Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Dads advice - the day is approaching fast!
Razorhog 07:38 PM 03-08-2010
Just got done installing two infant car seats in my minivan! I sold my 2006 Tacoma and bought a 2009 Sienna. I'm the cool dad-to-be sporting the minivan :-)
The install wasn't too bad considering it was my first time. I had to roll up a towel and put it underneath to get them good and level. Any dads out there got any advice for a soon to be dad? :-)
[Reply]
BigFrank 08:05 PM 03-08-2010
Sleep as much as you can starting right now.
Patience, live it learn it.
Anything you cherish store away out of site.
Don't miss a minute.
[Reply]
McSmokey 08:07 PM 03-08-2010
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Sleep as much as you can starting right now.
Patience, live it learn it.
Anything you cherish store away out of site.
Don't miss a minute.
:-)
Also once your baby is here cherish every moment the days go by way to fast. Mine is one month old and I still feel like he just came home yesterday
[Reply]
Neuromancer 08:08 PM 03-08-2010
Originally Posted by Razorhog:
Just got done installing two infant car seats in my minivan! I sold my 2006 Tacoma and bought a 2009 Sienna. I'm the cool dad-to-be sporting the minivan :-)
The install wasn't too bad considering it was my first time. I had to roll up a towel and put it underneath to get them good and level. Any dads out there got any advice for a soon to be dad? :-)
You might not want them totally level...if they lean back a bit it will put the children in a slightly leaning back position that might be more comfortable to them then sitting straight upright...that way their heads will rest against the back of the carseat and be cushioned...
[Reply]
BigFrank 08:13 PM 03-08-2010
Originally Posted by Neuromancer:
You might not want them totally level...if they lean back a bit it will put the children in a slightly leaning back position that might be more comfortable to them then sitting straight upright...that way their heads will rest against the back of the carseat and be cushioned...
yea good point, kids in the car = instant nap time.
[Reply]
Razorhog 08:26 PM 03-08-2010
Originally Posted by Neuromancer:
That is understandable. However I read that newborns need to leaned back at about a 45 degree angle. The seats have a little leveling device that lets you know it is in the proper position. I'll run by the police station and have them inspect them to make sure. :-)
[Reply]
Razorhog 08:28 PM 03-08-2010
Originally Posted by McSmokey:
:-)
Also once your baby is here cherish every moment the days go by way to fast. Mine is one month old and I still feel like he just came home yesterday
Excellent advice. We will be coming home with two little boys, and from what I've heard it won't be long until they're off to college. :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:20 PM 03-08-2010
Take the time to be dad. Don't listen to the quality over quantity Buffalo Snot. The days will be over to fast and you will say, "where did the time go."

Listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH46SmVv8SU
and remember the lesson.
[Reply]
akumushi 10:24 PM 03-08-2010
Take pictures and videos of even the most banal little things they do, they'll be priceless, precious moments to relive when they're older!
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 10:38 PM 03-08-2010
Have fun! It's the most rewarding thing you'll do!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
maninblack 01:57 AM 03-09-2010
I got two beautiful boys myself. Don't take a single moment for granted. It's the most rewarding job you'll ever have and the benefits are great.
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:05 AM 03-09-2010
Before you know it your babies will look like this,teenagers...
Then of course they will be good for this :-)
[Reply]
kenstogie 06:25 AM 03-09-2010
Never do things out of anger even though they'll do things that will get to you. Give yourself some time by your self then go back and discuss. Do one thing every day with your child just you and them, (for me it's reading at bedtime) concentrate on listening to them and nothing else. There a reason for the cliche "they grow up sooo fast", There's probably a ton of other stuff that you figure out along the way. They will teach you also.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:50 AM 03-09-2010
Patience, patience, patience. Down the road, it's also nice if you let them join in when you're playing their video games. :-)
[Reply]
Razorhog 07:09 AM 03-09-2010
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Take the time to be dad. Don't listen to the quality over quantity Buffalo Snot. The days will be over to fast and you will say, "where did the time go."

Listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH46SmVv8SU
and remember the lesson.
Man that song gets to me.
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:11 AM 03-09-2010
Congratulations!!!:-)

Wow! So much good advice here!!! Listen and follow all of the above!!!:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:22 AM 03-09-2010
Congratulations! Babies bring a whole new world of wonder to your life.

But, to be blunt: Babies are like leeches, they take a lot of your time and energy which you never get back (you get love and smiles from them, but when you're over tired, love and smiles may not be enough). This can make you frustrated.

When (not if) you get frustrated with your baby, walk away -- no matter what. Never take your frustration or anger out on the child. Shaken-baby syndrome is nothing that you want for you or your baby.

If you do want to shake your baby, make a note to remind you later and then shake them up good when they are teenagers. Might shake some sense into them then -- although with my kids it's hard to tell :-)
[Reply]
Razorhog 08:32 AM 03-09-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Congratulations! Babies bring a whole new world of wonder to your life.

But, to be blunt: Babies are like leeches, they take a lot of your time and energy which you never get back (you get love and smiles from them, but when you're over tired, love and smiles may not be enough). This can make you frustrated.

When (not if) you get frustrated with your baby, walk away -- no matter what. Never take your frustration or anger out on the child. Shaken-baby syndrome is nothing that you want for you or your baby.

If you do want to shake your baby, make a note to remind you later and then shake them up good when they are teenagers. Might shake some sense into them then -- although with my kids it's hard to tell :-)
Excellent advice. I know there will be times of extreme frustration. I'll need to walk away, go outside and have a cigar, etc. I should probably stock up on some quick smokes....:-)
[Reply]
J0eybb 08:32 AM 03-09-2010
Teach them young to say dumb ass ****. Then watch the hillarity. My poor three year old walks up to her mother rips a fart, and tells her balls, then just casually strolls along.
[Reply]
Razorhog 08:34 AM 03-09-2010
Originally Posted by J0eybb:
Teach them young to say dumb ass ****. Then watch the hillarity. My poor three year old walks up to her mother rips a fart, and tells her balls, then just casually strolls along.
I'm sure I'll have them saying some crazy stuff, but nothing that will get me or them in trouble. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up