Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>where do cigars fall on your priority list?
cigarmonkel 02:20 PM 11-15-2010
Well obviously after bills... or at least for some of us :-). But do you have any other hobbies or activities that you place before cigars? I never thought i'd see the day where the majority of my extra spending money went to something other then cigars. Now instead of saving up for a box of this or that its saving up for car parts.

At least i've got a pretty decent stash so i can smoke while i attend the next autoX this summer :-). Might not come in first but i promise you i'll be the only one baller enough to be smoking a Tat SW reserva while taking hard corners, all i need is to make a classical music mix and find a way to drink my coffee through my helmet.
[Reply]
markem 02:23 PM 11-15-2010
cigars are not on my priority list. Cigars are "nice to haves" not "need to haves" so get no priority with me.
[Reply]
warren G. 02:29 PM 11-15-2010
I got a lot of interests. With that said, the money I spend on cigars doesn't compare to my other hobbies like wristwatch, fountain pens, and clothes. I don't own many of those stuff either. I'm still in the slow process of building up a quality collection. I'm still really young, so I'm looking forward to the long journey and I don't mind the wait.
[Reply]
loki 02:33 PM 11-15-2010
tied with guns and ammo somewhere below savings, rent, and food
[Reply]
Bill86 02:40 PM 11-15-2010
I like
knives
beer
bourbon
rum

As far as priorities, after bills and whatnot.
1. Beer (I try everything new I can get my hands on)
2. bourbon/rum (anything new I like to try as long as it's not TOO painfully expensive)
3. Cigars (I do what I can when I have the funds. But the boxes I'm wanting now are QUITE pricey)
4. Knives, I bought a Strider SMF and for me it's about as good as they get. Though someday I want a Microtech Halo III and a XM-18 or 24 Hinderer.

Even though I spend more $$$ on cigars then anything they aren't at the top of my list. Just so happens the first 2 I've pretty much done all the damage I can do.
[Reply]
14holestogie 02:41 PM 11-15-2010
Cigars are right up there for what commands the most of my budget on a monthly basis, but then again I have no mortgage, car payments or children left at home. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:58 PM 11-15-2010
Cigars are pretty high on my list, sometimes too high.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 03:03 PM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
cigars are not on my priority list. Cigars are "nice to haves" not "need to haves" so get no priority with me.
Best answer, EVER!
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 03:28 PM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
Cigars are right up there for what commands the most of my budget on a monthly basis, but then again I have no mortgage, car payments or children left at home. :-)
I could come live with you, if you'd like! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:29 PM 11-15-2010
:-)
[Reply]
EricF 03:32 PM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I have the same problem!!!
[Reply]
poker 03:32 PM 11-15-2010
:-) ditto goes for me

I view cigars as a luxury in my life and not a necessity.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 03:38 PM 11-15-2010
It is estimated that I smoke more than 1400 cigars per year. I'll let you guys decide where this is on my priority list. :-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 04:04 PM 11-15-2010
I guess I'm at a good age where I don't find the need to spend a lot on hobbies any more. I'm past hot rodding cars, have more guns and ammo than I can use, have plenty of booze I don't even drink that often, don't really collect anything anymore, have too many bowling balls, and found that I can get most of my books at the library.

Cigars are my last real vice, and I don't mind diverting disposable income to them. So yeah, priority wise they're up there. :-)
[Reply]
area51 04:11 PM 11-15-2010
I budget out money each month for cigars if that is what you mean.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:14 PM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by poker:
:-) ditto goes for me

I view cigars as a luxury in my life and not a necessity.
[Reply]
DBall 04:24 PM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
What Moses said.
[Reply]
Conch Republican 04:27 PM 11-15-2010

Then again, I don't do moderation well! :-)
[Reply]
Thammy 06:16 PM 11-15-2010
I have way too many hobbies to keep up with. But for Cigars I just budget a month of what I can spend on it. Sometimes the priority is too high for the "nice to haves" but I am a starving student after all so it is the same money troubles for everything!
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:19 PM 11-15-2010
priorities:

1. golf
2. cigars
3. booze

They all kind-of go together, hehe
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up