Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>For those cell customers of Verizon
Goldie 10:36 AM 11-11-2010
Verizon has a new promotion that offers unlimited text and data for single lines and family share plans. Depending on your current plan it might save you some money, or give you a better value for your dollar.

My bill went up two dollars but doubled my minutes and gave all my lines unlimited data, so it was a no brainer for me. The plan is basically geared towards accounts that have Blackberries or DROIDS so they will try to get you to upgrade.

Here's the link if you are interested. Also, DON'T call regular customer care because they will have NO idea what you are talking about. Call the 877 # on the page.

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/we...ILss...DgLmSee
[Reply]
ucla695 10:49 AM 11-11-2010
Thanks for the info. I'm due for an upgrade and it's about time I ditched my dumb phone.
[Reply]
357 10:54 AM 11-11-2010
That's a pretty good deal. I have a 1400 min family plan with 2 smartphones (unlimited data & text) and 1 regular phone (unlimited text).

If I upped that regular phone to a smartphone and included data, with that ad, I would still save $30/month.

Thanks!
[Reply]
md4958 11:00 AM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by Goldie:
Verizon has a new promotion that offers unlimited text and data for single lines and family share plans. Depending on your current plan it might save you some money, or give you a better value for your dollar.

My bill went up two dollars but doubled my minutes and gave all my lines unlimited data, so it was a no brainer for me. The plan is basically geared towards accounts that have Blackberries or DROIDS so they will try to get you to upgrade.

Here's the link if you are interested. Also, DON'T call regular customer care because they will have NO idea what you are talking about. Call the 877 # on the page.

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/we...ILss...DgLmSee
You sure this isnt a scam of some kind? The fact that regular customer service has no idea about this plan makes me a bit nervous.
[Reply]
AD720 11:35 AM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:
You sure this isnt a scam of some kind? The fact that regular customer service has no idea about this plan makes me a bit nervous.
It's being reported by the major mobile tech blogs, Boy Genius Report, Engadet, etc. It's not widely known as it is supposedly rolling out to "preferred customers" only at this point.
[Reply]
AD720 11:42 AM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by AD720:
It's being reported by the major mobile tech blogs, Boy Genius Report, Engadet, etc. It's not widely known as it is supposedly rolling out to "preferred customers" only at this point.
Links:

http://www.bgr.com/2010/11/06/verizo...nlimited-plan/

http://www.dailytech.com/Verizon+Tes...ticle20024.htm
[Reply]
Bunker 11:49 AM 11-11-2010
I called and was told that if I didn't receive the email directly I was not eligible for the promotion
[Reply]
tx_tuff 01:12 PM 11-11-2010
Maybe they are only sending the emails to people who's contracts are up? I spend enough with then that I should get the email!!
[Reply]
docdoty 01:22 PM 11-11-2010
Thanks Ill have to get that done it looks like it will save me quite a bit of money. Thanks
[Reply]
Resipsa 01:31 PM 11-11-2010
This is basically my iPhone plan on at&t. I wonder if verizon offers this to iPhone users IF thy get it as reported
[Reply]
J0eybb 02:10 PM 11-11-2010
I'm going to try when I get home.
[Reply]
J0eybb 04:31 PM 11-11-2010
Done, no problems. Went from 180 amonth to 160, and added unlimited data to two phones.
[Reply]
Goldie 04:56 PM 11-11-2010
Just to help clear the air a little...

I didn't receive this email directly from Verizon but rather a friend.

Even though I didn't receive it directly, Susan (the rep I spoke with) still switched me over to the new plan.

Only one of my line's was eligible for renewal, and they just told me to get a new phone at some point, and switched me over.

And on a side note, I'm glad to see people are able to save some money. Buy yourself a few more cigars each month.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 06:30 PM 11-11-2010
Is this only for present Verizon customers, or for new customers as well?
[Reply]
Goldie 09:56 PM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I'm not entirely sure man.
[Reply]
J0eybb 10:26 PM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
You could sign up, and then get the offer.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:34 AM 11-12-2010
Originally Posted by J0eybb:
You could sign up, and then get the offer.
Yeah, I need to ditch AT&T regardless. :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 10:36 AM 11-18-2010
Goldie, thanks for the info brother. I had recently renewed with them for the next two years and I didn't include texting in my package. I called them up, said I saw this promotion, and now for the same money I have unlimited texting whereas if I had wanted it before it would have been another $20 or so and it doesn't cost me money now every time I send/receive.. So I might actually use that at some point now.

Preciate the heads up. :-)
[Reply]
Goldie 10:54 AM 12-05-2010
Glad to see this worked for some people.

The link to the email is still active, so people might still be able to take advantage of it.

Sunday afternoon bumpity.
[Reply]
captain53 01:32 PM 12-05-2010
They also have Buy One Get One Free on Motorola Droid's including X. Either 2 new lines or 2 renewals qualify. Not sure how long this one will last as they don't show an end date but it started Dec 3.

https://store.verizonwireless.com/st...rs|1:DroidDoes
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up