Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>A Little Bit Of Snow Eh?
68TriShield 09:52 AM 12-11-2010
Keeping an eye on you MN,WI and central US b-sotls.
Things are looking bleak for that picnic today...

:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:09 AM 12-11-2010
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Keeping an eye on you MN,WI and central US b-sotls.
Things are looking bleak for that picnic today...

:-)
Bleak? What a wonderful day for a picnic - albeit indoors. Perfect day for snuggling with the wife by the fireplace, a cup of hot chocolate, and watch the snow fall - turning the world crisp, clean, and pristine white.

I do hate shoveling, but the white is absolutely gorgeous.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Gophernut 10:16 AM 12-11-2010
Got to drive through all of that crap to get to work this morning. Yeehah.
[Reply]
14holestogie 10:16 AM 12-11-2010
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Bleak? What a wonderful day for a picnic - albeit indoors. Perfect day for snuggling with the wife by the fireplace, a cup of hot chocolate, and watch the snow fall - turning the world crisp, clean, and pristine white.

I do hate shoveling, but the white is absolutely gorgeous.

Agreed. Looks like we've fizzled for a bit. Cleared a spot so the mailman can deliver my empty boxes. :-)
[Reply]
pektel 10:18 AM 12-11-2010
We are having a campfire tonight. Probably have to shovel a path to the fire pit. Have a litre of cheap brandy ready for hot brandy's by the fire. Superb winter activity. :-)

EDIT: just looked outside. We haven't had a bit of snow today. But it's rather chilly. 2 right now, and dropping. WEatherman says low of -17 tonight. Guess I'm building a bigger fire than I thought.
[Reply]
BlackDog 10:37 AM 12-11-2010
It's snowing to beat heck here in the Twin Cities. I've rarely seen it snow so hard for so long. Our church had a men's breakfast schdeduled for this morning, which got cancelled. So, I got in a nap this morning. :-)

Now to dig out the Xmas decorations and merry up the house. :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:43 AM 12-11-2010
It's just a Dusting...

er.. Flesh wound.......

Nothing to see here. Was out and about and it was annoying, but fine.... note to self.. if you drive a little speck car, and you haven't seen any other vehicles out except 4 wheel drives, you should stay home.

The wifes lil' cute ute is a blast to drive in this stuff.
[Reply]
larryinlc 10:43 AM 12-11-2010
Down here in the southwest, we've had a bit of sleet and freezing rain to dampen the fun. Still, about 8 inches so far and it's still going to snow for a while.

Larry
[Reply]
pektel 10:53 AM 12-11-2010
My summer car rarely sees snow. Lowered 2" from stock makes it rather difficult. I do have my stock wheels with winter tires, and installed a limited slip diff to help though. Lincoln LS:

My winter beater is a blast in the snow. Don't have to car about damage one bit. 1985 chevy 1/2 ton 4wd. 350. Paint job courtesy of teh previous owner:

[Reply]
replicant_argent 11:01 AM 12-11-2010
That is a very typical Grand Rapids truck.
[Reply]
pektel 11:03 AM 12-11-2010
You ain't lyin lol. Been through here before?
[Reply]
replicant_argent 11:04 AM 12-11-2010
Family from GR, Big Fork area.
Got married at Sugar Lake Lodge.
[Reply]
pektel 11:09 AM 12-11-2010
Wow, small world! My gf has family in bigfork. I frequent sugar lake for summertime swimming. Nice blue water. :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 01:38 PM 12-11-2010
Holy buckets, I think it's even snowing harder now. I can't recall that I've ever seen it snow like this.
[Reply]
pektel 01:53 PM 12-11-2010
Still nothing up here today. I'm bummed. :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 02:24 PM 12-11-2010
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2010/12...nsas?ref=yahoo
They don't close MSP very often.
[Reply]
Wanger 02:34 PM 12-11-2010
Blew off the driveway a few hours ago for the first shot. Only took 2 hours. Shouldn't take as long the second time around. We've gotten about 13 inches so far. Doesn't look like it'll stop for a while, either. If I did outdoor winter activities, it'd be better, but I don't, so I hate this crap. :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 03:26 PM 12-11-2010
Yeah we've had 13" or so as well. Still snowing like crazy. Ran out to the store quick to get a couple things, otherwise it's pretty lousy out there. Heating up some shortning for an early dinner of fried fish. We plan to watch a Christmas movie tonight, White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, or something along those lines.

Here's a picture from my bedroom window for you Southerners. :-)
Attached: Snownami 12_10.jpg (74.3 KB) 
[Reply]
RevSmoke 03:35 PM 12-11-2010
We're supposed to get 6-9" or 8-14", depending on which weather forecast you watch. Were supposed to have about 5" by now. I figure 2" at best since this morning, but it is blowing.

I am wondering if they'll cancel church in the morning (elders and trustees make that decision). Have already had a couple calls about it. I told one person, "Look at how much snow you have outside. Now look at whether it is snowing or not. At present, I'd say it isn't a question. Of course, if it snows hard between now and tomorrow morning, that may all change.

It is good to see the white though.

[Reply]
SNKBYT 04:16 PM 12-11-2010
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Here's a picture from my bedroom window for you Southerners. :-)
Brrrrrrr
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up