Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>I wish my town had more then one cigar shop.
Rob. 09:02 AM 03-05-2010
From what I can tell they havent gotten any new stock in the past year or two, they are just selling out what they have. Actually its just a Tobacco shop attached to Sobeys Grocery. I went today just to pick up a single to stick in my humi as I was bored and just wanted see if they had anything interesting. Buy I was devistated by the lack of sticks in their humi. They have a large Humi just to the left of the main door, and when I asked her to open it, they may have had 10 boxes in it, when it can clearly hold 10-20 times that. Guess I will be doing all my purchasing online now.
[Reply]
G G 09:05 AM 03-05-2010
Well the nearest one to me is 55 miles away.
[Reply]
Scottw 09:06 AM 03-05-2010
We don't have a B & M in town, I have to drive 10-12 miles.
[Reply]
jsnake 09:15 AM 03-05-2010
When I started as a rep for a cigar company I didn't realize how much I had in my own back yard. I am blessed to have tons of cigar shops and lounges near me. I discovered so many places I never even heard about. I count myself lucky and do feel sorry for those who don't have many options. If the laws weren't so strict as to drive away and put cigar shops out of business it would be better for us all.
[Reply]
hotreds 09:20 AM 03-05-2010
Truly, with all the internet sites, not having a B&M is not too much of a handicap, methinks. However, what I would sure like is a cigar lounge! Now that I regret not having close to me!
[Reply]
Kreth 09:26 AM 03-05-2010
My local B&M is primarily a magazine and Quick Draw place that happens to have a humidor, even though it has Cigar in the name. I stopped in a few times this winter and bought an over-priced stick (ex. RyJ Bully for $8 a pop) just to have somewhere warm to smoke.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
captain53 09:26 AM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Truly, with all the internet sites, not having a B&M is not too much of a handicap, methinks. However, what I would sure like is a cigar lounge! Now that I regret not having close to me!
:-) They are too expensive and usually have limited selections.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:37 AM 03-05-2010
Luckily, The Party Source is only 20 minutes from my house :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:40 AM 03-05-2010
I am lucky to have at least 6 B&M's within 20 mins of me. I pretty much only go to Habana Premium though.
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:42 AM 03-05-2010
Portland is not exactly a large city by some standards, but we are lucky to have a lot of B&M's -- at least eight that I can think of off the top of my head and there are probably more. This is not counting any in nearby Vancouver, Salem, etc.

I know that B&M's can be more expensive, but it is really nice to be able to go in and look at, touch, and smell a cigar before you buy one. It's also nice to be able to hang out and talk with the tobacconists at the B&Ms.

Don't get me wrong I buy from the Internet too, but I always spend some money at the local stores.

Originally Posted by Rob.:
From what I can tell they havent gotten any new stock in the past year or two, they are just selling out what they have. Actually its just a Tobacco shop attached to Sobeys Grocery. I went today just to pick up a single to stick in my humi as I was bored and just wanted see if they had anything interesting. Buy I was devistated by the lack of sticks in their humi. They have a large Humi just to the left of the main door, and when I asked her to open it, they may have had 10 boxes in it, when it can clearly hold 10-20 times that. Guess I will be doing all my purchasing online now.
Maybe you should look at this as an opportunity and ask them if you could take it over, or if not take it over at least help them stock it and or sell cigars :-)
[Reply]
fuente~fuente 10:23 AM 03-05-2010
Lucky for you they're on the Information Super Highway just one click away.:-)

I'm lucky enough to have several to choose from... But hey, look at the bright side. As long as you have a comfey spot at your place to smoke, your alright.... Right???:-)
[Reply]
Stick 10:42 AM 03-05-2010
Check out this thread:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=573
[Reply]
McSmokey 10:43 AM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by ggainey:
Well the nearest one to me is 55 miles away.
I feel your pain the nearest REAL B&M for me is a 50 Minute Drive. If I need a quick fix there is a Wine/Non-regular Brews Store that has a couple of Cabinets with some things that are smokeable
[Reply]
1badhog07 10:48 AM 03-05-2010
well consider yourselves blessed,the nearest B&M to me is 150 miles away in san antonio.
[Reply]
Razorhog 10:57 AM 03-05-2010
My local tobacco shop has a humidor, but the selection is paltry and the prices high. Still pick up a single from time to time though.
[Reply]
fuente~fuente 05:05 PM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by 1badhog07:
well consider yourselves blessed,the nearest B&M to me is 150 miles away in san antonio.
DAY-UM!!! I feel for ya bro.:-)

Internet retailers are Gustavo's best friend. :-)
[Reply]
htown 05:08 PM 03-05-2010
I went in to the one closest to me yesterday and they had mold on some of their cigars. I discretely tried to tell the manager and he told me it was plume and only happens when the environment is perfect and they are highly sought after. I said ok and left.
[Reply]
0002S 05:21 PM 03-05-2010
3 1/2 city blocks for me....:-)

[Reply]
maninblack 05:58 PM 03-05-2010
Mine are more than an hour away each way. It sucks but the devil site is my friend.
[Reply]
captain53 06:09 PM 03-05-2010
Originally Posted by 0002S:
3 1/2 city blocks for me....:-)

I would like to have that one nearby as I order a fair amount of smokes from them. Very Nice!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up