Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Entertainment>PC Gamers?
kgoings 12:24 PM 02-27-2010
Anyone out there? I just upgraded my laptop after 5 years (quad core :-)) and was wondering about some PC games. I am a stream subscriber and I saw they have COD MW2, anyone playing that on PC. What kind of controller should I buy or do I need one. I have a PC game that I can not play with the keyboard...TOCA racedriver...need a controller.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 12:29 PM 02-27-2010
I've been liking Borderlands a lot lately. I don't dig the whole keyboard and mouse thing. I use a wireless Xbox 360 controller with the Microsoft "sensor for PC's thingy." This set up works for most PC games very well. AND I can use the keyboard and mouse at the same time if I want. Best of both worlds.

I know you don't have a 360, but you can just pick up a wired 360 controller new at Gamestop or somewhere for around $30. The wired ones have a USB plug and will work instantly with most PC games.
[Reply]
jaymz 12:31 PM 02-27-2010
Just pre-ordered the Alienware M11x for myself ... looking forward to having a laptop that will play COD4:MW2 :-)
[Reply]
Hippi3Slay3r 12:42 PM 02-27-2010
I nerd it up weekly on a few MMO's 1.there fun as hell and 2. I get to interact with all my friends I left in Cali when I moved to WI. Never been a huge FPS fan but I will say that I might try Borderlands, The gameplay vids ive seen look sweet!

~Kyle
[Reply]
kgoings 12:56 PM 02-27-2010
Looks like I will be running to gamestop! :-)

Borderlands eh...I will check it out.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 01:12 PM 02-27-2010
Originally Posted by kgoings:
Looks like I will be running to gamestop! :-)

Borderlands eh...I will check it out.
:-) on Gamestop. Borderlands is interesting. It's repetitive and yet everything is always changing just a wee bit. The game is fun and there are already two DLC's available for it. Another DLC with a new level cap will be out soon too.
[Reply]
Prefy 01:50 PM 02-27-2010
I'm a PC gamer :-)

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is coming out this week!

It will blow MW2 away, if your computer can handle it that is (I was in the beta):-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ain-N3Z9kQs
[Reply]
CEC_Tech 02:32 PM 02-27-2010
Check out the logictech G13. It's what I use for pc gaming. Left 4 dead 2 and COD Modern warfare. It also works great for any games you need to use macro's for too. It took about a day to get used to it, but now it's all I use. Check it out!
[Reply]
issues 02:37 PM 02-27-2010
I am also a PC gamer. The only MP game I'm currently playing is Borderlands.

I have off of work this week so I plan to catch up on my gaming.

I still have The Saboteur, Batman and Dragon Age to get into then I have to pick up Mass Effect 2 as soon as possible. :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 02:40 PM 02-27-2010
Originally Posted by issues:
I am also a PC gamer. The only MP game I'm currently playing is Borderlands.

I have off of work this week so I plan to catch up on my gaming.

I still have The Saboteur, Batman and Dragon Age to get into then I have to pick up Mass Effect 2 as soon as possible. :-)
PM inbound!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 02:52 PM 02-27-2010
It looks like the 3rd DLC for Borderlands was released within this last week. Sweet.
[Reply]
andrew 02:59 PM 02-27-2010
Once I get out of this financial crunch I'll be buying cod2. I have a razer naga gaming mouse I use for wow, I'm hoping it's as versitile in cod.
[Reply]
issues 03:06 PM 02-27-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
PM inbound!
Replied...

I spent a mint on a gaming system last year and I simply love it! :-)

I am looking to upgrade to Windows 7 soon and maybe adding another 3 GB of RAM.
[Reply]
kgoings 03:15 PM 03-01-2010
Downloaded Rome Total War. Pretty sweet game, I think its an older game but very fun!

Do you play Borderlands online with a million other people similar to Coutner Strike??
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 03:17 PM 03-01-2010
My copy of Napoleon Total War came in today :-)

Rome TW is awesome, check out the Europa Barborum mod for it, completely changes the game.
[Reply]
kgoings 03:24 PM 03-01-2010
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
My copy of Napoleon Total War came in today :-)

Rome TW is awesome, check out the Europa Barborum mod for it, completely changes the game.
Yea I bought a package that came with Barbarian and Alexander the Great.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 03:30 PM 03-01-2010
Do you play Borderlands online with a million other people similar to Coutner Strike??
You can play with up to three other players. I have a friend I'd planned to play online with but his "special" copy isn't working online. I went to his place and we played by LAN though. I got there around 11PM and emerged some time after 3AM. Lot's of fun.
[Reply]
kgoings 03:37 PM 03-01-2010
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
You can play with up to three other players. I have a friend I'd planned to play online with but his "special" copy isn't working online. I went to his place and we played by LAN though. I got there around 11PM and emerged some time after 3AM. Lot's of fun.
Cool, I will let you know when I get my copy
[Reply]
loki 04:10 PM 03-01-2010
i just play wow right now, and americas army from time to time
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 04:14 PM 03-01-2010
Yea I bought a package that came with Barbarian and Alexander the Great.
Those are good, but if you want a different experience EB is a mod that totally changes the game:

http://www.europabarbarorum.com/

Also, a good site with many mods for all the TW games (should you feel like experimenting:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up