Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Moving to Clemson, SC
Powers 02:15 PM 07-26-2010
Howdy all! I'm from Gainesville, Fl born n' bred and attended the University of Florida for the past four years, getting a BA in History. However, I will be leaving my native Sunshine State to attend Graduate school at Clemson University this fall. I've thoroughly enjoyed herfin' and getting to know the Swamp Ash crew and CCHC, and I owe them for pushing me down this slippery slope in the first place. :-)

Anyhow, I'll be moved into Clemson by August 12th and was hoping to check in with any Palmetto State BOTLs and put some feelers out for a possible herf sometime in the fall.

Look forward to hearing from ya'll and living in beautiful South Carolina

:-)
[Reply]
TripleF 02:17 PM 07-26-2010
All my best bro!!!

Look forward to seeing you in November at EPIC III :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:19 PM 07-26-2010
Graduate School in Death Valley? What, you couldn't get into a real school? :-)

Just kidding, of course . . . what else would one expect from an old Tar Heel like me? Best of luck to you in your new digs.
[Reply]
BigAsh 02:20 PM 07-26-2010
Good luck Michael! :-)
[Reply]
CheapHumidors 02:48 PM 07-26-2010
I'll be thinking of ya' while we're here in Tampa and you're busting out the snow plow :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 03:25 PM 07-26-2010
Nuttin but the best for ya Mikey :-)

And all the Palmetto State brothers I've had any interaction with are all top notch. Ted, Jamie, Joey, Rob, etc, etc. Plenty of good guys up that way.
[Reply]
rhmalone 03:35 PM 07-26-2010
Have a safe move, and hope the transition to grad school goes well.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:57 PM 07-26-2010
Little Richie... a truly heartfelt... I am going to miss ya brother!!! You are a solid Gator. If there was a herf you were here even if it meant driving down after work several hours after the "official" start time. You will be a great addition to the Clemson campus and I hope you can find a "Tackle Box North!!!"
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:02 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
Anyhow, I'll be moved into Clemson by August 12th and was hoping to check in with any Palmetto State BOTLs and put some feelers out for a possible herf sometime in the fall.
The guys in Columbia herf each week. Pick one! :-)

Welcome to PSHC teritorry!
[Reply]
longknocker 04:09 PM 07-26-2010
Best of luck to you, Michael!:-) I hope to see you every year @ Epic, Brother!:-)
[Reply]
TripleF 04:51 PM 07-26-2010
Forgot to mention.......I'm proud of ya bro!!!
[Reply]
Steve 04:56 PM 07-26-2010
Good luck Bro...we'll miss ya down here.
[Reply]
Powers 02:13 PM 07-27-2010
Thanks for all the best wishes gentlemen. One thing i won't miss is this Florida humidity!
[Reply]
jmsremax 02:16 PM 07-27-2010
Best of luck at Clemson and I can't wait for BC to roll you guys over in the fall. :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 02:19 PM 07-27-2010
BC doesn't play the Gators this fall... Silly boy, once a Gator always a Gator no matter where you are!!! Besides, Mike wouldn't waste his time watching that stuff the call football in the ACC.
[Reply]
jmsremax 02:29 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
BC doesn't play the Gators this fall... Silly boy, once a Gator always a Gator no matter where you are!!! Besides, Mike wouldn't waste his time watching that stuff the call football in the ACC.
Ouch Brent way to stomp on BC football. :-)

Oh well, at least they won the title in hockey :-)
[Reply]
Powers 03:08 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Amen on both accounts bro! I'll always bleed orange n' blue! Indeed, the only ACC game i'll watch is if Clemson is playin' :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:13 PM 07-27-2010
you will be back in FL for EPIC right?
[Reply]
Powers 03:43 PM 07-27-2010
Most assuredly. I'll be fiending for Brents BBQ so bad by that time i'll have to come :-)
three days of good cigars and even better BOTLs won't be so bad either!
[Reply]
longknocker 03:46 PM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320:
Most assuredly. I'll be fiending for Brents BBQ so bad by that time i'll have to come :-)
three days of good cigars and even better BOTLs won't be so bad either!
:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up