Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Entertainment>It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Coz77 07:04 AM 09-17-2010
Any one watch the season 6 premiere last night? What did you think?

Personally I found it a bit weak...and whats up with all the product placement?
[Reply]
Brutus2600 07:48 AM 09-17-2010
"We're two cool dudes who want to get married, what's gay about that?"

Rofl, I LOVED the season opener, although it wasn't the best episode ever, it still had me in stitches.

I did notice the product placement like whoa...but hey, they gotta make a buck *shrug*
[Reply]
icehog3 08:16 AM 09-17-2010
Never saw any of the first 5 seasons, but watched last night. I laughed out loud more than once...set the TiVo to record the season. :-)
[Reply]
Brutus2600 08:25 AM 09-17-2010
If you liked last night's episode Tom, do yourself a favor and rent/download/stream the first 5 seasons. Like I said, last night's was funny, but there have been much funnier episodes in previous seasons where I've laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. It's a rare show that can actually do that.
[Reply]
RightAJ 09:04 AM 09-17-2010
I love Sunny! This opener wasn't their best, but still very funny. I'm also a huge fan of The League which comes on right after... if you haven't seen it catch up on the first season it was classic

aj
[Reply]
icehog3 01:21 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
If you liked last night's episode Tom, do yourself a favor and rent/download/stream the first 5 seasons. Like I said, last night's was funny, but there have been much funnier episodes in previous seasons where I've laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. It's a rare show that can actually do that.
Looks like I am looking at Amazon tonight, Brian. :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 01:53 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I got season 1-4 on dvd and the Christmas special. I you want to barrow any let me know.

Big fan of the series and I thought the season opener was pretty good.
[Reply]
Tripp 02:08 PM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by Coz77:
and whats up with all the product placement?
I'll start by saying this has been my favorite show since somewhere around the beginning of season 3.

There has been product placement for a while, but it was never more blatant than last night(except the D&B Ep). IT seemes like in previous episodes, Coors Light was a sponsor, with the sign in the window, and they were occasionally drinking them. Though previously they were just sort of there. Last night, every time Coors was on screen, the label was facing camera, and then the Sunny/Coors contest was a little obvious too.

Earlier today on his Twitter, Glenn Howerton(Dennis)sort of threw a fit , saying that he feels like it makes the show more realistic, and they didn't even pay Subway, and just allowed to shoot there. He also said that they don't get to make these decisions, and its standard for TV shows. It may seem more realistic to him, but to me, it feels sort of like a commercial, and to be honest, I don't need Sunny to be realistic anyway.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:34 PM 09-17-2010
I have watched some of the earlier seasons off and on. Really need to see all of them. One funny a$$ show.
[Reply]
Eleven 07:23 PM 09-18-2010
The product placement seemed to fit in with the commercials they ran where Coors Light is having a Sunny contest.

I got no probs with the product placement.

Its hard for a show to maintain that original 'edge', especially something as zany and off the wall as Sunny. I remember thinking "wtf is Danny Devito doing on this show? They don't need him" And now I can't imagine it without him.

(btw, same thing with The League, no way it can match the first season, it was amazing)
[Reply]
montecristo#2 07:44 PM 09-18-2010
Originally Posted by Eleven:
The product placement seemed to fit in with the commercials they ran where Coors Light is having a Sunny contest.

I got no probs with the product placement.

Its hard for a show to maintain that original 'edge', especially something as zany and off the wall as Sunny. I remember thinking "wtf is Danny Devito doing on this show? They don't need him" And now I can't imagine it without him.

(btw, same thing with The League, no way it can match the first season, it was amazing)
Rosterbating - I literally fell off my couch laughing. Ochocinco was pretty good as well. :-)

Sunny wasn't the best episode and the Coors 12 packs on the bar in the beginning was a little much for me, but still worth it. Even with last season, a few episodes were great, but hard to live up to the past.
[Reply]
safariguy 07:51 AM 09-19-2010
I love this show. I too thought the opener was not as over the top as some of the others, but I seem to recall thinking the same thing last year. My theory is that they don't want to drive away first time veiwers who tune in for the season opener.

There is a whole seiries of behind the scenes videos on Hulu right now. The seem to indicate that in future episodes, there will be plenty of "edge" coming up. One of my favorite things about this show is that it brings back characters from earlier epsisodes and has lot of running gags. The Tranny is a perfect example. It looks like later this season the McPoyle's are back!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/170365/its...iew#s-p1-sr-i0
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:10 AM 09-19-2010
premier was weak.

I have watched that show since day 1... by far the worst episode!
[Reply]
icehog3 09:27 AM 09-19-2010
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
premier was weak.

I have watched that show since day 1... by far the worst episode!
Then I can't wait too see all the old seasons, 'cause I laughed my ass off! :-)
[Reply]
tenbaseg 10:11 AM 09-19-2010
I have a couple seasons on DVD if you want to borrow them. Let me know if you're interested. You can always make a "backup" incase something happened.
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:25 AM 09-19-2010
Sunny is one of the few shows where I will literally "LOL". Great show, but I've only seen a handful of episodes. I may have to p/u past seasons as well. www.hulu.com used to have full episodes on line, but right now, they don't.
[Reply]
Salvelinus 10:28 AM 09-19-2010
Love this show. I don't have fx so I am relegated to waiting for the dvd's to come out. It is consistently hilarious, you can't expect every episode to be great.
[Reply]
montecristo#2 10:48 AM 09-19-2010
At least in the past, not sure if it has changed, they used to have all of the episodes on fx.com. Might check there as well.
[Reply]
Kreth 11:05 AM 09-19-2010
Originally Posted by Salvelinus:
It is consistently hilarious, you can't expect every episode to be great.
:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 12:46 PM 09-19-2010
Then I can't wait too see all the old seasons, 'cause I laughed my ass off! :-)
i thought it was pretty funny too. anytime dee gags cracks me up.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up