Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Bid
okieRob 07:00 PM 03-10-2010
Is there a support group or maybe a 12 step program out there? I think I may need help.
[Reply]
maninblack 07:05 PM 03-10-2010
Same here. I've dropped a couple paychecks there since Feb.
[Reply]
Ratters 07:11 PM 03-10-2010
Get your fix by bidding really low. You may lose 95% of them, but you'll get the enjoyment of bidding and when you win it will be an awesome deal. See, problem solved in one step. :-)
[Reply]
lightning9191 07:19 PM 03-10-2010
Have you're shipping address changed to mine. It won't be as much fun when you are buying cigars for me. For an added fee, I'll post pictures of me smoking your cigars.:-)
[Reply]
Kreth 07:34 PM 03-10-2010
Originally Posted by Ratters:
Get your fix by bidding really low. You may lose 95% of them, but you'll get the enjoyment of bidding and when you win it will be an awesome deal. See, problem solved in one step. :-)
Great plan, right up until 3 of your lowball bids pay off at once. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
T.G 07:39 PM 03-10-2010
Never heard of this "Cigar Bid". What exactly is it?
[Reply]
Kreth 07:43 PM 03-10-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
http://www.cigarbid.com

Mwahahahahahaha. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
smokin5 07:47 PM 03-10-2010
Originally Posted by okieRob:
Is there a support group or maybe a 12 step program out there? I think I may need help.

There WAS a 12-step program, then some @%#?&*! bid it up to 14.:-)

Seriously, tho, just stop logging on. Then you don't know what you're missing. I go many months at a time without peeking, then jump on with abandon, then jump off again. If you don't click on, you can't bid on 'em.
[Reply]
neoflex 08:02 PM 03-10-2010
I've been logging on lately doing searches for lots that I know always go above retail just for sh*ts and giggles. Perfect examples are the Liga #9 sampler and the Oliva V sampler. 99.9% of the time they go for a good amount above CI's retail price. Funny how this thread came up as I was just showing my wife some ridiculous auctions over there.
[Reply]
Trouble 08:13 PM 03-10-2010
I just saw a single Tat series P go for $8 and on the same night I won a box of 31 Tat series P for $67.

Padron anniversary series always go for way more that you can buy them for on most sites.
[Reply]
Namerifrats 08:20 PM 03-10-2010
Same here......but been "clean" for 2 months now! Wife really got on my ass so I just stopped going there for a while. Not to mention I didn't really have any place to put anything else. Both coolers are packed full to the top.
[Reply]
Uflbassin 11:05 PM 03-10-2010
I like cbid to try out the samplers. I'm still relatively new, so you just can't beat trying 5 different cigars from a company for $10 even if it is a bit hit or miss. Still... I find myself winning more lots than I should... and haven't logged on in a few weeks because of it.:-)
[Reply]
T.G 11:10 PM 03-10-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Originally Posted by Kreth:
http://www.cigarbid.com

Mwahahahahahaha. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
That was way too easy. Only took 4 minutes.

:-)
[Reply]
jsnake 11:44 PM 03-10-2010
I watch and watch and just never see these deals you all talk about. Most bids seem to hover at or above internet retail.
[Reply]
jaydub13 01:14 AM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by jsnake:
I watch and watch and just never see these deals you all talk about. Most bids seem to hover at or above internet retail.
+1. Looks like a lot of folks just lose their minds... Like Trouble said, I see ones like the Tat P's going for $7-8 a stick, which is double my overpriced B&M! Guess I gotta just watch like a hawk...
[Reply]
silentjon 04:46 AM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by jaydub13:
+1. Looks like a lot of folks just lose their minds... Like Trouble said, I see ones like the Tat P's going for $7-8 a stick, which is double my overpriced B&M! Guess I gotta just watch like a hawk...
A lot of the single cigars seem to go for over the MSRP. Deals are to had on boxes though. I haven't been on their for months (only because I have no room).
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 05:30 AM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by silentjon:
A lot of the single cigars seem to go for over the MSRP. Deals are to had on boxes though. I haven't been on their for months (only because I have no room).
agreed but even on boxes i see less of deals compared to a year ago
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:49 AM 03-11-2010
Momma said it's the devil!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 07:19 AM 03-11-2010
People just get into pissing matches and like others said deals as of late are hard to find. I remember three, four years ago there were still pissing matches but you could still clean up more often than not.
[Reply]
nater 07:24 AM 03-11-2010
I just find the cheapest price online for a box of X, then I bid 20% or so less, and leave it at that... I loose most, but win some...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up