Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Arturo Fuente Sun Grown Rosado magnum R52
Don Fernando 10:22 AM 07-06-2010
I was never really into Fuente cigars but I smoked a few very nice Fuente's recently including the Queen B and that combined with my love for rosado wrappers made me very curious about the latest Fuente release, the Arturo Fuente Sungrown Rosado series. I smoked the magnum R52 today, a 5x52 robusto. They are available on the Dutch market for € 8.50.

This slightly box pressed cigar has a cellophane wrapper which prevents damage during transport. The reddish Ecuadorian sungrown Sumatra rosado wrapper is mild oily and has lots of small veins. It looks great. The construction feels good and the cigar has a mild barnyard aroma. I punched the cigar and got a great draw which released a mild raisin flavor.

I taste a nice mixture of earthy flavors combined with cedar and every now and then some sweetness. After an inch I also taste a hint of chocolate an some nuts with the wood and earthy flavors.

The nut flavor gains some strength after an inch and a half. Halfway I also taste a herbal spice. The mild chocolate flavor has disappeared by then. The nut flavor becomes dominant with a nice background of earth and a herbal spiciness.

This cigar lasted me 70 minutes from start to nub. I got a decent amount of white smoke. At the beginning the cigar burned a bit crooked but it corrected itself. The ash is firm and light colored. I would call this cigar full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Absolutely!

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:24 AM 07-06-2010
Great review and awesome pics!!!:-)

I love the Queen B!!! It is somewhat affordable and an enjoyable cigar!!!

[Reply]
OHRD 11:24 AM 07-06-2010
Great review Don, I have one of these resting, but it may not last much longer...
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:55 PM 07-06-2010
Damn fine review Ferdie!! :-)
[Reply]
cc jefe 01:44 PM 07-06-2010
Great review :-), Mag R line has quickly become a staple in my line up. I especially love the Mag R 52, it is an excellent smoke for sure. :-)
[Reply]
e-man67 02:33 PM 07-06-2010
Don, I usually agree with your reviews but this stick just didn't cut it for me. I found it very bland and boring...maybe I should try again.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:31 PM 07-06-2010
Thanks for the review brother... I will check this one out as I do enjoy the marca.
[Reply]
mcmoyer 03:44 PM 07-06-2010
Very nice review!! I just walked through the door with a fiver from my local B&M.

:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 03:47 PM 07-12-2010
I liked this cigar as well. Thanks for the review brother.
[Reply]
Ogre 04:19 PM 07-12-2010
I have enjoyed all the other AFs, guess I need to try this one!!
[Reply]
Tio Gato 11:57 AM 07-13-2010
Great review, I just picked one yesterday, may have to run back for more.
[Reply]
Volt 12:02 PM 07-13-2010
MMMMM AF Queen, King B, King T - all very good IMO. Love a rosado wrapper. The SG is also a new favorite of mine and easier to get than the King B.
[Reply]
warren G. 02:03 PM 07-13-2010
Sweet review...
[Reply]
hank_612 06:52 PM 07-13-2010
The 52 has become my go to. I have smoked 8 boxes already. My only complaint would be the tend to heat up and get salty toward the end sometimes. Best new stick of 2009 IMHO
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:05 PM 07-13-2010
Thanks for the good review and photo's on this cigar Ferdinand:-)

[Reply]
Salvelinus 07:09 PM 07-13-2010
Just picked one of these up last weekend. Looking forward to trying it now. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:51 AM 06-17-2011
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I was never really into Fuente cigars but I smoked a few very nice Fuente's recently including the Queen B and that combined with my love for rosado wrappers made me very curious about the latest Fuente release, the Arturo Fuente Sungrown Rosado series. I smoked the magnum R52 today, a 5x52 robusto. They are available on the Dutch market for € 8.50.

This slightly box pressed cigar has a cellophane wrapper which prevents damage during transport. The reddish Ecuadorian sungrown Sumatra rosado wrapper is mild oily and has lots of small veins. It looks great. The construction feels good and the cigar has a mild barnyard aroma. I punched the cigar and got a great draw which released a mild raisin flavor.

I taste a nice mixture of earthy flavors combined with cedar and every now and then some sweetness. After an inch I also taste a hint of chocolate an some nuts with the wood and earthy flavors.

The nut flavor gains some strength after an inch and a half. Halfway I also taste a herbal spice. The mild chocolate flavor has disappeared by then. The nut flavor becomes dominant with a nice background of earth and a herbal spiciness.

This cigar lasted me 70 minutes from start to nub. I got a decent amount of white smoke. At the beginning the cigar burned a bit crooked but it corrected itself. The ash is firm and light colored. I would call this cigar full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Absolutely!

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
Smoked One Just Now, Ferdie! Awesome Morning Smoke! Thanks Again For The Great Review, Brother!
[Reply]
Duke9192 08:34 PM 06-17-2011
Great pics & nice review. I need to pick one up & give it a try.
[Reply]
Bageland2000 11:34 PM 10-11-2011
Originally Posted by e-man67:
Don, I usually agree with your reviews but this stick just didn't cut it for me. I found it very bland and boring...maybe I should try again.
You should, this is in my top 5 brothah
[Reply]
688sonarmen 03:18 AM 10-12-2011
One of my favorite A.F's!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up