Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Sports>Phoenix Area Golfers
kgoings 02:40 PM 08-02-2010
Just looking for some people to go golfing with. Wondering if any the Asylum members were regular golfers.
[Reply]
kgoings 06:18 PM 08-03-2010
no one??? :-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 06:22 PM 08-03-2010
If I golfed I'd be all over it brother. Unfortunately I do not
[Reply]
E.J. 07:54 PM 08-03-2010
Hopefully I can visit and play Troon North (I am sure there are better places, but it has been a "bucket list thing" for me since the mid 90's). , catch the Avs beat the 'Yotes and the Jazz beat the Suns all in a weekend.....

SLC is too far away to get a regular foursome.......:-):-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 09:37 AM 08-04-2010
Ok first off... the Avs will never beat anyone.... EVER! And second, as an Avs fan you are not allowed to enter this state. LOL :-)

Oh Yeah... GO WINGS :-)
[Reply]
stewshi 10:00 AM 08-04-2010
Depends .... whats you handicap cause i dont want to be embarrassed :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 10:52 AM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by stewshi:
Depends .... whats you handicap cause i dont want to be embarrassed :-)
LOL I an a golf newb.
[Reply]
14holestogie 11:06 AM 08-04-2010
I'm a one week a year resident that would love to get together for a round and a smoke with you Kirk.

This year I'm double dipping and getting a second. The week of Oct 17th-24th will see me back in Scottsdale. I'll be in touch if you're still interested. :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 11:45 AM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
I'm a one week a year resident that would love to get together for a round and a smoke with you Kirk.

This year I'm double dipping and getting a second. The week of Oct 17th-24th will see me back in Scottsdale. I'll be in touch if you're still interested. :-)
For sure! My B-Day is the 26th and my wife's is the 20th..maybe we will plan a Birthday bash while your here.
[Reply]
stewshi 09:14 PM 08-04-2010
I will be free after the 20th of August hopefully the weather will turn nice ... k second question what courses have you played before? Most my money these days go to cigars :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 09:16 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by stewshi:
I will be free after the 20th of August hopefully the weather will turn nice ... k second question what courses have you played before? Most my money these days go to cigars :-)
I played Foothills a couple weeks ago for $19, club west for $25 (included breakfast), and longbow for I think $25. Vistal is $14 right now, never golfed there but some coworkers have and they say its nice. Maybe if we get a couple others we have a golf herf!
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:44 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by kgoings:
I played Foothills a couple weeks ago for $19, club west for $25 (included breakfast), and longbow for I think $25. Vistal is $14 right now, never golfed there but some coworkers have and they say its nice. Maybe if we get a couple others we have a golf herf!
I don't know the courses, but that's some killer rates! I'm sure summer is the off-season, but still....:-)
[Reply]
kgoings 09:50 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
I don't know the courses, but that's some killer rates! I'm sure summer is the off-season, but still....:-)
They are some NICE courses, of course it is freakin HOT!

Foothills
http://www.thefoothillsgc.com/foothi...=189&page=7079

Vistal
http://www.vistalgolfclub.com/
[Reply]
14holestogie 12:38 AM 08-05-2010
One of the great appeals of Phoenix area golf, summer rates usually start May 1st and go through mid-September. Lots of nice courses you can play for under $30.

ASU/Karsten and Red Mountain are a couple of must plays (both Pete Dye courses). Superstition Springs has a lot of great lunch and golf deals.
Viewpoint is a nice wide open track. Lots of options, minimal cash required.

It's good I don't actually live there. I'd never get anything done. :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 10:20 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
One of the great appeals of Phoenix area golf, summer rates usually start May 1st and go through mid-September. Lots of nice courses you can play for under $30.

ASU/Karsten and Red Mountain are a couple of must plays (both Pete Dye courses). Superstition Springs has a lot of great lunch and golf deals.
Viewpoint is a nice wide open track. Lots of options, minimal cash required.

It's good I don't actually live there. I'd never get anything done. :-)
What are prices going to be like when your here? Since I am new.
[Reply]
14holestogie 10:34 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by kgoings:
What are prices going to be like when your here? Since I am new.
I'm a little curious myself. I'm hoping there will still be some deals available in late October. You'd think the winter rates (peak) wouldn't kick in until November or later.
[Reply]
kgoings 03:34 PM 08-06-2010
Played foothills today, got my first 3 pars! :-) This is my third time playing. Not really true, I tried playing golf 10 years ago and went out 5 to 7 times. I am sure I hit some pars back then but I can't remember.
[Reply]
kgoings 02:43 PM 08-14-2010
Hitting Club West tomorrow morning! :-)
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 11:36 AM 08-15-2010
Every played Stonecreek? It is by PV Mall at Cactus and Tatum. I'm not sure what prices are now, but it is probably in the $30ish.

I think work my slow a bit in the next couple of weeks, so I'd be up for a round! Feel free to drop a PM, but if I know of a few days where I will be open, I'll send a note.
[Reply]
kgoings 11:52 AM 10-13-2010
14holestogie and I are going golfing next week when he comes to town. Who's down?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up