[Reply]
kelmac07 07:09 PM 11-04-2010
WOW!!!
[Reply]
GTsetGO 07:11 PM 11-04-2010
damn. didn't know anything about this.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 07:11 PM 11-04-2010
Looks like somebody wants to own a brand or three of his own.
[Reply]
gijoey959 07:28 PM 11-04-2010
Haha, I looked over at the signed Cain habano box and Cain F hat I have from this year and feel really lucky now :-)

Sucks to hear, maybe he'll figure out some brands of his own
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:31 PM 11-04-2010
Sam will land on his feet!!!

Good luck Sam!!!
:-)
[Reply]
forgop 08:21 PM 11-04-2010
Interesting...it just so happens that nublive appears to be deactivated as well.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:28 PM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
WOW!!!
:-)
[Reply]
docdoty 09:30 PM 11-04-2010
I wonder what happened. He will def create his own brand
[Reply]
bscottskangum 09:34 PM 11-04-2010
I know that the article states that Oliva owns the Cain brand, but without Sam on board I wonder if they will go the way of the cloth bands :-)
[Reply]
forgop 09:36 PM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by bscottskangum:
I know that the article states that Oliva owns the Cain brand, but without Sam on board I wonder if they will go the way of the cloth bands :-)
Why use cloth bands? It would have to add a higher cost and frankly, there's nothing gained in doing cloth bands.
[Reply]
bscottskangum 09:37 PM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by forgop:
Why use cloth bands? It would have to add a higher cost and frankly, there's nothing gained in doing cloth bands.
Missed my point....the discontinued Oliva cloth band cigars...wondering if they will end up ceasing production without Sam a part of the company
[Reply]
sikk50 09:40 PM 11-04-2010
I thought they were already looking at eliminating the Cain line anyway?

I could be way off IIRC someone at a local b and m mentioned that.
[Reply]
forgop 09:43 PM 11-04-2010
Missed my point....the discontinued Oliva cloth band cigars...wondering if they will end up ceasing production without Sam a part of the company
Gotcha. I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. :-)

I wouldn't think they'd eliminate the Cains. Seems like the reviews have always been pretty good on them. Nubs maybe, but not the Cains.
[Reply]
bscottskangum 09:49 PM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by forgop:
Gotcha. I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. :-)

I wouldn't think they'd eliminate the Cains. Seems like the reviews have always been pretty good on them. Nubs maybe, but not the Cains.
You wouldn't think, but like I said they might end up going away like the cloth bands did. I'm sure alot goes into whether or not a cigars production is continued, I'll just be curious to see if the removal of Sam from the equation will tip the scales. Might end up with a blend change or rebranding but it will be interesting to see how everything works out.
[Reply]
BengalMan 10:12 PM 11-04-2010
Production is full steam ahead.
Originally Posted by sikk50:
I thought they were already looking at eliminating the Cain line anyway?

I could be way off IIRC someone at a local b and m mentioned that.
That couldn't be farther from the truth. Cain is highly successful and continues to grow and expand in 2011. Nub has been a hit since the day it was released and it remains so to this day.

You wouldn't think, but like I said they might end up going away like the cloth bands did. I'm sure alot goes into whether or not a cigars production is continued, I'll just be curious to see if the removal of Sam from the equation will tip the scales. Might end up with a blend change or rebranding but it will be interesting to see how everything works out.
There will be no blend changing and no re-branding of any of the lines. Cain and Nub have always been produced and owned by Oliva. Nothing has changed on that side of things.
[Reply]
gijoey959 10:23 PM 11-04-2010
Good to know my precious Cain Maduros won't change :-) I wish my B&M had them when I bought the box of habanos at the Cain tour.
[Reply]
forgop 10:56 PM 11-04-2010
Am I reading this right? Oliva created this Studio Tobac to be a spinoff of sorts and the stage is set for Sam to "part ways" with Oliva, but the door appears to be wide open for his creations there. In other words, let's create a lot of buzz about what's going on for all the talk so we can announce his new position all while under the Oliva umbrella. Am I way out in left field with this?
[Reply]
nick2021 11:43 PM 11-04-2010
surprising news!
[Reply]
icehog3 12:23 AM 11-05-2010
Between this and Glorbal Warming, I don't know how I will sleep tonight.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
Up