or if I got a couple bad ones. When I likde them, the were rich, peppery, and leathery. When I didn't, they had pepper for a few puffs then it went away. They were strong but flat. All form, no substance. Don't know how helpful I'm being but that's my experience. As far as Woodford Reserve goes, I always have a bottle on hand.

MCS
[Reply]
Bill86 11:21 AM 12-12-2010
I've had a few that are on and they are good. The duds are quite bad. But I would say it would go pretty nice with woodford reserve.
[Reply]
thebayratt 12:35 PM 12-12-2010
I'v had one, didn't care too much for it. I liked the Ruination more.
I have not given up in the original yet; will try it again.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 01:17 PM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
I've gone through a love/hate relationship with them. I really liked them at first but the last couple have not been very good for me. I don't know if I'm being finicky or if I got a couple bad ones. When I likde them, the were rich, peppery, and leathery. When I didn't, they had pepper for a few puffs then it went away. They were strong but flat. All form, no substance. Don't know how helpful I'm being but that's my experience. As far as Woodford Reserve goes, I always have a bottle on hand.

MCS
Spot on, I'm done with them.
[Reply]
Kreth 01:19 PM 12-12-2010
The figurado is my favorite. It's the MoW blend in the Ruination wrapper.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
maninblack 01:19 PM 12-12-2010
I've had better experiences with the Ruination. One of my staple smokes. But I would say my overall experience has been very positive. Good call on the Reserve.
[Reply]
jimmyk26 01:27 PM 12-12-2010
I really like the original Man O War toros with some age on them. If you have the space and will power, try putting them down for at least a year and then revisit. They are quite fantastic, sweet almond, rich chocolate, pepper spice, and leather.
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:34 PM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:

MCS
Describes perfectly the three that I have had. Too many other great sticks out there. :-)
[Reply]
joeobx 03:39 PM 12-12-2010
Got a couple of box's in the humi, so far so good
[Reply]
danreeve 03:43 PM 12-12-2010
original Man O War that came in the metal tins are smoking really well right now IMO. I smoked one last week.
[Reply]
CoreyD 03:56 PM 12-12-2010
Only Man O war I have had were the Ruinitation and virtue so I'm not sure what an original is. But the 2 I have had were yum yum
[Reply]
Dunkel 03:56 PM 12-12-2010
The last MOW Original I smoked reminded me of a CC, but not in a bad way. I prefer the Ruination to the original.
[Reply]
Kreth 04:51 PM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by CoreyD:
Only Man O war I have had were the Ruinitation and virtue so I'm not sure what an original is. But the 2 I have had were yum yum
There's 3 MoW blends: the original (just called Man O War), Ruination and Virtue.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Bax 05:03 PM 12-12-2010
I like them, got a box locked up tight in the cooler for a year or so :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 05:12 PM 12-12-2010
I've only had the Original, and I think it's a decent smoke! Ive heard Ruinations are great!
[Reply]
Kreth 05:18 PM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
There's 3 MoW blends: the original (just called Man O War), Ruination and Virtue.
My bad, I forgot Armada, only 5 bills for a chest of 32. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
whodeeni 05:19 PM 12-12-2010
I smoked one about 3 or 4 months ago and it was good in my opinion. Now that i'm hearing the comments of trying them after a year of rest, it's time to revisit the box that i purchased from a fellow botl a little over a year ago and see if i have the same experience that Jimmy did!:-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 05:42 PM 12-12-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
My bad, I forgot Armada, only 5 bills for a chest of 32. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
There's also a Maduro wrapped 6" X 60 in the War Chest, but I'm not shelling out that kinda cake to try it.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 01:17 PM 12-13-2010
Great replies so far, but how about the Woodford pairing of the two? Still looking for more answers to that.
Thanks every one!:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up