Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Going Nuts
rhmalone 01:12 PM 02-09-2010
All this snow is really starting to negatively impact my cigar time, as I don't smoke in the house... I may need to construct a heated snow fort for my mid-day smokes. :-)
[Reply]
duckmanco 01:15 PM 02-09-2010
I'm right there with you man, I only smoke outdoors and with snow on the ground and temps in the 30-40 range, smoking outside ain't happening. I can smoke at work, but its not nearly as enjoyable.

I need 2 weeks of winter just prior and just after Christmas... and thats it.
[Reply]
JohnE1000 01:18 PM 02-09-2010
Originally Posted by rhmalone:
All this snow is really starting to negatively impact my cigar time, as I don't smoke in the house... I may need to construct a heated snow fort for my mid-day smokes. :-)

Find a cigar lounge close by. That's what I did.
[Reply]
rhmalone 01:25 PM 02-09-2010
Originally Posted by duckmanco:

I need 2 weeks of winter just prior and just after Christmas... and thats it.
:-)

Originally Posted by JohnE1000:
Find a cigar lounge close by. That's what I did.
There are a couple, but when the roads are bad they too are out of the equation... thus I'm back to my snow fort :-)
[Reply]
sikk50 01:25 PM 02-09-2010
I've had a cold all week does that count? :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 01:25 PM 02-09-2010
I totally hear ya! Its in the 50's in the evenings, sometimes I have to start a fire in my outdoor fireplace. Then it is nice and cozy! Much better to smoker during the day when its in the 70's.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 01:32 PM 02-09-2010
This is why I took up nasal snuff.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:36 PM 02-09-2010
Originally Posted by kgoings:
I totally hear ya! Its in the 50's in the evenings, sometimes I have to start a fire in my outdoor fireplace. Then it is nice and cozy! Much better to smoker during the day when its in the 70's.
I feel your pain Kirk :-):-)
[Reply]
Footbag 02:41 PM 02-09-2010
Originally Posted by kgoings:
Sounds tough!:-) ...as I get my boots, snow shovels, salt and plow ready.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 03:53 PM 02-09-2010
Wait a minute...here it comes...Smoke in the house! Ya just know someone is gonna say it, might as well be me. :-)
[Reply]
akumushi 03:56 PM 02-09-2010
Build an igloo?:-)
[Reply]
sjnovakovich 06:24 PM 02-09-2010
Originally Posted by CasaDooley:
Wait a minute...here it comes...Smoke in the house! Ya just know someone is gonna say it, might as well be me. :-)

Am I the ONLY guy who helps pay the mortgage and gets a say in what happens in the house? There MUST be a place that you can have to yourself where it won't impact your spouse/significant other. Nut-up and start the discussion.:-)
[Reply]
rhmalone 07:02 PM 02-09-2010
Originally Posted by sjnovakovich:
Am I the ONLY guy who helps pay the mortgage and gets a say in what happens in the house? There MUST be a place that you can have to yourself where it won't impact your spouse/significant other. Nut-up and start the discussion.:-)
Before you hang my wife up on a cross, it's not her, it's me. I choose not to smoke in the house. I have my garage, but on really cold days, I might as well be outside. Not to mention by the time I shovel a path I'm frozen stiff.

I'm just griping because I'm tired of snow and would like to see my grass again, that's all :-)
[Reply]
Kommatose 07:26 PM 02-09-2010
I smoke in my buddies Garage lol
[Reply]
kgoings 07:35 PM 02-09-2010
Before you hang my wife up on a cross, it's not her, it's me. I choose not to smoke in the house. I have my garage, but on really cold days, I might as well be outside. Not to mention by the time I shovel a path I'm frozen stiff.

I'm just griping because I'm tired of snow and would like to see my grass again, that's all :-)
Get a space heater and turn it on 10 to 15 minutes before you head out to the garage.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 06:13 PM 02-10-2010
I had an Oliva V with a couple beers today in the snow . Loved every minute of it . Beats the hell out of being at work . I love snow , always have . :-)
[Reply]
The Postman 07:14 PM 02-10-2010
Good for you brother, you make a choice not to smoke in the house, and I agree, I don't want cigar smoke in my house either, so outside it is!! A heater and blankets really help in the garden shed.
[Reply]
sjnovakovich 11:19 AM 02-11-2010

Guess I just played into the old cliche... Sorry 'bout that.
[Reply]
Razorhog 11:42 AM 02-11-2010
No smoking in the house for me either. I'm looking forward to a warm up so I can have a cigar. Luckily I have no nicotine dependence - I just miss the cigar experience.
[Reply]
shilala 12:21 PM 02-11-2010
I feel ya, man. I don't smoke in the house either (and I'm the only one paying the mortgage :-)).
I'm gonna have to go up to Scott's (sofaman's) house and burn one. I can't take it anymore. My interest in peaking and my opportunity just isn't there.
Even with that, I've still managed to get a lot of smokes in during the last month between hiding in my car or on trips.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up