Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>This is just a bit bizarre.
shilala 08:08 AM 02-26-2010
You old goats probably remember pics of Jackie O on The Christina. It was Aristotle Onassis' big fancy yacht.
I watched a show last night about yachts, and it was on there.
Turns out when Aristotle died it was donated to the Greek President's office. They didn't use it at all and it slipped into disrepair.
Recntly a friend of the Onassis family had the boat refurbished to it's original glory.
Now the bizarre part...
The bar is gorgeous. It's got stools all around the bar, and they are decorated with whale teeth and rope. The teeth actually stick out to rest your feet on.
They had to recover the seats. When they did, they covered the old covers, but left them in tact. The reason they did this is because the old seat covers were made from whale foreskins.
Ya. Whale foreskins. I can't make this stuff up.
Now, my question is this...
Why? Are there not enough elephant foreskins to go around?
[Reply]
md4958 08:15 AM 02-26-2010
Yeah, but there are more Jewish whales than Jewish elephants, so the whale foreskins were easier to attain.
[Reply]
Kreth 08:17 AM 02-26-2010
Whale Bris! :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:21 AM 02-26-2010
Just imagine sitting on one of those stools, enjoying your favorite drink and maybe a fine cigar and then thinking about some poor whale swimming around in that cold water without his foreskin!

The thought might make me move to the sofa :-)
[Reply]
md4958 08:23 AM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Just imagine sitting on one of those stools, enjoying your favorite drink and maybe a fine cigar and then thinking about some poor whale swimming around in that cold water without his foreskin!
I hear that lady whales like it better :-)
[Reply]
shilala 08:23 AM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:
Yeah, but there are more Jewish whales than Jewish elephants, so the whale foreskins were easier to attain.
You'd think they'd have a hole in them. That's all I'm saying.
[Reply]
G G 08:32 AM 02-26-2010
weird
[Reply]
kydsid 08:49 AM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
You'd think they'd have a hole in them. That's all I'm saying.
Well considering a whale penis can be 20 feet long I am pretty sure that the foreskin is big enough for more than one stool.
[Reply]
shilala 09:05 AM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Well considering a whale penis can be 20 feet long I am pretty sure that the foreskin is big enough for more than one stool.
That is quite probably the coolest quote I have ever seen on the internet. :-)
You just don't hear that every day, ya know? :-)
[Reply]
G G 09:06 AM 02-26-2010
That is quite probably the coolest quote I have ever seen on the internet. :-)
You just don't hear that every day, ya know? :-)
Now that you mention it, I have to agree.
[Reply]
ucla695 09:24 AM 02-26-2010
You old goats probably remember pics of Jackie O on The Christina. It was Aristotle Onassis' big fancy yacht.
I watched a show last night about yachts, and it was on there.
Turns out when Aristotle died it was donated to the Greek President's office. They didn't use it at all and it slipped into disrepair.
Recntly a friend of the Onassis family had the boat refurbished to it's original glory.
Now the bizarre part...
The bar is gorgeous. It's got stools all around the bar, and they are decorated with whale teeth and rope. The teeth actually stick out to rest your feet on.
They had to recover the seats. When they did, they covered the old covers, but left them in tact. The reason they did this is because the old seat covers were made from whale foreskins.
Ya. Whale foreskins. I can't make this stuff up.
Now, my question is this...
Why? Are there not enough elephant foreskins to go around?
I saw that episode too and thought the same thing! What an odd thing to use for furniture. You just have to be careful not to move around too much on stools. :-)
[Reply]
Blindjimme 09:42 AM 02-26-2010
20 Feet? Is that all they got? Ha!
[Reply]
kydsid 09:45 AM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by Blindjimme:
20 Feet? Is that all they got? Ha!
Once you go Shamu you don't go back!
[Reply]
Steve 09:52 AM 02-26-2010
What I want to know (OK, maybe I don't want to know) is WHO woke up one morning and said "I think I'll make a bar stool out of a whale foreskin..."

Not exactly something I would think of, that's for sure!
[Reply]
cort 10:40 AM 02-26-2010
Whale Foreskin is HOT!!!
[Reply]
Coz77 11:15 AM 02-26-2010
This thread makes me LOL...thanks guys!
[Reply]
Patrick B 11:17 AM 02-26-2010
Whale foreskin is the new elephant foreskin. Keep this in mind when planning any decorating.
[Reply]
Darrell 11:29 AM 02-26-2010
You don't know comfort until your butt naked drinking scotch while sitting on a whale foreskin.....
[Reply]
Neuromancer 12:39 PM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Whale Bris! :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
:-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 12:42 PM 02-26-2010
Once you go Shamu you don't go back!
Thats because you'd die! :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >