Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Sports>Serious Football Withdrawl!!
SaltyMcGee 03:00 PM 06-03-2010
Need.........football. Can't deal! I'm going through the DT's, sweats, fever, rash etc.

I NEED MY FOOTBALL! (And no, baseball does not cut it for me!)

HELP!!!!:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
DBall 03:03 PM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by SaltyMcGee:
Need.........football. Can't deal! I'm going through the DT's, sweats, fever, rash etc.

Concur.

Baseball, basketball, etc., etc. just doesn't do it. Why do they get 170 games per team per season and we get, like 16?

Sheesh.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:19 PM 06-03-2010
Suck it up, Buttercup. :-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 03:23 PM 06-03-2010
Hey! Why not focus on the Stanley Cup for the time being? :-)
[Reply]
DBall 04:35 PM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Hey! Why not focus on the Stanley Cup for the time being? :-)
Who's Stanley and why would I care about his cup? Ewwwww.
[Reply]
galaga 05:49 PM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
:-)
I'm glad I'm not teasing Tom about Stanley and his cup. He'd kick my azz next time I saw him. Something about him being a Black Hawk rooter....

ps that wasn't meant to be aussie slang....:-)
[Reply]
MarioF 05:59 PM 06-03-2010
I watch a lot of different sports but football is the one I love the most. Spring is always the toughest. Luckily I just found out that my son and I got passes to go the Redskins OTA's on Monday. That should help get me thru the next couple of months.
[Reply]
pnoon 06:10 PM 06-03-2010
Serious Football Withdraw????

Tell me about it. The English Premier League recently ended their season. Thank goodness the World Cup starts next week. One full month of world class football.
[Reply]
DBall 06:29 PM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by galaga:
I'm glad I'm not teasing Tom about Stanley and his cup. He'd kick my azz next time I saw him. Something about him being a Black Hawk rooter....

ps that wasn't meant to be aussie slang....:-)
Don't worry... Tom's afraid of me. He knows we'll be arm wrestling at Shack this year.

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
SaltyMcGee 08:32 PM 06-03-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Serious Football Withdraw????

Tell me about it. The English Premier League recently ended their season. Thank goodness the World Cup starts next week. One full month of world class football.
I meant REAL football! Not the silly game where whiney skinny guys pretend to get hurt every five seconds, no one ever scores and the clock is kept by the ref on the field! :-)

(Actually I loved playing soccer all through my childhood, just have never been able to get into watching the pro game)
[Reply]
fhrblig 09:24 PM 06-03-2010

Well, in the beginning of July you can do what I do to ward off the football DTs. Watch CFL games.

*crickets*

Yeah, I know. I'm not kidding, though. A couple of years ago while I was still a delivery driver in the evenings, I stumbled upon the broadcast of a CFL game on Sirius. I didn't even know they carried it. I was bored to tears so I decided to listen to it, and lo and behold it was a great game (don't remember who was playing though.) The rest of that season, every game was just as entertaining and it acted as the methadone to my NFL heroin (BRONCOS NATION!!!!) I even managed to figure out the 'rouge' without looking the rules up!

I should mention that I'm crazy enough about football to watch nearly any pro football league. I watched the UFL last year (and will this year too), some XFL games, and watched NFL Europe/World League from the time it started when I was in high school to when it ended. Never got into Arena football, not sure why.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:50 AM 06-04-2010

Don't worry... Tom's afraid of me. He knows we'll be arm wrestling at Shack this year.

:-):-):-)
For Davidoffs? :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:15 AM 06-04-2010
Baseball RULES!!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
SaltyMcGee 12:43 PM 06-04-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Baseball RULES!!! :-) :-)
Tooooooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooooowwwww.... :-)
[Reply]
DBall 02:20 PM 06-04-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
For Davidoffs? :-)
I've been 100% out of Davi's for a while now. Luckily, I won't need them because I've been lifting. My arm is, like, 11" around now. It's OK if that makes you tremble in fear, Tom, I understand... hahahahaha. :-):-):-)

(seriously, though... I just measured my "bicep". 11"... hahaha! The sad part is, I'm actually excited about that. Unfortunately, that's probably the size of Tom's wrist.)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:38 PM 06-04-2010
I've been 100% out of Davi's for a while now. Luckily, I won't need them because I've been lifting. My arm is, like, 11" around now. It's OK if that makes you tremble in fear, Tom, I understand... hahahahaha. :-):-):-)

(seriously, though... I just measured my "bicep". 11"... hahaha! The sad part is, I'm actually excited about that. Unfortunately, that's probably the size of Tom's wrist.)
You are getting there, Dan....OK, we can arm wrestle for Ninfas. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 03:51 PM 06-04-2010
Tooooooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooooowwwww.... :-)
Baseball's too slow? You mean, unlike football, where they stand around in a cluster half the time, present themselves like dogs in heat half the rest of the time, and for which you have to endure 5 minutes of commercials for every 30 seconds of actual action? Well, I guess you can always tune in Arena Football.

Oh, wait . . . that died from lack of interest. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 04:28 PM 06-04-2010
Hang in there.
Pre-season is just around the corner (past a hurricane or two).:-)
[Reply]
SaltyMcGee 01:36 PM 08-06-2010
Hall of Fame Game this weekend. Fantasy drafts being scheduled. Buckeyes play in 27 days. THANK GOD!!!!
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:45 PM 08-06-2010
Hall of Fame Game (Cincinnati vs. Dallas) is at 8pm (ET) on the 8th.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up