Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Sports>A Rugby Thread
hscmit 08:48 AM 11-03-2010
Don't know how much interest there is, but this could be a place to discuss international, domestic, and even local rugby.

Lots of great games last weekend and even more this coming weekend.

What are your picks and predictions?

Who do you want to see get smashed?
[Reply]
hscmit 12:00 PM 11-03-2010
this weekend I will take

NZ to dominate England and win by at least 10

Ireland to edge out SA by 3

and AUS to edge Wales by 5
[Reply]
Lumpold 12:18 PM 11-03-2010
2 out of 3 ain't bad...

I think England will be slightly better than expected, but NZ to take the match.

Ireland? Pah. Boks by 5 at least.

Australia should easily beat Wales, although of the GB teams, Wales are my favourite.
[Reply]
hscmit 12:21 PM 11-03-2010
SA/ Ire match well up front but without any cover in the centers I dont know. Of course I thought that WP would have a clear advantage on the outside last week and that didnt workout at all
[Reply]
hscmit 12:23 PM 11-03-2010
England should feel the full furry of a pissed off NZ side, on an aside I hope SBW gets a run on off the bench and Moody or Sheridan get a chance to line him up
[Reply]
hscmit 12:24 PM 11-03-2010
Wales are also the least injured of all the GB teams and have a very solid scrum- where Aussie scrum is crap and I dont know that the criminal island can put two good games together in two weeks
[Reply]
Lumpold 12:38 PM 11-03-2010
don't like Sonny?

I think England will have to be brutal to stand a chance of winning, lets hope they can stand up to the challenge and give a good game.

I think the boks will come out and try to stamp dominance over the Irish from the off, and give the centres such a hard hitting game they'll back off... As for our lack of centres/midfield in general... well, it's gonna be time for some young guns to step up and wear the green and gold as if their life depended on it!
[Reply]
hscmit 12:43 PM 11-03-2010
I think he is a good runner with ball in hand and solid on defense but I dont like the showmanship and circus sideshow that come with him, and I dont think he has paid his dues the way others have.

Anyway Donald comes in off the bench again?
[Reply]
Lumpold 01:59 PM 11-03-2010
I think the problem for Donald is that it's not his 'natural' or normal position. He plays well, bit there just seems to be that... instinct (?) in SBW.
[Reply]
gvarsity 02:46 PM 11-03-2010
I miss having Setanta and time to watch Rugby. I'm so out of touch. Getting psyched up for the world cup though. Glad someone started this thread.
[Reply]
Lumpold 07:51 AM 11-04-2010
Also... as to Wales being the least injured GB side... yeah, you've got a point, but they are also most likely to injure their own team.
[Reply]
hscmit 08:18 AM 11-04-2010
if SA dont win on tour will De Villers still get to keep Jake Whites job?
[Reply]
Lumpold 09:21 AM 11-04-2010
I we don't win on tour, people will get shot :-)

You know, I'm fairly lenient on coaches for the most part, but our Tri-Nations was pretty appalling, and we should beat any of the teams we're playing this tour on just about any day of the week. Do we need Jake back? Maybe, or maybe we need a whole new start. Or maybe De Villiers is having a lack of form we so often forgive our players for having. Not often though!
[Reply]
Lumpold 09:20 AM 11-06-2010
Half-time and Australia are only just edging out Wales...
NZ seem to have taken the game to England.
[Reply]
SDmate 09:26 AM 11-06-2010
Originally Posted by Lumpold:
Half-time and Australia are only just edging out Wales...
NZ seem to have taken the game to England.

they showed the tri nations series live here, now for some reason they aren't showing these games even on delay:-)
[Reply]
hscmit 09:40 AM 11-06-2010
the england nz game will be on here later today and the itm final but am having to look online for the wales as and sa ire games

I really want to watch the sa/ire game
[Reply]
Lumpold 12:04 PM 11-06-2010
Originally Posted by SDmate:
they showed the tri nations series live here, now for some reason they aren't showing these games even on delay:-)
There are several expletives I'm not allowed to use here, but this one I shall. Assmunchers.

Originally Posted by hscmit:
the england nz game will be on here later today and the itm final but am having to look online for the wales as and sa ire games

I really want to watch the sa/ire game
Did you manage to find a feed? Watching it live now (although may have to pop out on work related business, so it's tivo'ing too)... let's just say the first half of the first half hasn't made me unhappy.
[Reply]
Lumpold 01:11 PM 11-06-2010
Argh!
[Reply]
Lumpold 01:17 PM 11-06-2010
Flippin' heck, that was tense.
[Reply]
hscmit 01:27 PM 11-06-2010
what a good second half(finally found a working stream)

my thoughts
peter stringer and o gara should both have their starting jobs back

if o gara had made that conversion might be a different ending

aplon was really exposed as the weak link for the back three
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up