Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>La Gloria Cubana Serie R Maduro
Superbad 06:29 PM 11-09-2010
Has anyone tried these? The B&M in Destin has several of the limited edition Humidors filled with these cigars. They look fantastic, and wondered if it was worth getting some. I think they are a few years old now. Just wanted to get some opinions.
[Reply]
ninjavanish 06:45 PM 11-09-2010
Originally Posted by Superbad:
Has anyone tried these? The B&M in Destin has several of the limited edition Humidors filled with these cigars. They look fantastic, and wondered if it was worth getting some. I think they are a few years old now. Just wanted to get some opinions.
Brother... First of all... The humidors containing those cigars contain a different cigar than the regular serie r. Those humidors contain a limited release which are usually numbered and in batches of limited quantity.

The serie r maduro are awesome and was my favorite cigar for years and years. I preferred the no. 5.

The serie r limitada in the humidors are delicious as well... however larger, generally, and well... More limited.
[Reply]
sobranie10 06:51 PM 11-09-2010
The new series N chisel is a delicious smoke beautiful construction excellent I personally like it better than the series R. :-)
[Reply]
Superbad 07:00 PM 11-09-2010
Originally Posted by ninjavanish:
Brother... First of all... The humidors containing those cigars contain a different cigar than the regular serie r. Those humidors contain a limited release which are usually numbered and in batches of limited quantity.

The serie r maduro are awesome and was my favorite cigar for years and years. I preferred the no. 5.

The serie r limitada in the humidors are delicious as well... however larger, generally, and well... More limited.
Thanks Jeremy. Is the blend the same and the size different or are they completely different cigars?
[Reply]
E.J. 09:24 PM 11-09-2010
Bought a humidor, but never one of the sticks....:-)
[Reply]
Superbad 09:26 PM 11-09-2010
Originally Posted by E.J.:
They are a thing of beauty are they not! Very nice pickup, what did the humidor alone cost you?
[Reply]
GolfNut 09:38 PM 11-09-2010
Man I would love to get one of those humidors!! I like most all of the LGC stuff. I haven't had a serie r maduro in a long time, but they are awesome! I haven't been able to try the new serie n. Gonna have to get me some soon!
[Reply]
E.J. 09:38 PM 11-09-2010
They are a thing of beauty are they not! Very nice pickup, what did the humidor alone cost you?
I believe I purchased it here for around $160-70ish??? Not 100% sure..... I had my eye on one at my local B&M, but they were not selling....and had in my mind that I HAD to have one.

They are beautiful and it always gets comments.... In the end, more show piece than practical.....it holds less than 50 singles....
[Reply]
Superbad 10:00 PM 11-09-2010
I believe I purchased it here for around $160-70ish??? Not 100% sure..... I had my eye on one at my local B&M, but they were not selling....and had in my mind that I HAD to have one.

They are beautiful and it always gets comments.... In the end, more show piece than practical.....it holds less than 50 singles....
It is beautiful!
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:02 PM 11-09-2010
It is beautiful!
I agree!!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:10 PM 11-09-2010
I was supposed to get one of those LGC Limitada Humis in a trade with someone here a couple of months ago. It would have been perfect for storing the lovely LGCs that Jeremy bombed the crap out of me with, and the ones I still have on hand from purchases. That was the plan. We had everything all set and then he stopped replying to PMs and hasn't logged on for nearly a month.:-)
[Reply]
AUguy 10:15 PM 11-09-2010
I have one of these sticks sitting in my humi right now. Cant wait to try it. Its a great looking stick.
[Reply]
CigarNut 03:23 AM 11-10-2010
I have always like the Serie R -- now I need to try the Limitada :-)
[Reply]
ninjavanish 04:55 AM 11-10-2010
Thanks Jeremy. Is the blend the same and the size different or are they completely different cigars?
You know,

I couldn't tell you off the top of my head since they haven't made these since 07. (By the way... look up the Limitada humidors from '02 and '07 if you think this one is awesome... those will blow your mind.)

I am 99.9% positive that the blend is the same and the sizes are different. I know the sizes are obviously different from the normal Serie R... and I know for a fact also the sizes differ from year to year... so really the only thing I can't answer for you is the blend. However, I couldn't imagine them straying too far from the cigar that basically became LGC's bread an butter.

I could find out for you though... I'll try to post a little later today about it.
[Reply]
Superbad 04:00 PM 11-10-2010
Originally Posted by ninjavanish:
You know,

I couldn't tell you off the top of my head since they haven't made these since 07. (By the way... look up the Limitada humidors from '02 and '07 if you think this one is awesome... those will blow your mind.)

I am 99.9% positive that the blend is the same and the sizes are different. I know the sizes are obviously different from the normal Serie R... and I know for a fact also the sizes differ from year to year... so really the only thing I can't answer for you is the blend. However, I couldn't imagine them straying too far from the cigar that basically became LGC's bread an butter.

I could find out for you though... I'll try to post a little later today about it.
Thanks Jeremy! This is now on my radar for the future.
[Reply]
shilala 04:05 PM 11-10-2010
I used to love them. They're lousy when they're wet. Give them about 8 months to get them down around 62% and they're absolutely phenomenal.
They remind me a lot of El Originals from Island Smoke Shop in Key Largo.
[Reply]
Superbad 05:34 PM 11-10-2010
Wow that 07 humidor is absolutely incredible! No way I could afford the $1799.95 they are for sale at now, much less the original price of $2500. Talk about blowing your budget...

Here is a picture http://www.bestcigarprices.com/cigar.../228-12205.htm
[Reply]
docdoty 05:38 PM 11-10-2010
that is a really beautiful humidor. I just ordered a new humidor today after recieving a Bomb (i mean trade) from Ninja. I have had to LGC maduro and I enjoy them on occasion.
[Reply]
Superbad 05:46 PM 11-15-2010
The B&M has a 2004. I am thinking about it. Wonder how they will taste with 6 years on them?
The only problem is they are 60 RG, possibly why they haven't been sold.
[Reply]
neoflex 07:52 PM 11-15-2010
The Serie Ns have been popping up a lot lately locally. I have two that I need to torch that were given to me from the local rep about a month ago. No lasered N on the wrapper like the ones I have seen here and have seen popping up in all the locals lately. I think one of those will be next on my hit list. The Serie R used to be part of the regular rotation for me. Not really sure why I stopped smoking them. May just be from that once I ran out there was just always something new to try. I may need to start revisiting those again as they never disappointed.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up