Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>ManO'War Virtue
longknocker 04:55 PM 08-18-2010
Anyone Tried This New Release? Sounded Interesting On Cigar.com. Thanks!:-)
[Reply]
DropTheE 05:01 PM 08-18-2010
I enjoyed it. I had the toro. Is cigar selling by single only or by box. CI is doing the single only thing. Cbid you can get five packs for a good deal and try them out.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:04 PM 08-18-2010
Originally Posted by DropTheE:
I enjoyed it. I had the toro. Is cigar selling by single only or by box. CI is doing the single only thing. Cbid you can get five packs for a good deal and try them out.
Is It As Advertised? I.E. Less Full Bodied Than The Original MOW & Ruination?
Worthy Of A Box?

Thanks!:-)

Here's The Site:
http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewciga...=820&mc=CG0005
[Reply]
Bax 05:12 PM 08-18-2010
Just had one about a week ago...or should I say weak ago :-)

This is a very mild cigar. I am not a full body cigar lover and I still found it lacking. I've got one more to try so we'll see how it goes but for right now a box is something that I would avoid.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:13 PM 08-18-2010
Originally Posted by Bax:
Just had one about a week ago...or should I say weak ago :-)

This is a very mild cigar. I am not a full body cigar lover and I still found it lacking. I've got one more to try so we'll see how it goes but for right now a box is something that I would avoid.
Thanks! I Like FB Sticks Most Of The Time, So Probably Not In My Flavor Profile.:-):-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 05:22 PM 08-18-2010
I really want to try one of these!

If you do get some, please review!
[Reply]
Sr Mike 05:42 PM 08-18-2010
I was gifted one of these, found it to be a mild strength, medium body smoke. Had some descent qualities, the flavors were rather consistent, but did not become boring. I would certainly age a couple, I think they have good potential. I prefer full body cigars and I enjoyed the MOW Virtue I had.
[Reply]
Ratters 05:51 PM 08-18-2010
I found it to taste like a bland MOW. I really like the MOW and the Ruination, don't see a need to smoke another Virtue.
[Reply]
maninblack 09:28 PM 08-18-2010
I like my sticks to be ass kickers so this would not be up my alley. I'll stick with the ruinations, they are awesome smokes!
[Reply]
rgrecco 10:00 PM 08-18-2010
Well... I usually like my smokes to be Full Bodied... But I really enjoyed this Milder version of the MOW...

I will let the pictures do the talking...

(sorry about the quality its a cellphone camera)

[Reply]
Chingas 10:30 PM 08-18-2010
Greg, its a nice change of pace but certainly mild. Not mild to med, just mild.

But if it's breakfast time, you got a coffee in hand and the morning dew is just drying off the freshly cut grass, than this is a great stick to fit the bill. I wish I still had one lying around, just gifted my last out, otherwise I'd love to make use of that addy of yours!
[Reply]
jimmyk26 11:05 PM 08-18-2010
I just picked up some of the Lonsdales, and they are fantastic! Rich and nutty with a nice sweetness to them, I am going to pick up a box when I am Bethlehem, PA next week. I can't say much about the other sizes, but if you can find some Londsdales, I don't think you'll be disappointed. These are a great addition to the MOW line, we just need them to come up more often on sale.
[Reply]
MrPlatypus 12:08 AM 08-19-2010
If it's anything like a lighter cousin of a Man O' War Torpedo or Ruination Belicoso, it's definitely going in the top 3 of the (ever expanding) "To Smoke" list. Adore the MOW line, and if this is anything like the rest of their work, I'll probably love it.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:09 AM 08-19-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Greg, its a nice change of pace but certainly mild. Not mild to med, just mild.

But if it's breakfast time, you got a coffee in hand and the morning dew is just drying off the freshly cut grass, than this is a great stick to fit the bill. I wish I still had one lying around, just gifted my last out, otherwise I'd love to make use of that addy of yours!
:-) You've Already Done Enough, Brother!:-) Thanks For The Advice, All!:-)
[Reply]
jbuck 04:34 AM 08-19-2010
The Virtue is full bodied. I was surprised at the punch it has. I don' like it as much as the traditional ruination
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 07:31 PM 09-29-2011
Smoked one tonight. It was my second one that I smoked. I wanted to try it again and give it another go because the first time it was rather mild for my tastes. Again, it was quite mild, but gave off a lot good smoke. Had a good even burn all the way through with no touch ups needed. Not a bad smoke but not one that I would go out of my way for again. I would rate it average by my taste. I hear that the Armada is really good. Gonna try and get my hands on one someday soon...
[Reply]
ktblunden 08:14 PM 09-29-2011
It's extremely mild. It would be a nice stick for beginners, but I honestly didn't find enough substance there to want to go back. The Puro Authentico is, in my opinion, the best thing Man O' War makes.
[Reply]
Enphrared 06:06 AM 09-30-2011
Good post! I just got one in a sampler. I'll let that baby sit for 3-4mo.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:08 AM 09-30-2011
Originally Posted by ktblunden:
It's extremely mild. It would be a nice stick for beginners, but I honestly didn't find enough substance there to want to go back. The Puro Authentico is, in my opinion, the best thing Man O' War makes.
Absolutely, I just received a 10 box e-mail offer from CI for the Puros. I might sell my golf clubs to buy a couple boxes of these great sticks!!!:-)

The virtue is my least favorite MOW, the Puro is in my top 10.
The virtue doesn't offer me anything I crave, a great smoke for a beginner though like you fellas stated!
[Reply]
WittyUserName 06:16 AM 09-30-2011
I have smoked a couple and have not been impressed. Very mild smoke, not much to it at all.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up