Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Swedish/English translation help?
kzm007 03:25 PM 02-17-2010
I purchased a blu ray of Ellen Page's "An American Crime" from Sweden online, since it's unavailable as such in the US, and while I can play it just fine, I find the non-removable non-English subtitles irritating; I was assuming since it had an English audio track, and is an American film, it would have English subtitles as well, or that they would at the least be removable - all the menus are in English.

The return label says "Orsak" and then gives three check-boxes for reasons; "Angeratt," "Defekt Vera," and "Annan Orsak." What do these translate to exactly? I am assuming 'defective item' and 'other reason' for the last two?

Lastly, how do I say "The blu ray works perfectly in my player, but is unusable for my specific needs." in Swedish? for the comments section of the slip?

Thank you - Kegan
[Reply]
icehog3 03:34 PM 02-17-2010
Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga.

Oh, sorry, that's Carl the Groundskeeper quoting the Dali Lama. Can't help you with the Swedish, Kegan. :-)
[Reply]
kzm007 04:07 PM 02-17-2010
And yet, you know a little Russian I see :-) such a pity.

Thanks Tom. Anyone else?
[Reply]
Don Fernando 04:16 PM 02-17-2010
google translate? babbelfish? any other online translator?
[Reply]
M1903A1 04:21 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by kzm007:
And yet, you know a little Russian I see
Eez mandatory een hockey. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 04:28 PM 02-17-2010
http://www.worldlingo.com/en/product...ranslator.html
[Reply]
kzm007 04:39 PM 02-17-2010
Babelfish?! :-)ofl

Sorry, I know you mean well, it's just that Babelfish is usually too rough...and they don't offer Swedish -sulks- I did look.

I was hoping to find a native speaker here lol

And yes, Russian eez necessary een hockey, nyet chit :-)
[Reply]
kzm007 04:47 PM 02-17-2010
Ok, WorldLingo read "laser" as "beam," but it's technically correct in a way, so that'll work I guess - at least two guys there speak English I know lol

Thanks all, and especially hotreds.
[Reply]
Scottw 05:04 PM 02-17-2010
I flute without holes is not a flute, a doughnut without a hole is a danish.

-Ty Webb
[Reply]
T.G 05:22 PM 02-17-2010
Originally Posted by kzm007:
I poorchesed a bloo rey ooff Illee Pege's "Un Emereecun Creeme-a" frum Svedee oonleene-a, seence-a it's unefeeeleble-a es sooch in zee US, und vheele-a I cun pley it joost feene-a, I feend zee nun-remufeble-a nun-Ingleesh soobteetles irreeteting; I ves essoomeeng seence-a it hed un Ingleesh oodeeu treck, und is un Emereecun feelm, it vuoold hefe-a Ingleesh soobteetles es vell, oor thet zeey vuoold et zee leest be-a remufeble-a - ell zee menoos ere-a in Ingleesh.

Zee retoorn lebel seys "Orsek" und zeen geefes three-a check-buxes fur reesuns; "Ungerett," "Deffekt Fera," und "Unnun Oorsek." Vhet du zeese-a trunslete-a tu ixectly? I em essoomeeng 'deffecteefe-a item' und 'uzeer reesun' fur zee lest tvu?

Lestly, hoo du I sey "Zee bloo rey vurks perffectly in my pleyer, boot is unooseble-a fur my speceeffic needs. Um gesh dee bork, bork!" in Svedeesh? fur zee cumments secshun ooff zee sleep?

Thunk yuoo - Kegun
Su, vhet seems tu be-a zee prublem here-a?

Ohh, zee DFD. Umm, hurdy frurdy, der schnipp, schnipp.

I gut nutheeng. Bork, bork, bork!

kzm007 10:11 AM 02-20-2010
Part of me wanted to be offended by that as being mean-spirited, and I of all people hate being politically correct, and never am.

But you had to throw the bork, bork in there, didn't ya?

DIDN'T YOU! lmao :-) very clever.

oh my God, you bastigized my Christian name! :-) I'd kick your ass for that if I were actually religious enough to care.

Ironically, I'm registered as a reverend with Modesto California's Universal Life Church :-) and the PA courts recognize that. Best ten minutes I ever spent.
[Reply]
JE3146 11:59 AM 02-20-2010
I've never known a place, regardless of origin to accept returned DVD's/BD's/Games that were opened.

:-)
[Reply]
kzm007 02:12 PM 02-20-2010
Well, they said they would -shrugs- so I mailed it back.

Interesting to see what happens.
[Reply]
BigFrank 06:22 PM 02-20-2010
I would have filled in my own box check ****ing broken

universal term.
[Reply]
kzm007 10:58 PM 02-20-2010
:-) indeed it is :-)
[Reply]
kzm007 02:07 AM 02-21-2010
Knew I had it, couldn't find it before I emailed them, but here was their reply to my asking the first time:

Hi !

At the back of the receipt you got with the package you can write down 2352280 at the text RETURNUMMER. Then send the package to Megastore.se Box 11014 161 11 Bromma Sweden.

Med vänliga hälsningar/Best regards
Daniel
Kundtjänst
www.megastore.se

Wonder what that's going to do for me if they won't accept it; they'll either flat-out refuse it, or honor it I guess. Just hope I get something back one way or another :-) hm.
[Reply]
Niklas 12:57 PM 03-06-2010
Hi! U still need help?

Originally Posted by :
The return label says "Orsak" and then gives three check-boxes for reasons; "Angeratt," "Defekt Vera," and "Annan Orsak." What do these translate to exactly? I am assuming 'defective item' and 'other reason' for the last two?
Ok,
Orsak is Reason
Angeratt is: in Sweden u have a 2 week change your mind time when u buy over the internet, if u change your mind, the seller can do nothing if u return the goods.
Defekt vara is damaged goods
Annan Orsak is any other reason.

Originally Posted by :
Lastly, how do I say "The blu ray works perfectly in my player, but is unusable for my specific needs." in Swedish? for the comments section of the slip?
Skivan fungerar perfekt i min blu ray spelare men passar inte mina specifika behov

Almost everyone here in Sweden speak and read english so you might just be better off with writing in english.

Niklas
[Reply]
kzm007 03:02 PM 03-06-2010
Well my cultural sensitivity just went out the window :-) thank you, Niklas. I haven't heard anything back yet; with my luck, the US Post lost the item, but I plan on emailing to see what's going on with it.

Thanks again -

Kegan
[Reply]
G G 05:20 PM 03-06-2010
Oh
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 05:44 PM 03-06-2010
My Swedish is limited to a nefarious act with a sheep and girly throw.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up