Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>How do you send your (cigar) Bombs?
CasaDooley 11:33 AM 03-04-2010
There seems to be a lot of negative feelings towards the USPS in this thread:http://http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29306

I have a question for those that do not like nor use USPS; How do you send a (cigar) bomb out? Is there a cheaper/better way to go that you use? Also, how do you send your packages to the troops and would you be willing to spend more for shipping to get you "special" packages from over seas via UPS, FedEx or DHL?
Thanks for your replies.:-)
[Reply]
Razorhog 11:38 AM 03-04-2010
Good question. I drove by both a fedex and ups drop off box this morning and wondered the same thing. UPS or Fedex might have some sort of online shipping like USPS's click 'n ship, but actually have a tracking number that is worth a crap.
[Reply]
14holestogie 11:38 AM 03-04-2010
Let me say that I use USPS almost exclusively and the lack of Saturday delivery won't change that.

If I had to choose from the rest as an alternate, I'd go UPS for a couple of reasons. Never had an issue with them and by shipping from work, I get about a 30% discount on posted rates. :-)
[Reply]
aich75013 12:13 PM 03-04-2010
I haven't had any issues with USPS. I don't ship much though. Mostly what I have shipped has been for CA. Better tracking would be nice, but the current method works ok.
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:14 PM 03-04-2010
+1 USPS
Print online and save a few cents..
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 12:17 PM 03-04-2010
I use USPS exclusively and will continue to do so. The don't provide "tracking." It is delivery confirmation and works for that. Doesn't bother me in the least!!
[Reply]
Footbag 01:04 PM 03-04-2010
I still use USPS. Even though they only offer DC, not tracking, the package still arrives faster.

Otherwise, UPS ground.
[Reply]
ucla695 01:09 PM 03-04-2010
I always use USPS. The automated kiosks are great - hardly ever a line, easy to use and I get a confirmation number. Gotta like the Priority boxes too...perfect for cigars. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:11 PM 03-04-2010
I have been using the USPS for all my shipping recently and it is very convenient -- particularly the after-hours drop-off, which UPS and FedEx do not offer me.
[Reply]
Volt 01:18 PM 03-04-2010
USPS and only use priority any more when it is a box split or trade. For a bomb - 1st class is just fine. It's going to get to most people in the same amount of time anyway. I asked the question on the DC# bit way back in a another time and site. Still not sure why folks get all wrapped around it. It's not for tracking and really doesn't prove a box of cigars were shipped. Only that a label was purchased....
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:19 PM 03-04-2010
Hand delivered in person is alway the best!!!:-)
[Reply]
bobarian 01:46 PM 03-04-2010
Originally Posted by Razorhog:
Good question. I drove by both a fedex and ups drop off box this morning and wondered the same thing. UPS or Fedex might have some sort of online shipping like USPS's click 'n ship, but actually have a tracking number that is worth a crap.
Please try to use complete sentences, you are very difficult to understand. If you are saying that the USPS DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER is not good for tracking, then you are correct. Because its not a TRACKING NUMBER! :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:03 PM 03-04-2010
With the millions of packages and letters the USPS handles everyday, I think they do pretty dang good job.

I also agree with Darrell, hand deliveries rule! :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 04:10 PM 03-04-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
With the millions of packages and letters the USPS handles everyday, I think they do pretty dang good job.

I also agree with Darrell, hand deliveries rule! :-)
Hand deliveries suck! I prefer the "you touched the cigar...it's yours now!" :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 04:11 PM 03-04-2010
The first, and most important step, is to make sure you have my address correct. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 04:13 PM 03-04-2010
Originally Posted by CasaDooley:
Also, how do you send your packages to the troops
You don't really have a choice there. It's pretty much USPS or not at all. FedEx, UPS and DHL will only deliver to physical street adresses.
[Reply]
Razorhog 04:16 PM 03-04-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Please try to use complete sentences, you are very difficult to understand. If you are saying that the USPS DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER is not good for tracking, then you are correct. Because its not a TRACKING NUMBER! :-)
LOL, no joke! I just read that and shook my head... Must have been a lack of caffeine at the time!
Even with the lack of tracking, I still use the USPS. The Click 'N Ship is very convenient.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:20 PM 03-04-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I prefer the "you touched the cigar...it's yours now!" :-)
Well, that is the rule brudda. :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 04:23 PM 03-04-2010
I use USPS Priority exclusively.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 05:12 PM 03-04-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
The first, and most important step, is to make sure you have my address correct. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up