Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Really can't take this anymore.
jerseystepup 07:13 AM 02-26-2010
This snow in jersey is absolutly killing me.. we have over a foot again and its still falling. Work is closed today but that means no pay.. ON TOP of it all while i was shoveling i asked my gf to get in my jeep and turn on the defroster... so with my windshield buried what does she do? Tries to turn on the windshield wipers and the weight of the snow burns the motor.... now im officially stuck here.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:31 AM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by jerseystepup:
This snow in jersey is absolutly killing me.. we have over a foot again and its still falling. Work is closed today but that means no pay.. ON TOP of it all while i was shoveling i asked my gf to get in my jeep and turn on the defroster... so with my windshield buried what does she do? Tries to turn on the windshield wipers and the weight of the snow burns the motor.... now im officially stuck here.
I know it isn't funny, and I really hate to laugh at another's expense, so no, I am not laughing at you.

However, living in Wisconsin, and given how temperate our winter has been - and how little snow we have had here in "the frozen tundra" - I cannot help but laugh at the amount of snow that has fallen in those places which don't normally get much snow. Virginia has had bigger snowfalls than we have had. I don't think we've had a snowfall that is more than 6" yet this winter. The last one was maybe 2", but I'm not sure it made that - same as the last few.

I do know your pain, even the burnt out wiper motor - a friend borrowed my car in college and did that. Never, ever, turn on the windshield wipers without first having cleared the snow and freed the wipers from the ice.

Will keep you in my prayers that your day goes better.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
jerseystepup 07:34 AM 02-26-2010
Thanks bro, yea i read on the local newspapers website this am... That the seasonal avg for here this time of year is 18 inches... and today we hit 50 inches so far for this year...
[Reply]
shilala 07:35 AM 02-26-2010
We got two inches and the schools are closed and the world is paralyzed.
You'd think we live in Georgia. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 07:35 AM 02-26-2010
I feel your pain. We got about 2' over night. The heaviest snowfall for all of upstate NY was centered over this area on the weather map. Lucky us. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
neoflex 07:39 AM 02-26-2010
It's times like this that I am glad we moved South a few years ago although this year I feel like it has been a lot colder than most years. So much for Global Warming huh? Sorry to hear about your wiper motor, whenever I here snow is in the forecast even before we moved I always keep the wipers in the up position. (Off the windshield standing straight up.) Makes clearing your windshield a little easier as the wipers are not in the way and you no longer have to worry about your spouse burning out your motor. Enjoy the day off!
[Reply]
sodomanaz 08:15 AM 02-26-2010
A few years ago here in Madison, WI I was driving to class and the snow was coming down so hard and fast that I burned out the windshield wiper motor just from constant use. Oh, and I arrive to find out class was cancelled that day.

Hope things get better for you!
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:27 AM 02-26-2010
Any people complain about the rain in Oregon... At least that does not shut everything down :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:29 AM 02-26-2010
Hope it clears up soon for ya, Randy.
[Reply]
G G 08:55 AM 02-26-2010
Hopefully things are better soon.
[Reply]
Blueface 10:05 AM 02-26-2010
It was February, 1996. Living in NJ. Record blizzard dropping 32 inches of snow, shutting everything down for three days.
That was the last time I saw snow in a state I was living in. By May, had packed up and moved to South Florida. Still waiting for a blizzard here. I dare it!
[Reply]
ucla695 10:09 AM 02-26-2010
Stay safe and hope it clears up soon!
[Reply]
cort 10:27 AM 02-26-2010
Sorry about your troubles Randy.

On a side note... supposed to be 70* here today.:-)
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 10:41 AM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
We got two inches and the schools are closed and the world is paralyzed.
You'd think we live in Georgia. :-)
Hah. I went to work today. My neighborhood was fine but every other road was a disaster, including the PA turnpike. They hadn't even plowed or salted the westbound side.

Later on I heard they shut down parts of it further west, closer to you I believe.
[Reply]
Razorhog 10:42 AM 02-26-2010
Hope things thaw soon... We're thawed out now and I don't want any more winter weather!
[Reply]
Kreth 10:43 AM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by Cort:
Sorry about your troubles Randy.

On a side note... supposed to be 70* here today.:-)
I think you should be required to smoke a Gorilla Finger for making a post like this. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
cort 10:44 AM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I think you should be required to smoke a Gorilla Finger for making a post like this. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
:-) My bad Jeff. I couldn't resist.
[Reply]
Kreth 10:51 AM 02-26-2010
Originally Posted by Cort:
:-) My bad Jeff. I couldn't resist.
My parents retired to Florida and my dad does the same thing. "It got down in the 50s the other night, had to put on a sweatshirt." :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
hotreds 11:05 AM 02-26-2010
Thanks, Algore!
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 11:16 AM 02-26-2010
As much as I hate NY winters I am kind of enjoying the few days at home with the snow. Its going to suck going to Texas and being in 100* heat.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up