Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Faces of Meth
neoflex 03:32 PM 03-11-2010
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/wgh...9.photogallery
[Reply]
Darrell 03:40 PM 03-11-2010
:-)

What's up with all the sores on their faces?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 03:42 PM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
:-)

What's up with all the sores on their faces?
One reason for this is because users often feel like they have bugs under their skin and they obsessively pick at their skin until a sore forms. Also, acne appears on their skin because of poor hygiene and because blood is restricted from the vessels. Along with picking on these acne spots and the hallucination of bugs, sores take longer to heal.

Looks like the dude in the last pics also took some Rogaine. Or maybe meth regrows hair! Hmmmm :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 03:44 PM 03-11-2010
Yeah.......that's more than enough reasons to not touch that stuff.
[Reply]
mithrilG60 03:45 PM 03-11-2010
One of the side effects of drugs like meth is hyper-stimulation of the skin's nerve endings. To many people this give a sensation like insect crawling under your skin. They get the sores from obsessively picking at their skin trying to get rid of the "bugs". It doesn't help that long-term use of meth produces psychosis which makes this behaviour worse.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:16 PM 03-11-2010
Pic 29-30 is hiliarious.:-) Not funny that she became addicted to meth, but the transformation in appearance in general.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:26 PM 03-11-2010
These people had a issues before the meth addiction hence the "before" police photos. Very sad, but sometimes we have to make our own bed if you know what I mean.
[Reply]
BigFrank 04:30 PM 03-11-2010
crazy
[Reply]
blugill 04:33 PM 03-11-2010
That is one drug I'd never tangle with, ever.
I'll stick to caffeine, nicotine, and the occasional scotch:-)
[Reply]
Razorhog 04:43 PM 03-11-2010
I've seen this before, very scary. Had a friend that died from meth use.
[Reply]
floydpink 04:47 PM 03-11-2010
I was gonna comment that some look like the junkies around Florida and noticed it is Hillborough County Sherriff, so it IS the junkies around here.

Glad the stuff wasn't around when I was running wild, or at least i never saw it.

Not sure why, but meth is unfortunately popular with the redneck hillbilly crowd. Maybe it's cheap?
[Reply]
CEC_Tech 05:02 PM 03-11-2010
I understand it's cheap to make and can be made from household items. My wife works at as a pharmacy tech, and all drugs like sudafed can only be purchase a box at a time and you have to submit your drivers license. It's an ingredient of meth apparently.
[Reply]
G G 05:06 PM 03-11-2010
That is one bad drug. read a book about it a while back, and it totally changes your brain chemistry, which all drugs do but meth does in one month what it takes takes coke a year or more to do.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:11 PM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Glad the stuff wasn't around when I was running wild, or at least i never saw it.
Meth (speed, crank, glass, ice) has been around for a long, long time.

Methamphetamine (MA), a variant of amphetamine, was first synthesized in Japan in 1893 by Nagayoshi Nagai.
[Reply]
G G 05:13 PM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Meth (speed, crank, glass, ice) has been around for a long, long time.

Methamphetamine (MA), a variant of amphetamine, was first synthesized in Japan in 1893 by Nagayoshi Nagai.
So that's what was wrong with uncle Bill.:-)
[Reply]
rhmalone 05:18 PM 03-11-2010
Imagine the stories behind the eyes.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 05:31 PM 03-11-2010
I've seen these pictures before... and I've seen more than my fair share of meth addicts. I minored in addiction studies, and the topic methamphetamine was my final piece for that class.
[Reply]
cort 05:46 PM 03-11-2010
Mmmmmm meth faces:-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:52 PM 03-11-2010
Scary stuff...I am thankful to have never been around anything like that
[Reply]
sodomanaz 06:01 AM 03-12-2010
Originally Posted by floydpink:
I was gonna comment that some look like the junkies around Florida and noticed it is Hillborough County Sherriff, so it IS the junkies around here.

Not sure why, but meth is unfortunately popular with the redneck hillbilly crowd. Maybe it's cheap?
I dunno, but I was surprised the first few times I heard that Montana was the meth capital of the world. ND is pretty high on the list too.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up