Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Welcome to heating season!!!
shilala 06:38 AM 09-10-2010
It was 56 outside and 67 inside this morning. I've been relying on baking and big fish tank lights to keep me from freezing up till now, but they're no longer cutting it.
I relented and turned the heat on.
Who else has caved? Anyone as big a cold wussy as I am?
[Reply]
rrplasencia 06:40 AM 09-10-2010
no i think it's just you :-) throw some empty boxes into a fire pit
[Reply]
neoflex 06:42 AM 09-10-2010
I'm still running A/C:-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:42 AM 09-10-2010
Sorry Scott, I love the cold.
67 might make me shut the ac, but I would still need a fan.
[Reply]
joeobx 06:43 AM 09-10-2010
Left the house in shorts to run by work.....was chilly, but no heat yet.
[Reply]
14holestogie 06:45 AM 09-10-2010
I (and the little woman, especially) are with you, Scott. Anytime it gets 68 or below in the house, the heat is gonna be kicking in.

Seems the comfort zone goes up a degree every heating season. I think we'll be at 74* this year. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 06:54 AM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by rrplasencia:
There's an idea. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 06:56 AM 09-10-2010
My window is wide open this morning, as I drink my coffee and prepare myself for a crappy day of work!!!

It must just be you, Cupcake!!!
:-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 06:56 AM 09-10-2010
and on another note, to make sure you are getting the best from your system, make sure your filters are clean and free flowing, and a HVAC duct cleaning can save you money in the long run, making your furnace more efficient, saving you dough for more cigars!

(and uh.. Lighters, and stuff... and er.. Rum.. and.. uh.. nice surprises for the wife, and... you get the idea.)
[Reply]
newcigarz 06:58 AM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by rrplasencia:
especially the ones with a lot of lacquer. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 07:05 AM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
and on another note, to make sure you are getting the best from your system, make sure your filters are clean and free flowing, and a HVAC duct cleaning can save you money in the long run, making your furnace more efficient, saving you dough for more cigars!

(and uh.. Lighters, and stuff... and er.. Rum.. and.. uh.. nice surprises for the wife, and... you get the idea.)
I have a boiler, so I just set the couch on fire. I did look under the cushions for stuff, first. Someone beat me to all the good stuff. :-)
[Reply]
Steve 07:08 AM 09-10-2010
Yea, we're cooling off big time down here!

From NOAA:

Today: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 92. Humidity: 90%. North wind around 6 mph.

Tonight: A 10 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 75. East wind at 6 mph becoming south.

:-)
[Reply]
shilala 07:12 AM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
I (and the little woman, especially) are with you, Scott. Anytime it gets 68 or below in the house, the heat is gonna be kicking in.

Seems the comfort zone goes up a degree every heating season. I think we'll be at 74* this year. :-)
I made it to 74 last year, Tim. Lisa likes it at 68, or some ridiculous sh1t like that. I can't talk her into moving to Florida, either.
I'm gonna build myself a mobile sunlamp sippy cup hat and keep it full of hot coffee. :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 07:14 AM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
I made it to 74 last year, Tim. Lisa likes it at 68, or some ridiculous sh1t like that. I can't talk her into moving to Florida, either.
I'm gonna build myself a mobile sunlamp sippy cup hat and keep it full of hot coffee. :-)
Just become a damn snowbird. Than you'll both be happy.
[Reply]
shilala 08:05 AM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
Just become a damn snowbird. Than you'll both be happy.
I'm feel in ya, brother. :-)
[Reply]
jmsremax 08:08 AM 09-10-2010
Wayyy to early for that. I love the fall for the foliage, football, and days when you can leave the windows open and have a nice breeze.
[Reply]
hotreds 08:17 AM 09-10-2010
[Reply]
jmsremax 08:24 AM 09-10-2010
I can't wait to sled.....pic from last year.

[Reply]
TheTraveler 08:29 AM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
Wayyy to early for that. I love the fall for the foliage, football, and days when you can leave the windows open and have a nice breeze.
:-) It's perfect "leave-the-windows-open" weather down here! :-)

We had cool, pleasant weather last weekend - the first real harbinger of fall. Summer may have one or two weeks of heat left up it's sleeve but in my book Fall has already given Summer the middle finger and a big, fat "Get the F&*K out of my way!". :-)

Can't wait for fall.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 08:29 AM 09-10-2010
HEATING!!!! :-) :-) :-)

Yesterday was the first day in months it's cooled off enough here to open the windows up for a bit early in the morning.

Of course, I have to shut them again around 10am when the air kicks on. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up