Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Triple Flame?
LostAbbott 02:43 PM 12-09-2010
I am kind of interested in a triple flame lighter. It seems to me that one could possible get a more even light out of one.. Also they look like fun. Anyone have one that they really like? Also how is the fuel consumption?

Here is one I am looking at.

http://www.nibogroup.com/products/view/384
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 02:50 PM 12-09-2010
I have a couple triple flame lighters and really like them. However, I have stopped using them on smaller ring gauge cigars because it can burn the crap out of the wrappers because there is so much flame. So I use a nice single for 48-50 and smaller, and my triple for larger cigars.

It might make a difference to say, I use the Lotus table style lighter. It's not so huge like some other table lighters, but it's definitely larger than the standard lighter and holds a TON of butane! :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 02:52 PM 12-09-2010
most triplef flames fly through fuel...... just my 2 cents
[Reply]
drmda 03:00 PM 12-09-2010
I love the Xikar Trezo. Great, easily adjustable flame.
Unfortunately, lights only 5 cigars per filling, but the tank doesn't hold that much butane because it's a pocket-size lighter.

The Vector Thundra is a great tabletop lighter and holds tons of fuel and does not need refueling often.

Bob
[Reply]
Ogre 03:11 PM 12-09-2010
I have had a few triple flame lighters and always seem to go back to the single. Like TripleF stated it goes through allot of fuel.
[Reply]
Springsman 03:13 PM 12-09-2010
I have a triple, and it's actually better on juice than my double!
[Reply]
Bill86 03:15 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by drmda:
I love the Xikar Trezo. Great, easily adjustable flame.
Unfortunately, lights only 5 cigars per filling, but the tank doesn't hold that much butane because it's a pocket-size lighter.

The Vector Thundra is a great tabletop lighter and holds tons of fuel and does not need refueling often.

Bob
yeah the trezo is nice I like mine a great deal. I don't mind filling it once a week the turn knob on the bottom is awesome :-)
[Reply]
Commander Quan 03:17 PM 12-09-2010
I have the Perdomo Thundra table lighter, and while it is a beast it's pretty much akin to lighting your cigar with a flame thrower. The issue is the invisible part of the flame that is above the visible blue flame will burn the crap out of the whole side of a cigar if you are not careful. I much prefer the pinpoint accuracy of a single flame torch.
[Reply]
RRocket 05:42 PM 12-09-2010
I have a Nibo triple flamer lighter, and my best friend has the one you like. Neither of us have had any issues. I really like mine. Here's a brief video I did of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHZJMp2joM8

I don't think mine burns through fuel all that bad.
[Reply]
govicgo 11:02 AM 12-10-2010
I started out with triples and moved into the singles which I prefer ... the fuel thing and less problems with reliability.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 11:09 AM 12-10-2010
I've got one I use from time to time on larger RG smokes, like 50 or above. It definitely lights 'em up fast. I suppose it burns up a lot more fuel than singles, but I've never used it on a daily basis so I've never really noticed.

Check dealextreme - you can get them there cheap.
[Reply]
Bunker 11:46 AM 12-10-2010
I have one I got in a sampler trade, it is nice for the bigger smokes but I still prefer my plain old single-flame Ronson.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 11:53 AM 12-10-2010
Wow thanks for all the good info guys. I got in on the Ronson deal so if I want a triple flame I guess I will just use three lighters for the time being... :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:53 PM 12-10-2010
I have this one in gunmetal from Lotus and have been very happy with it:

It also has a nice punch on the bottom for those times when I don't have a cutter handy :-)
[Reply]
jmsremax 01:55 PM 12-10-2010
I never had good luck with a triple torch lighter. Ronson all the way for me.
[Reply]
bobarian 02:00 PM 12-10-2010
If you get a triple flame with a clear tank you can watch the fuel level go down as you light up. :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 02:01 PM 12-10-2010
I got to use Bill's Xikar Triple flame in a recent pass.
It's a beautiful lighter and he's right about the knob being a great addition and useful feature.
I however didn't like the triple flame.
I found it hard to toast the foot without scorching the wrapper.
Probably user error and had I been able to use it longer I might have had a better success rate.
For now I am put off on triple flame and will stick to my single.
[Reply]
BigCat 02:03 PM 12-10-2010
I have the perdomo tundra table lighter that is triple flame and I love it. It has a huge fuel tank.
[Reply]
Bill86 03:51 PM 12-10-2010
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
I got to use Bill's Xikar Triple flame in a recent pass.
It's a beautiful lighter and he's right about the knob being a great addition and useful feature.
I however didn't like the triple flame.
I found it hard to toast the foot without scorching the wrapper.
Probably user error and had I been able to use it longer I might have had a better success rate.
For now I am put off on triple flame and will stick to my single.
After the pass I can send it out to you for a few weeks or a month if you want to give it a second try. It does require some practice I will admit that.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 04:13 PM 12-10-2010
That xikar does sound pretty damn nice, I guess if I was going to spend some cash on a lighter I would get that, I like the idea of the two outside flames being tilted towards the center.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up