Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
General Discussion>Do you think you know a lot about Cigars?
FriendlyMan 09:21 AM 02-05-2010
Take this test.

http://www.lindsayheller.com/
[Reply]
pnoon 09:27 AM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by FriendlyMan:
Take this test.

Before you ask folks to click on a link that appears to be non-cigar related, you might want to explain what the site is. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:35 AM 02-05-2010
Take this test.

This title is a little misleading. Knowing a lot about cigars as a cigar smoker versus knowing a lot about the history of cigars and raising tobacco are very different things. :-)
[Reply]
FriendlyMan 09:39 AM 02-05-2010
oh oh k, I didn't mean to upset anyone. She is a Cigar seller in NYC and its a contest on Cigar history.

Sorry again :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:42 AM 02-05-2010
hey, I like that blog, there is some good information there. Thanks for the link FriendlyMan.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:50 AM 02-05-2010
oh oh k, I didn't mean to upset anyone. She is a Cigar seller in NYC and its a contest on Cigar history.

Sorry again :-)
No one is upset.

You are a newer member with very little involvement here. You have posted a link that is unrelated to the topic of cigars. It is understandable that the membership should be leery.

In retrospect, it might have been helpful to have posted this info in the first post.
[Reply]
FriendlyMan 10:19 AM 02-05-2010
I have to confess I'm an old friend with to little time. I'm Friendlyfire from the clubstogie days. I know I should should stop by and say hello more often. But I allways send new smokers that I meet at the cigar lounge here. So I didt completly for get about you guys.
[Reply]
pnoon 10:24 AM 02-05-2010
I have to confess I'm an old friend with to little time. I'm Friendlyfire from the clubstogie days. I know I should should stop by and say hello more often. But I allways send new smokers that I meet at the cigar lounge here. So I didt completly for get about you guys.
I do remember you from CS.

However, my earlier post was made with the electronic safety of the CA membership in mind.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 10:28 AM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I do remember you from CS.

However, my earlier post was made with the electronic safety of the CA membership in mind.
And it's much appreciated. :-) Peter's like the guy who passes out condoms at the health department.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:36 AM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
And it's much appreciated. :-) Peter's like the guy who passes out condoms at the health department.
Ooh...ooh....I'll take three! :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 10:37 AM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Sorry, Tom. I'm all out of the small ones. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 10:40 AM 02-05-2010
OUCH! :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:00 AM 02-05-2010
If you're out of small ones then I guess you don't have any for yourself either Peter...:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:07 AM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
If you're out of small ones then I guess you don't have any for yourself either Peter...:-)
Peter doesn't need any, as someone has taken his little blue pills away :-)
[Reply]
poker 11:17 AM 02-05-2010
Theres a reason his name is Peter :-)
[Reply]
poker 11:20 AM 02-05-2010
I'll save folks the trouble of going to the link:

1) Many of you know I’m a BIG fan of corojo wrappers on my cigars, so with that being said, why is corojo grown under cheesecloth? Also, once past the seedling stage what other purpose does the cheesecloth serve in the tobacco’s growth?

2) Before cigars go into their molds prior to applying the wrapper, there is a specific bunching method used which is what inevitably defines the rolling technique for the cigar. In order of least complex to most complex, name the four major techniques.

3) Who is credited with being Europe’s first cigar roller and in what year did he claim to learn to properly roll a cigar from the Indians?

4) What major American political figure argued against a tobacco tax in 1794 because it would affect the poor the most? He called tobacco an “innocent gratification” and labeled it as something that should be enjoyed by those who wished to smoke.

5) What does the word cohiba mean in English and what is the story behind this famed Cuban brand?

6) Sir Winston Churchill has been in cigar news lately since a half-smoked cigar of his was just auctioned off for $7,000.00. He is an ironic historical figure and was known by all to be a cigar lover, but he was very careless with his smokes allowing them to often go out. Before re-lighting he would chew the ends mercilessly, but he did keep a candle around to re-light the sticks, which many times caused them to disintegrate. With that being said, Churchill actually invented a special protective paper for the foot of his cigars so he could still smoke them. What did he call this special paper??
[Reply]
BradNC 11:23 AM 02-05-2010
Finger Cots? :-)
[Reply]
markem 11:30 AM 02-05-2010
Pnoon, the CA prophylactic Image :-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 11:30 AM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
This is rather troubling Tom......
Ar you familiar with Cerberus? The three headed dog? :-)
[Reply]
markem 11:32 AM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
Ar you familiar with Cerberus?
Tom's an aardvark?

[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up