Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Coffee Discussion>My Diedrich IR-1 arrived
germantown rob 01:47 PM 09-25-2010
My Diedrich IR-1 arrived yesterday, it will be another week or so before I have it operational and roasting.
Attached: IR-1-8Sept2010-0026smaller.jpg (67.1 KB) 
[Reply]
floydpink 03:21 PM 09-25-2010
Holy cow. Congrats.
[Reply]
germantown rob 06:14 PM 11-20-2010
A week, two months, hey it is all the same thing when you have little kids. So I got it up and running yesterday and have done 45lbs so far, 30 where for seasoning the drum and went into the trash after.

What a machine! I am glad I had years on my Hottop to get lots of experience but this is just a dream to roast on.
[Reply]
Moglman 07:36 AM 11-21-2010
Congrats Rob. That's incredible!! I need to read up on the Diedrich. Can you roast indoors without setting off the smoke alarms?
[Reply]
germantown rob 08:38 AM 11-21-2010
well yes u can, it is a commercial machine so it needs to be vented. not exactly a counter top friendly machine, it weights 135lbs so it needs a dedicated spot.

http://www.diedrichroasters.com/inde...age=LabRoaster

That is my machine they have as their add, lol
[Reply]
Mister Moo 05:54 AM 11-22-2010
May I register to be the first (Mail Order) client, customer #000001?

Whenever you're ready send me 2-lbs of this and 2-lbs of that - your choice. pm for cc# and address.

Congratulations.

Dan/MMoo
[Reply]
Blueface 05:56 AM 11-22-2010
Wow.
[Reply]
yourchoice 06:23 AM 11-22-2010
Rob, that is awesome!
[Reply]
replicant_argent 06:47 AM 11-22-2010
I have decided that today will be designated "G-Rob Day" arbitrarily, even after you have had it for a while. You are officially one of the coolest people I know.

My wife would kill me. I would need to stick to the Franken-roaster.
[Reply]
GolfNut 06:49 AM 11-22-2010
Congratulations, that is a beautiful machine. I seriously miss home roasting coffee. Had a nice little Behmor counter top model for personal use.
[Reply]
germantown rob 09:32 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by Mister Moo:
May I register to be the first (Mail Order) client, customer #000001?

Whenever you're ready send me 2-lbs of this and 2-lbs of that - your choice. pm for cc# and address.

Congratulations.

Dan/MMoo
Thanks Dan! I will gladly send some to you. I need to figure out some economical shipping and pick up at my door this next couple of weeks. Not looking to be in business but do need people to help drink the stuff and offset the costs of 100lbs of green a month.

Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
I have decided that today will be designated "G-Rob Day" arbitrarily, even after you have had it for a while. You are officially one of the coolest people I know.

My wife would kill me. I would need to stick to the Franken-roaster.
My wife wanted to kill me for not hooking it up for 2 months! I was buying stale beans locally and she was pissed off, lol.

Originally Posted by GolfNut:
Congratulations, that is a beautiful machine. I seriously miss home roasting coffee. Had a nice little Behmor counter top model for personal use.
Burned up a Behmor in 6 months, moved onto a Hottop B for 2+ years then settled on the plunge into a commercial roaster for the garage. It is a dream to work on!
[Reply]
germantown rob 09:33 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Rob, that is awesome!

You will have to get on my mailing list for some coffee!
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:17 AM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by germantown rob:

My wife wanted to kill me for not hooking it up for 2 months! I was buying stale beans locally and she was pissed off, lol.
My god, man.... your friends here could have saved you from that. I can get some home roast to philly while it is still fresh, and you could have had a happier Queen.
[Reply]
germantown rob 02:58 PM 11-22-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
My god, man.... your friends here could have saved you from that. I can get some home roast to philly while it is still fresh, and you could have had a happier Queen.
LOL, I was forcing myself to drink swill to get me motivated to hook up the beast.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:50 PM 11-29-2010
That is incredible! Do you plan to sell your roasts?
[Reply]
novasurf 03:53 AM 12-21-2010
Now that's balls deluxe. Good luck. How do you vent it?
[Reply]
germantown rob 01:15 PM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
That is incredible! Do you plan to sell your roasts?
I have no plans of selling coffee at this point in time. I got this to pair up with a larger roaster in the future. The biggest problem I have in selling beans is that shipping is a PIA and really makes it hard to justify costs for 1lb or less.

Originally Posted by novasurf:
Now that's balls deluxe. Good luck. How do you vent it?
I direct vent it out the wall.

Sorry, been a while since I checked on this thread.
[Reply]
germantown rob 01:18 PM 02-23-2011
The Diedrich has been a pleasure to work with. Great control over the heat and airflow so any problems with the roast are all due to me.

I need to get the gas company out to my house to increase my gas line pressure then I should have no issues roasting 1kg with full control over the profile.
[Reply]
Mr B 01:38 PM 02-23-2011
Very cool. Thanks for the pics and the updates.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 01:45 PM 02-23-2011
Well when you do start selling... let us know :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up