Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>My first tattoo
tx_tuff 12:47 PM 03-11-2010
I put these in the show your tatoo thread but since it was my first I figured it could use its own thread LOL.

Me and my wife got the tattoos in Jan for our one year wedding anniversary. I have been wanting one for a long time but had to find the right guy to do it. I wanted it hand drawn on my leg with no stencil. Found the right guy and set it up, he worked about 5 hours on me, 3 and a half doing ink work.

Drawing outline

Inking the outline

Outline completed

Starting the color

And finished
[Reply]
tx_tuff 12:50 PM 03-11-2010
Couple more shots of the finished tattoo and also the wife's tattoo

Wife's tattoo. Hers was stenciled but the he did the drawing right then, was one of a kind.

[Reply]
1badhog07 01:09 PM 03-11-2010
nice work,cant stay at just one,they get very addictive..
[Reply]
kenstogie 01:13 PM 03-11-2010
I think that tats are very cool but can't think of anything I want on my body for ever. Nice work.
[Reply]
sikk50 01:40 PM 03-11-2010
Tattoos are like crack. I hear the needle or smell that sterile smell and start getting antsy. I'm always looking forward to the next time I can get ink
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:48 PM 03-11-2010
Some great coloring on them. You will want #2 very soon.
[Reply]
Wanger 06:24 AM 03-12-2010
Nice work there!

Damn you for posting this, though...the wife and I were talking about it a couple days ago...she's got the itch for a new one, and now so do I. Still planning on turning the 2 on my right arm into at least a half sleeve, at some point. :-)

Truly addictive, IMO. After I got my first, I was trying to figure out what I wanted next, even before I left the shop. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:43 AM 03-12-2010
I would love to get my High School mascot (Elder Panther Head) tattoed on me, but I do not like needles.
[Reply]
rizzle 08:52 AM 03-12-2010
What is it, a catfish?
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:19 AM 03-12-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I would love to get my High School mascot (Elder Panther Head) tattoed on me, but I do not like needles.
You really don't want to get one because your mascot is PURPLE!! :-)

Nice tattoo's by the way :-) Can't wait to get one but that is just another slippery slope.
[Reply]
68TriShield 10:10 AM 03-12-2010
Originally Posted by rizzle:
What is it, a catfish?
A Koi I'd say.
[Reply]
sikk50 10:12 AM 03-12-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I'm scared to death of needles, I begged my doctor for the nasal H1N1 thing. To be honest it doesn't feel like a needle. I'd compair it to a light scratch from a fishing hook or a paper clip. :-)
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 10:24 AM 03-12-2010
That is freaking awesome!!

Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
A Koi I'd say.
:-)

I was able to learn quite a bit about koi over the years I've been keeping fish. There are legends that say if a koi succeeded in climbing the falls at the Dragon Gate it would transform into a dragon.

Koi are also associated with perseverance and strength of purpose. Because of its strength and determination to overcome obstacles (ie The Dragon Gate), it stands for courage and the ability to attain high goals and good forune.
[Reply]
joeybear 10:28 AM 03-12-2010
Looks good, Frank!
[Reply]
marge796 10:33 AM 03-12-2010
Originally Posted by 1badhog07:
nice work,cant stay at just one,they get very addictive..
Your Koi & the sckull look great. Great color and detail!

They are indeed addictive, I have five, I want two more small ones to finish off my tattoo collection.

Chris.....
[Reply]
tx_tuff 03:13 PM 03-12-2010
Yeah its a Koi fish, and Jim that is the reason it is facing up my leg and not down. The color combo is for my daughter and it has green eyes for my son. Also the tattoo has two cherry blossoms, one for my girl and one for my boy.

Right now I'm happy with just the one, can't be spending all my cigar money on tattoos LOL
[Reply]
Razorhog 03:18 PM 03-12-2010
Nice - I like that you added in parts about your kids. I've been considering a tattoo to celebrate the birth of my twin sons. From what I've been smoking lately, I should get a tattoo of a Tatuaje :-)
[Reply]
sikk50 03:20 PM 03-12-2010
Better not get the Flor de Lis :-)
[Reply]
tx_tuff 11:59 PM 03-12-2010
If I do get another one there is a pretty good chance it would be cigar related.
[Reply]
pmwz 03:53 AM 03-13-2010
i want to get a backpiece someday. i really like japanese tattoos + have a couple of artists in mind who could do the job. problem is that it takes 1+ year to get an appointment + its too expensive for me right now.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up