Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>LGs & Coronados need some love
RevSmoke 08:41 AM 10-01-2010
OK, so maybe I am just not as observant as I should be, but...

I see bandwidth here taken up by BOTLs/SOTLs raving over a bunch of stuff - Liga Privada, Viaje, Tatuaje, DPG, Opus X, Illusione, Cain, Padron, AF, and some others.

I even see an occasional mention of LFD, but I don't see much of anything about either the Litto Gomez or Coronado line.

Personally, I am really enjoying the Coronados I have. They are on the fuller side, with spice, coffee, cocoa, and sweetness.

The LG line is also stellar - a Dominican Puro that is out of this world.

With both lines the construction has been spot on. In fact, if I could afford them, this would be all I smoke. As it is, they are the ones I pull out when I want something I know I can count on. When they are gone, they're gone.

So anyway, I am wondering why they don't get as much bandwidth and love here at CA (don't know if they do in other places, for I don't check anyplace else)? They don't seem to get negative or positive thread mention.
Is it because nobody likes them?
Not have tried them?
They are good, but tastes run other directions?
Or what is it?

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:46 AM 10-01-2010
The only time I've seen LG, LFD, or Coronado mentioned habitually is on another forum from a LFD/LG Lover. Other than that, I dont think they get as much talk as all the new shiny blends do.

I think LG tends to stay below the spotlight, not becuase they aren't good cigars, but in the way they aren't trying to allure the cigar smoker by dangling shiny bells and whistles in front of them. I haven't seen nearly enough advertising from them, and there is no hype from them. Maybe a little from the Salomone (sp?) that was released, but other than that we hear little.
[Reply]
shilala 08:53 AM 10-01-2010
Todd, I don't think they're "out there". There's not an LGD that doesn't kick opus or anejo's ass all over the field. Coronado or Coronado maduro are incredible backup counterparts. Across the two lines, they got it all.
I just packed my little travel humi for our trip to Nashville.
One big hogleg Padron 26, a Coronado maduro, and 3 LGD's of various sizes and wrappers.
I think it's best to just keep quiet. They're expensive enough already. :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 08:57 AM 10-01-2010
They don't get as much attention on the boards but for me Littos stuff is my old faithful. I know I can always count on his lines to be consistent. I think they also don't get much hype because Litto isn't throwing new blends into the market every month which is one thing I like about his stuff. I like some of the HTF and new blends from some manufacturers just as much as the next guy but it's nice to see someone sticking to keeping their stuff consistent. LFD and LGD are brands that I have never lost love for like I have with most other lines. I will be honest and say I have not given the Coronados much of a chance. I smoked two when they were first released and didn't care for them although I heard the maddies are great but HTF. I guess I should revisit the brand as it's odd for me not to love everything that is Litto. The only La Flor I don't like is the Cabinet Cameroon. Just not enough oomph for me.
[Reply]
shilala 09:05 AM 10-01-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
They don't get as much attention on the boards but for me Littos stuff is my old faithful. I know I can always count on his lines to be consistent. I think they also don't get much hype because Litto isn't throwing new blends into the market every month which is one thing I like about his stuff. I like some of the HTF and new blends from some manufacturers just as much as the next guy but it's nice to see someone sticking to keeping their stuff consistent. LFD and LGD are brands that I have never lost love for like I have with most other lines. I will be honest and say I have not given the Coronados much of a chance. I smoked two when they were first released and didn't care for them although I heard the maddies are great but HTF. I guess I should revisit the brand as it's odd for me not to love everything that is Litto. The only La Flor I don't like is the Cabinet Cameroon. Just not enough oomph for me.
I'm odd in that I don't care for any of the LFD stuff at all. Don't care for the flavor and I find them all one dimensional.
If a guy likes that dimension, it's 100% solid, and ever consistent.
I got two of the 83 boxes of Coronado maduros, I wish I could have bought them all. They're otherworldly. Crazy expensive, but otherworldly.
I think a lot of the holdback on the LGD stuff is cost. It's all super expensive. That makes it real uncomfortable for a guy to give them a shot.
If anyone has ever smoked a small batch one, they'd be hooked forever. Absolutely amazing cigar.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:18 AM 10-01-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
I'm odd in that I don't care for any of the LFD stuff at all. Don't care for the flavor and I find them all one dimensional.
I got two of the 83 boxes of Coronado maduros, I wish I could have bought them all. They're otherworldly. Crazy expensive, but otherworldly.
I think a lot of the holdback on the LGD stuff is cost. It's all super expensive. That makes it real uncomfortable for a guy to give them a shot.
If anyone has ever smoked a small batch one, they'd be hooked forever. Absolutely amazing cigar.
I'm like you, Scott. I don't really like LFDs, but I really like the Coronados Ive been given (Thanks Todd!). Ive never had any of the LG line but from what I hear, it rocks!
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:25 AM 10-01-2010
The LGD stuff is AWESOME!! Like you Todd...if I could afford them, I'd smoke 'em everyday. As for the LFD...love the maddie chisels and the maddie factory press.
[Reply]
alwayslit 09:30 AM 10-01-2010
LG diez especially aged are great. Problem is there is so much good stuff out there right now it's hard to smoke it all.
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:36 AM 10-01-2010
These two lines are some of my FAVORITE cigars. The Coronado can be had for a decent price but the LG Diez I have to limit purchasing to a single here and there due to the $10-15 price tag. I would even say that I have never been disappointed in the LG, EVER, but the cost makes it a prohibited regular smoke. I was glad to see the LG being offered in 25ct cabs because in the 50 cabs box purchase wasn't even in my realm. I will go as far as to say the LG Diez is one, if not my favorite Dominican offering.
[Reply]
srduggins 10:13 AM 10-01-2010
I love LGD. I had the Americano last Monday and the Oriental packs an incredible amount of flavor into a small stick. I remember tasting black, white AND red pepper without it being too hot or spicy.
[Reply]
JJG 10:50 AM 10-01-2010
This sums up my feelings as well. I want to like these, but every LFD I've tried was rather boring. However, I've never thought they suffered from a lack of attention.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:44 AM 10-02-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
See, and I have been struggling to like the LFD lines. I have had a couple LFDs, even bought some LFD DL452 in the maduro and natural, pretty good cigars. But I have to agree with Scott (see below) that they are one dimensional, but if you are in that zone, it is a great dimension to travel.

One thing you touch on here that has caught my attention from my first LFD is the quality of the roll and the consistency of his smokes - always spot on.

Originally Posted by JJG:
This sums up my feelings as well. I want to like these, but every LFD I've tried was rather boring. However, I've never thought they suffered from a lack of attention.
LFD is not the LGD line - they are not even from the same planet. JJG, do not judge the Coronado or LGD lines by the LFDs you have had, they are different. It would be like judging the Anejo line by the Opus line to the everyday line of Arturo Fuentes - they are different beasts.

Oh, another LFD line that has really impressed me - over and above the normal LFD lines (DL, L, etc...) is the Air Bender.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
mu mike 07:55 AM 10-02-2010
Good topic. I was just thinking the same thing the other day while smoking a LG Diez Americano on my drive home. LG Diez are so underrated, and better than cigars that get all the hype and buzz (yes, that's you Tatuaje).
[Reply]
gvarsity 02:57 PM 10-02-2010
LG are one of my favorites the regular LFD stuff is fine but just in the same league. The Diez are some of the most balanced smokes I have had. Love em. Coranados are tasty and I can't speak to the Coronado Maduros. I'm fine that there isn't a ton of hype on these as more for me. :-)
[Reply]
jcruse64 05:21 PM 10-02-2010
I like the Coronado also, but my local does not get much stock of this line. He can't even get the Litto line, and I've not seen them in any other B&M's I've visited (which is not many) when I've been on the road. I'll bet they're great.
[Reply]
sofaman 06:26 PM 10-02-2010
I have been a Litto whore ever since my first Small Batch #1 The LGD and the Coranado Lines are my favorites. And then there is the Factory Press witch is amazing as well as the Ice Pick.
[Reply]
Ratters 01:35 AM 10-03-2010
I really like the Littos I've smoked, diez and chisel, about the only Dominican stuff I'll smoke.

That said, I have yet to have an enjoyable experience with an LFD cigar. And I've tried many of them.
[Reply]
coronalogan 01:15 PM 10-03-2010
The Coronado has been one of my go to smokes for quite a while now. Just tried the maduro a few days ago and I was very impressed with it. I am a huge LFD fan all around, and Gomez and son (Tony) are really good guys.
[Reply]
billybarue 01:15 PM 10-06-2010
Overall my favorite cigar maker. I think he runs circles around AF, until you get up to the Anejos. But than price point on LFD I find more appealing.

Corajos don't get much press but are awesome smaller stick. I still have a good stock of 2000 series cameroon wrapped cigars. Cameroon cabinets are very nice. Habano perfectos are very good.

LGs, Coronados, Chisel Maduros, and specially the DL Lanceros can catch me on an empty stomach so I tend to have to shy away unless I've had a good meal.

L-300s are probably go to for me.
[Reply]
BTcigars 07:28 PM 10-06-2010
The Cameroon Cabinets No. 1 is an amazing cigar that is under the radar. Check it out if you get a chance, you wont be sorry
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up